The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Motorhoming with a recently replaced hip?

+9
rose49f
Molly3
Beetee
rgermain
harrysp
nuevoboy
HJA
Suppersready
Doonhamer5
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Motorhoming with a recently replaced hip? - Page 2 Empty Re: Motorhoming with a recently replaced hip?

Post by Doonhamer5 Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:30 pm

Hi gassygassy - yes maybe a theory?!

We haven't had to deal with this problem. The Malvern is a Mercedes automatic and fairly - currently OK - not too bad for tax. I am worried about where this is going and holidaying in the longer term.
Anyway, the Malvern has a moveable table and so not really any issues within the interior.

Are we thinking that motorhoming shuts down? No further diesel engines? Maybe it's all for the best.
Doonhamer5
Doonhamer5
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Malvern
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Motorhoming with a recently replaced hip? - Page 2 Empty Re: Motorhoming with a recently replaced hip?

Post by gassygassy Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:27 pm

I wonder what happened to the campervan which was based on a Nissan Electric NV200 van? There was one at a show about three years ago and I've never read anything about it since, and I haven't seen any adverts for it either. I bet it has a 12 mile range - can you hop from one EHU camp site to another within 12 miles? I used to have a Nissan Leaf, that was only a car, and in the winter the range on a full charge was 35 miles. Then it took 8 hours to recharge from the mains. What hope is there of having an electric motorhome?
And where are we going to get all the electric that will be needed to run all these electric cars we are supposed to be buying?
I had better stop before this is too way off topic - I could go on all day about how rubbish electric cars are.
Mercedes? I have a 1992 Mercedes diesel 190. It's fabulously well built and unfortunately I believe that all Mercs after 1993 are considerably less well engineered than those before. The Sprinters rusted to bits. The A/S Mercs are all BIG - are they not? As well as being expensive of course. I must admit though if I did own one, I would have a lovely warm feeling driving it along.
. . . . now of course I have to go looking to see what used Malverns sell for . . . . . snigger . . . if it is over 6.5 metres I can't fit it on my drive.

Hmmm. There is a 5.7 metre Sprinter on ebay but the advert looks a bit suspicious. Whoever wrote it can't spell nor can they take adequate pictures and the sellers name seems to be a dealer but the description says it's my personal camper. I don't think a dealer would do such a rubbish job of placing an advert.
Other than that it makes me wish I had got more familiar with available A/S campers before I bought mine. Having said that, it had 1,800 miles on it so it was exactly like new so we fell for it.
gassygassy
gassygassy
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Bourton
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by PLOUGHLIN Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:42 pm

AS Merc Stanton is <6m.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 54
Auto-Sleeper : MB Gloucester
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Post by modelman Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:00 am

There are several electric motorhome reviews on YouTube.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : Amethyst
Vehicle Year : 2003

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2