CAMC closes all sites.

Go down

CAMC closes all sites. Empty CAMC closes all sites.

Post by Cymro on Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:57 pm

At last:  This posted on website today:


To help ensure Government advice on social distancing is followed the Club will be closing its UK sites network today - Sunday 22 March 2020. 
This will include the Certificated Locations network. We are in the process of advising all CLs to this effect. 
All UK sites and CLs will remain closed until 30 June 2020."


About time.



Cymro
Cymro
Cymro
Donator
Donator

Male

Posts : 2217
Joined : 2011-06-05
Location : Caerdydd - Cardiff
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

CAMC closes all sites. Empty Re: CAMC closes all sites.

Post by burlingtonboaby on Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:03 pm

Thanks. Cymro ,knew it was on the cards.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Posts : 8618
Joined : 2011-11-15
Member Age : 70
Location : Bridlington
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

CAMC closes all sites. Empty Re: CAMC closes all sites.

Post by Marko on Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:59 pm

I wonder what the chances are of a 3 month membership extension?
Marko
Marko
Donator
Donator

Male

Posts : 29
Joined : 2017-10-18
Location : Leek, Staffs
Auto-Sleeper : Eton
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down

CAMC closes all sites. Empty Re: CAMC closes all sites.

Post by Paulmold on Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:03 pm

Marko wrote:I wonder what the chances are of a 3 month membership extension?
I was wondering that as well but not holding my breath.

_________________
If life just doesn't add up, start subtracting
Paulmold
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Posts : 16556
Joined : 2011-02-21
Member Age : 68
Location : North East Wales
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

CAMC closes all sites. Empty Re: CAMC closes all sites.

Post by AndyPK on Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:59 pm

I would imagine that both main clubs will think about this as an option or the ill-feeling generated would be considerable.......?!?
AndyPK
AndyPK
Donator
Donator

Male

Posts : 443
Joined : 2015-09-29
Member Age : 65
Location : Cirencester, Gloucestershire
Auto-Sleeper : Owned a Clubman GL
Vehicle Year : 2000

Back to top Go down

CAMC closes all sites. Empty Re: CAMC closes all sites.

Post by Spospe on Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:27 pm

The sites are closed, but are they manned? 

I know that CAMC have kept some sites open all year in the past because of the problem caused by Travelers setting up home when they see the place empty, so I wonder if Wardens are in place right now?
Spospe
Spospe
Donator
Donator

Male

Posts : 1139
Joined : 2013-11-17
Member Age : 75
Location : South Manchester
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

CAMC closes all sites. Empty Re: CAMC closes all sites.

Post by Paulmold on Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:34 pm

Spospe wrote:The sites are closed, but are they manned? 

I know that CAMC have kept some sites open all year in the past because of the problem caused by Travelers setting up home when they see the place empty, so I wonder if Wardens are in place right now?
The admin of the Facebook group is a warden at Tewkesbury. When the sites closed he posted that they were remaining on site to keep things tidy etc and kept on full pay. Don't know if all wardens are staying (Tewkesbury has four couples) or just a few.

_________________
If life just doesn't add up, start subtracting
Paulmold
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Posts : 16556
Joined : 2011-02-21
Member Age : 68
Location : North East Wales
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

CAMC closes all sites. Empty Re: CAMC closes all sites.

Post by Tinwheeler on Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:15 pm

I believe all wardens are on site and it seems some sites have allowed fulltimers to stay to give them a safe haven if they have no other home.
Tinwheeler
Tinwheeler
Member
Member

Male

Posts : 405
Joined : 2018-09-20
Location : South West
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

CAMC closes all sites. Empty Re: CAMC closes all sites.

Post by Paulmold on Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:21 pm

Slightly off topic. I have some gift vouchers for both clubs (we've asked for them as Christmas and birthday presents for several years) and a couple of C&CC ones are due to expire in June and October. I asked if they could be extended and the answer is yes. I have to return them and they will be extended for three months from the date the sites reopen. The CAMC ones don't have expiry date.

_________________
If life just doesn't add up, start subtracting
Paulmold
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Posts : 16556
Joined : 2011-02-21
Member Age : 68
Location : North East Wales
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

CAMC closes all sites. Empty Re: CAMC closes all sites.

Post by AndyLouch on Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:43 pm

I have seen the following post on another forum:

…."The Caravan & Motorhome Club (CMC) are keeping a few of their sites open for their fulltiming Members. Initially this was only for those already on CMC sites but has been extended to include those Members returning from abroad. Each case will be considered individually but if you need to be in a particular area (eg for family reasons) they will try to accommodate that.

You need to phone Head Office and ask for Site Operations. If you initially get an unhelpful operative on the phone, get their name and ring again until you get a helpful one - they do not all appear to be singing from the same hymn sheet. The 21 day rule has been scrapped and the rate being charged is the low season rate".... 



On the forum the CAMC has been widely praised and the C&CC lots of criticism for not taking the same standpoint.
AndyLouch
AndyLouch
Donator
Donator

Male

Posts : 433
Joined : 2014-07-11
Member Age : 62
Location : Hampshire United Kingdom
Auto-Sleeper : Winchcombe
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

CAMC closes all sites. Empty Re: CAMC closes all sites.

Post by rgermain on Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:24 pm

AndyLouch wrote:I have seen the following post on another forum:

…."The Caravan & Motorhome Club (CMC) are keeping a few of their sites open for their fulltiming Members. Initially this was only for those already on CMC sites but has been extended to include those Members returning from abroad. Each case will be considered individually but if you need to be in a particular area (eg for family reasons) they will try to accommodate that.

You need to phone Head Office and ask for Site Operations. If you initially get an unhelpful operative on the phone, get their name and ring again until you get a helpful one - they do not all appear to be singing from the same hymn sheet. The 21 day rule has been scrapped and the rate being charged is the low season rate".... 



On the forum the CAMC has been widely praised and the C&CC lots of criticism for not taking the same standpoint.
Yes I saw that, lots of C&CC members are saying they are stopping their membership due to the clubs attitude, so much for the "friendly club"
I also read that they say the CMC are not so stuffy after all.
-----------
Richard
rgermain
rgermain
Member
Member

Male

Posts : 1442
Joined : 2013-11-21
Member Age : 72
Location : Havant
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick duo
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum