The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

saga sixties!

4 posters

Go down

saga sixties! Empty saga sixties!

Post by kaspian Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:46 pm

Called my insurer Sago today to inform them of impending van swap and happened to mention my retirement....Oh says the rep at Saga ...that will be £8 extra as you now have more free time to use the van! Ah! says I but I will still be limited to my 3000 miles annual allowance so not going to use the van any differently .... No does not matter they replied . Hardly breaks the bank but is this what I have to look forward to ?  Discrimination  , ageism and dreaded  trips to the garden centre being bombarded by the Stannah stairlift / electric buggy/ hearing aid  and incontinence pants salesmen ?  Is this what I have to look forward to in retirement?  Kill me now..... hugegrins
kaspian

Male

Member Age : 64
Auto-Sleeper : WARWICK XL
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

saga sixties! Empty Re: saga sixties!

Post by bikeralw Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:11 pm

When I was approaching 65 I was beginning to be bombarded with ads for all the things you mention. I went back into my Facebook account and knocked 10 years off my age (apparently you can do this only once). It worked, but now all the ads are activity based, so you can't win..
Not sure it's a good idea to lie to your insurance though...
Al.
bikeralw
bikeralw
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2004

Back to top Go down

Post by Flash Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:35 pm

I once enquired about something from Saga & have been regularly bombarded with junk mail from them ever since. Must have cost them a fortune in postage & they've all gone in the recycling unopened. Suppose it keeps my post lady in work.
Flash
Flash

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by rgermain Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:54 pm

Flash wrote:I once enquired about something from Saga & have been regularly bombarded with junk mail from them ever since. Must have cost them a fortune in postage & they've all gone in the recycling unopened. Suppose it keeps my post lady in work.
Just ring and ask to be taken off the mailing list, I did and to my surprise it worked, none since, when asked why, I said if you look at my account you will see I have a Motorhome, so not at all interested in a cruise.
------------
Richard
rgermain
rgermain
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick duo
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down