The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nuevo class win

+4
gassygassy
burlingtonboaby
Tonks
Peter Brown
8 posters

Go down

Nuevo class win Empty Nuevo class win

Post by Peter Brown Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:25 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Nuevo class win Empty Re: Nuevo class win

Post by Tonks Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:43 pm

Fantastic. I’m looking at moving from a caravan to a Motorhome in the next few years (retirement) and the Nuevo looks perfect for me.
Tonks
Tonks

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Don’t yet own an AS
Vehicle Year : Don’t ye

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:51 pm

Tonks wrote:Fantastic. I’m looking at moving from a caravan to a Motorhome in the next few years (retirement) and the Nuevo looks perfect for me.
Hi Tonks
Welcome to the forum from Bridlington 
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by Tonks Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:09 pm

burlingtonboaby wrote:
Tonks wrote:Fantastic. I’m looking at moving from a caravan to a Motorhome in the next few years (retirement) and the Nuevo looks perfect for me.
Hi Tonks
Welcome to the forum from Bridlington 
Boaby
Many thanks !
Tonks
Tonks

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by gassygassy Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:07 pm

Hi Tonks and welcome. In case you aren't aware, the Nuevo has been around since Noah landed on the mountain. The point is, that since its birth it has undergone many 'improvements', but they have basically retained the same inside layout. So the new ones have lots and lots of electronic gizmos that the first ones didn't. If you are not set on getting a new one, or can't afford one, it might be worth your while doing a bit of research on the changes over the years, and deciding which features you want and which you can do without. You may then end up with an ideal year model -which may be new, or it may be an old one that you can search for.
Also it is worth bearing in mind that you can change the upholstery but you can't change the layout of a motorhome. So if you find your ideal year model but the seller only has a ghastly purple and yellow striped interior, don't dismiss it. You can get it all renewed, foam and all, for about £1200. The foam in an old model might be a bit sad and squashed but you get it all renewed from places like Regal Furnishings for the said £1200, with a choice of about 1000 patterns of material.

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : 1 Bourton 1 Polensa
Vehicle Year : various

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:28 am

We like our Nuevo even though we have had problems with it.  We bought it on retirement to replace our caravan and haven't regretted the move.  The problems we have had, which are probably not unique to Auto-Sleepers, required us to make frequent trips to our dealer (2 hour return journey), Willersey (4 hour return journey) and a Peugeot dealer that accepts Boxers & motorhomes (not all do - 2 hour return journey).  When this happens you can't leave the motorhome with them and then go home unless someone accompanies you in a car and then takes you back to collect the motorhome which quadruples the journeys.  A way of mitigating this is to combine such trips with a holiday but that's not always possible or practical.  The other impact of this is time which we would have struggled to find if we not been retired.  The so what is find out where all your dealers are in advance and be prepared.  I am sure there are new Auto-Sleepers out there that have required little or no warranty work.  Unfortunately you only tend to hear about the problems ones on this Forum.

Last edited by Caraman on Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:30 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:28 am

Caraman wrote:
We like our Nuevo even though we have had problems with it.  We bought it on retirement to replace our caravan and haven't regretted the move.  The problems we have had, which are probably not unique to Auto-Sleepers, required us to make frequent trips to our dealer (2 hour return journey), Willersey (4 hour return journey) and a Peugeot dealer that accepts Boxers & motorhomes (not all do - 2 hour return journey).  When this happens you can't leave the motorhome with them and then go home unless someone accompanies you in a car and then takes you back to collect the motorhome which quadruples the journeys.  A way of mitigating this is to combine such trips with a holiday but that's not always possible or practical.  The other impact of this is time which we would have struggled to find if we not been retired.  The so what is find out where all your dealers are in advance and be prepared.  I am sure there are new Auto-Sleepers out there that have required little or no warranty work.  Unfortunately you only tend to hear about the problems ones on this Forum.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Tonks Sun Mar 08, 2020 7:48 am

Gassygassy and Caraman,

Many thanks for your comments
Tonks
Tonks

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rgermain Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:56 am

Caraman wrote:
I take my Peugeot to Hamble Motors just off M27 J8 they have facilities for Motorhomes, might be of interest if needed, as I see you say Salisbury.
----------
Richard
rgermain
rgermain
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick duo
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Tonks Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:05 am

How have you found owning a motorhome with no dedicated fixed garage/external access? Is it substantially less practical (thinking of the likes of folded chairs, bbq’s et) or not something that specifically concerns you and you adapt?
Tonks
Tonks

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rgermain Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:14 pm

Tonks wrote:How have you found owning a motorhome with no dedicated fixed garage/external access? Is it substantially less practical (thinking of the likes of folded chairs, bbq’s et) or not something that specifically concerns you and you adapt?
Wonderful no problems so far and get places other vans cannot. Also do not have to stay on site and get out and about to see the area smile!

Dont take anti social things like bbq's and fold up chairs we strap to the rear of the passenger seat or put under the bed.
-----------
Richard
rgermain
rgermain
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick duo

Back to top Go down

Post by gassygassy Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:14 pm

The only things I would like more are a space to put fold up chairs and dirty laundry. Fold up chairs go in the shower area, held in place by a bungee cord across from one of the folding door catches to the base of the shower pipe. For dirty laundry we have been using an IKEA big blue bag held in place under the wash basin. I think if I had looked harder before buying our Nuevo I might have gone for a Broadway EB which I think would overcome these nuisances. Now of course, having bought the Nuevo it would cost me the £10,000 that a dealer always makes on a like-for-like purchase and I don't think that having somewhere to put laundry and chairs is worth £10k. I could put a bike rack and a Fiamma box on the back but I think they look naff. I hadn't thought of putting the chairs behind the front seats but I think they fit quite nicely in the shower.
Where do people store dirty laundry? Or perhaps that is another subject for a different thread>

I don't take a bbq either. If you want a bbq I don't see anything wrong with buying a cheap disposable one, which you can get at the nearest shop, you don't have to lug chunks of dirty metal around with you. That is yet another useless appendage the Nuevo has - an external BBQ gas point - but nowhere to carry a BBQ so what's the point of it? Along with an external TV point. And an internal TV point. And a TV aerial. If you find yourself at such a horrid stopping place that you are condemned to have to watch a TV, get in the driver's seat and go somewhere interesting.
An external shower point is something worth having. We had one on a Rapido and after we had gone swimming in the sea, it was lovely to be able to wash the sand off before getting inside the camper.
gassygassy
gassygassy
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:39 am

gassygassy wrote:I think if I had looked harder before buying our Nuevo I might have gone for a Broadway EB which I think would overcome these nuisances. 
...... Where do people store dirty laundry? 
The Broadway EB may have more load carrying space than the Nuevo EK but it loading margin is 157 kg less as the Maximum Permitted Laden Mass for both motorhomes is 3500 kg. 

Our dirty laundry goes into the drawer below the wardrobe.  If we get too much, it then goes into a nylon bag with a draw cord which goes in the externally accessed locker under the nearside bench seat.  

As we were downsizing from a 4 berth caravan with fixed beds we were concerned we were going to have enough storage space but we have proven that we do.  We don't bother a bbq but in the Summer we sometimes take a George Foreman for use outside which is carried in the externally accessed locker.  When under way our 30 litre water roll and when carried our chairs and front screen cover go in the shower.   We find the lockers above the bench seats and the wardrobe provide enough space for our clothes and our footwear goes in the cupboard by the habitation door.  Our two Duvalays go under the offside bench seat (for which we have moved the battery forward) and pillows in the two cubby holes above the cab seats.  We only use camping towels which live in the bathroom and take up less space and dry more quickly than cotton towels.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by raymondo Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:24 pm

The Broadway EB may have more load carrying space than the Nuevo EK but it loading margin is 157 kg less as the Maximum Permitted Laden Mass for both motorhomes is 3500 kg. 

on mine (2008 Nuevo) the MPLM is only 3300kg I have often thought of trying to get it up plated but never got around to it (I just put the wife on a diet)
raymondo
raymondo

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper : nuevo ek

Back to top Go down

Post by Askit Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:44 pm

raymondo wrote:

on mine (2008 Nuevo) the MPLM is only 3300kg I have often thought of trying to get it up plated but never got around to it (I just put the wife on a diet)

Our has the same MPLM, I also thought about getting it raised but it's not been a problem so far.

We carry a small portable BBQ (and charcoal) and use it a lot, the disposable variety never seem to burn long enough to do the job. Our Outwell chairs are the sort that fold long rather than flat and they store under the passenger side bench along with all our bedding. They side easily out of the external locker door. Our laundry is kept in a bag and stored in the big white cupboard that some unusual folk use for washing themselves  biggrin

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Neuvo EK LP

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:08 pm

Askit wrote:
Our has the same MPLM, I also thought about getting it raised but it's not been a problem so far.
I think the current Nuevo's are all plated to 3500 kg, 1850 kg front axle and 2000 kg rear axle, which makes them the same as the Broadways.  In practise I think the most I would ever reach with my Nuevo EK is about 3300 kg, broken down roughly as 1400 kg front axle and 1900 kg rear axle.  My Nuevo EK has a Mass in Running Order (MRO) of 2824 kg which breaks down as 1304 kg front axle and 1520 kg rear axle.  All the Broadways have higher MROs but I don't know what their front and real axle breakdowns are.  The critical figure is the loading margin for rear axle which is where most of the load goes.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by gassygassy Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:36 pm

raymondo wrote:

Good point about the Broadway.
How does one go about getting the Nuevo 'up plated'? My guess would be to fit stronger rear springs, but how then do you get it officially recognised and a new plate?
gassygassy
gassygassy
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Askit Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:06 pm

gassygassy wrote:
raymondo wrote:

Good point about the Broadway.
How does one go about getting the Nuevo 'up plated'? My guess would be to fit stronger rear springs, but how then do you get it officially recognised and a new plate?

Easier than you think, it's a paper exercise with a company called SvTech but there's a cost to you. Others have had it done so they might be able to tell you the actual price.

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Neuvo EK LP

Back to top Go down

Post by gassygassy Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:46 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
I'll chase that in the daylight when I can get photos of the two dataplates they want. The www doesn't say how much it is but from the sound of it, it is a paper exercise unless they want the springs changed. Then of course you would have to get new data plates but I haven't yet read whether they supply them or not, or indeed if they handle getting a new V5 from DVLA. All these things will cost, but I guess not as much as getting caught overweight.

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:52 pm

rgermain wrote:

I take my Peugeot to Hamble Motors just off M27 J8 they have facilities for Motorhomes, might be of interest if needed, as I see you say Salisbury.
----------
Richard
Thanks.  I have that one on my list but its closer or quicker for me to go to Fussell Wadman Devizes or Snows Basingstoke - I've done both.  Peugeot Romsey, Winchester and Newbury (closest to Marquis Chieveley who sold me the Nuevo) don't take motorhomes or Boxers.  I didn't discover this until after we bought the Nuevo but it probably wouldn't have made any difference because I didn't anticipate having warranty problems but I've had two so far and a third in the planning to have the TPMS adjusted.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Back to top Go down