The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bourton, VuQube Satellite.

+3
Peter Brown
Suppersready
ourannie
7 posters

Go down

firestick - Bourton, VuQube Satellite.  Empty Bourton, VuQube Satellite.

Post by ourannie Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:28 pm

Can anybody give me a little advise on which satellite to get for our 2019 Bourton, must admit I do like the look of the VuQube, has anybody had one fitted and if so in which position on the roof  has it been mounted, what do you think of it both the good and bad points
I am open to other models if there are any suggestions but please tell me again the good and bad points.
This is all because the TV reception is hit and miss because of the air con unit being so close, on saying that we have just got back from the site at Keswick and always had poor reception in the Winchcombe  ,it was perfect in the Bourton , but this is  not always the case
ourannie
ourannie

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Bourton
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

firestick - Bourton, VuQube Satellite.  Empty Re: Bourton, VuQube Satellite.

Post by Suppersready Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:56 pm

I have the cube II ... came fitted when we purchased our motorhome. Can’t fault it at all, however the size of the dish would probably mean you wouldn’t get a lot of reception much into Europe but I’m no expert.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 61
Auto-Sleeper : Corinium FB
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:15 am

i would be concerned about theft if used on the ground....on the roof it looks a carbuncle and adds height to the vehicle, not a good thing for ferries and continental tolls.
couldnt find the 'dish size' but it bust be pretty small and BBC/ITV reception in Europe would be poor....perhaps into Brittany...
most advice suggests getting the largest dish possible (bit like solar panels) but if space is at a premium then have a look at a Snipe.
we had a predecessor to the current model and it did a pretty good job well down to La Rochelle.
we now have an 85cm Teleco which works well down to the Med.
obviously, roof space, cost, locations used and TV requirement all factor in tne decision.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Suppersready Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:11 am

Increases the maximum height of our Corinium to just under 10ft.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 61

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:39 am

A friend has a 2017 Bourton which came with the VuQube II. After an initial problem with ingress of water its is fine on Astra 2 in northern France, southern Germany area and on Astra 1 elsewhere. It does add a bit of height but is totally wind resistant, unlike the conventional dishes that had to be dropped in a high wind.

I have a manually operated Crank up Plus, not available any more but the same antennae iv now available on a Snipe auto-base, excellent reception low and pretty wind resistant.

All satellite systems are vulnerable to losing line of site of satellite with trees etc so having a terrestrial aerial as well is useful. The Avtex TV's can access multiple sound channels and many European broadcasters also transmit an English sound track with films and UK/US programming. The only problem I've had with reception at Keswick is too strong a signal as the Transmitter is on the edge of town.

After this summers trial, my satellite system could be largely redundant as I have installed Motorhome 4G wifi with an external aerial and an Amazon Firestick with all UK broadcasters hub apps and expectations are UK programs should be available just about anywhere. I will still need the dish to get free access to RTL for F1 coverage.
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

firestick - Bourton, VuQube Satellite.  Empty Re: Vucube Satellite

Post by marconi Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:45 am

We have the VuCube on our Nuevo. Performance is excellent. It's  mounted mid rear roof.
Coverage is as the footprint of the satellites right down as far South in Spain as you can get. Of course don't  expect Astra 2F 28.2 any lower than Northern / Mid France, it performs as the footprint. We don't have a Sky receiver for Astra2 South beam, so channels are limited. Astra1 19.2 performance covers Southern Spain greater than the footprint, Euro channels, Sky News and other English language news plus Euro sport and Sky sport.
marconi
marconi

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:42 am

Suppersready wrote:Increases the maximum height of our Corinium to just under 10ft.
hence my comment re: tolls.....being over 3m...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Libraryman2 Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:34 am

Always a glass half full...lol.
I’m in southern Spain with my carbuncle....it’s good enough to get sky news etc...mine came fitted and to be fair I’ve no complaints...I watched tv last night but all the big dishes were forced to stay down because of wind!
everything is a compromise, you just do as much research as you can and take on board all the pros ...and cons!

Ray
Libraryman2
Libraryman2

Male

Back to top Go down

firestick - Bourton, VuQube Satellite.  Empty TV reception Bourton

Post by Snowy Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:54 am

ourannie wrote:Can anybody give me a little advise on which satellite to get for our 2019 Bourton, must admit I do like the look of the VuQube, has anybody had one fitted and if so in which position on the roof  has it been mounted, what do you think of it both the good and bad points
I am open to other models if there are any suggestions but please tell me again the good and bad points.
This is all because the TV reception is hit and miss because of the air con unit being so close, on saying that we have just got back from the site at Keswick and always had poor reception in the Winchcombe  ,it was perfect in the Bourton , but this is  not always the case
We have a Bourton 2019 with the very same problems. What we did to overcome the problem of poor tv reception was to replace the Max View aerial with a Milenco (full details on request) which gives a much better reception. We also installed a WiFi aerial with a link with the tv (as yet not had to use it). This is at a much less cost of installing a satellite dish which is not easy on the Bourton due to lack of roof space if like us you have A/C.
allthumbz
Snowy
Snowy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by paul bullock Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:47 pm

Hi, weve got a Vuqube 2, not fitted on roof , just place it outside facing south avoiding trees etc, its got a built in alarm if its disconnected .We find it easy to use,was a godsend when we did the Wild Atlantic Way in ROI  2 yrs ago they have no digital TV to speak of! We had a manual dish previously and the Vuqube is 100% improvement!  Kind regards   Paul up!
paul bullock
paul bullock
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : nuevo ek 2012

Back to top Go down

Post by ourannie Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:07 pm

Snowy wrote:
ourannie wrote:Can anybody give me a little advise on which satellite to get for our 2019 Bourton, must admit I do like the look of the VuQube, has anybody had one fitted and if so in which position on the roof  has it been mounted, what do you think of it both the good and bad points
We have a Bourton 2019 with the very same problems. What we did to overcome the problem of poor tv reception was to replace the Max View aerial with a Milenco (full details on request) which gives a much better reception. We also installed a WiFi aerial with a link with the tv (as yet not had to use it). This is at a much less cost of installing a satellite dish which is not easy on the Bourton due to lack of roof space if like us you have A/C.
allthumbz
That is a brilliant idea, can you adjust the height of the Milenco aerial and is the post the same in diameter as the Max View.Did you replace it yourself or have it done, just thinking about getting the 'other half' who is quite capable to have a think about doing it. If you don't mind would you let me know the details of the aerial you have used. Thanks
ourannie
ourannie

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:20 pm

This thread started about satellite but if you want the best possible terrestrial tv reception on your 2019 van, I recommend a status directional| 2 plane aerial with a status amplifier connected direct to the tv an NOT using the preinstalled tv wiring.
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:16 am

Libraryman2 wrote:Always a glass half full...lol.
I’m in southern Spain with my carbuncle....it’s good enough to get sky news etc...mine came fitted and to be fair I’ve no complaints...I watched tv last night but all the big dishes were forced to stay down because of wind!
everything is a compromise, you just do as much research as you can and take on board all the pros ...and cons!

Ray
there are a number of non premium channels (like sky news) on the Astra 2 Pan Euro beam which can be picked up on quite small dishes all over Spain etc...and if you're a Sky subscriber, the Premium Sports/Movies channels will also be available on that small dish.
no dpubt, if ypu can get it to point to Intelsat 907 and you have an Icecrypt box ypu can get BBC from their back up link....
however, size matters when trying to pull in the Beeb etc from La Rochelle south...
as you say, it depends what tv youre wanting to access...
there are always ways but it often requires extra kit/cost to enjoy our UK TV elsewhere.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowy Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:44 pm

ourannie wrote:
Snowy wrote:
allthumbz
That is a brilliant idea, can you adjust the height of the Milenco aerial and is the post the same in diameter as the Max View.Did you replace it yourself or have it done, just thinking about getting the 'other half' who is quite capable to have a think about doing it. If you don't mind would you let me know the details of the aerial you have used. Thanks
I apologise for the delay in replying.The Milenco is a Power 900L Omnidirection 360 TV Aerial. It has twice the db gain 38 as apposed to the Max View at 19db. It is higher with a lot wider receiver. It would be positioned in place of the Max View and it has it's own booster. We did not fit it ourselves but see no reason why it could not be done diy.  allthumbz
Snowy
Snowy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ourannie Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:35 pm

Snowy wrote:
ourannie wrote:
Snowy wrote:
allthumbz
I apologise for the delay in replying.The Milenco is a Power 900L Omnidirection 360 TV Aerial. It has twice the db gain 38 as apposed to the Max View at 19db. It is higher with a lot wider receiver. It would be positioned in place of the Max View and it has it's own booster. We did not fit it ourselves but see no reason why it could not be done diy.  allthumbz
Thanks for getting back to us, the info is very useful and will be having a look into the possibility of getting it done  locally
ourannie
ourannie

Female

Back to top Go down