The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bourton, VuQube Satellite.

Go down

Bourton, VuQube Satellite.  Empty Bourton, VuQube Satellite.

Post by ourannie on Sat 18 Jan 2020 - 18:28

Can anybody give me a little advise on which satellite to get for our 2019 Bourton, must admit I do like the look of the VuQube, has anybody had one fitted and if so in which position on the roof  has it been mounted, what do you think of it both the good and bad points
I am open to other models if there are any suggestions but please tell me again the good and bad points.
This is all because the TV reception is hit and miss because of the air con unit being so close, on saying that we have just got back from the site at Keswick and always had poor reception in the Winchcombe  ,it was perfect in the Bourton , but this is  not always the case
ourannie
ourannie
Member
Member

Female

Posts : 26
Joined : 2019-04-20
Location : west lancashire
Auto-Sleeper : Bourton
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Bourton, VuQube Satellite.  Empty Re: Bourton, VuQube Satellite.

Post by Suppersready on Sat 18 Jan 2020 - 23:56

I have the cube II ... came fitted when we purchased our motorhome. Can’t fault it at all, however the size of the dish would probably mean you wouldn’t get a lot of reception much into Europe but I’m no expert.

_________________
Wine is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy ..
Suppersready
Suppersready
Member
Member

Male

Posts : 346
Joined : 2017-02-12
Member Age : 58
Location : Worcestershire
Auto-Sleeper : Corinium FB
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Bourton, VuQube Satellite.  Empty Re: Bourton, VuQube Satellite.

Post by bolero boy on Sun 19 Jan 2020 - 8:15

i would be concerned about theft if used on the ground....on the roof it looks a carbuncle and adds height to the vehicle, not a good thing for ferries and continental tolls.
couldnt find the 'dish size' but it bust be pretty small and BBC/ITV reception in Europe would be poor....perhaps into Brittany...
most advice suggests getting the largest dish possible (bit like solar panels) but if space is at a premium then have a look at a Snipe.
we had a predecessor to the current model and it did a pretty good job well down to La Rochelle.
we now have an 85cm Teleco which works well down to the Med.
obviously, roof space, cost, locations used and TV requirement all factor in tne decision.

_________________
Chris.
Carthago c-compactline i138
bolero boy
bolero boy
Member
Member

Male

Posts : 1031
Joined : 2017-10-28
Location : somerset
Auto-Sleeper : Carthago Compactline
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Bourton, VuQube Satellite.  Empty Re: Bourton, VuQube Satellite.

Post by Suppersready on Sun 19 Jan 2020 - 11:11

Increases the maximum height of our Corinium to just under 10ft.

_________________
Wine is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy ..
Suppersready
Suppersready
Member
Member

Male

Posts : 346
Joined : 2017-02-12
Member Age : 58
Location : Worcestershire
Auto-Sleeper : Corinium FB
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Bourton, VuQube Satellite.  Empty Re: Bourton, VuQube Satellite.

Post by Peter Brown on Sun 19 Jan 2020 - 11:39

A friend has a 2017 Bourton which came with the VuQube II. After an initial problem with ingress of water its is fine on Astra 2 in northern France, southern Germany area and on Astra 1 elsewhere. It does add a bit of height but is totally wind resistant, unlike the conventional dishes that had to be dropped in a high wind.

I have a manually operated Crank up Plus, not available any more but the same antennae iv now available on a Snipe auto-base, excellent reception low and pretty wind resistant.

All satellite systems are vulnerable to losing line of site of satellite with trees etc so having a terrestrial aerial as well is useful. The Avtex TV's can access multiple sound channels and many European broadcasters also transmit an English sound track with films and UK/US programming. The only problem I've had with reception at Keswick is too strong a signal as the Transmitter is on the edge of town.

After this summers trial, my satellite system could be largely redundant as I have installed Motorhome 4G wifi with an external aerial and an Amazon Firestick with all UK broadcasters hub apps and expectations are UK programs should be available just about anywhere. I will still need the dish to get free access to RTL for F1 coverage.
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Member
Member

Male

Posts : 6092
Joined : 2012-11-10
Member Age : 68
Location : Staffs
Auto-Sleeper : Malvern
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Bourton, VuQube Satellite.  Empty Re: Vucube Satellite

Post by marconi on Sun 19 Jan 2020 - 11:45

We have the VuCube on our Nuevo. Performance is excellent. It's  mounted mid rear roof.
Coverage is as the footprint of the satellites right down as far South in Spain as you can get. Of course don't  expect Astra 2F 28.2 any lower than Northern / Mid France, it performs as the footprint. We don't have a Sky receiver for Astra2 South beam, so channels are limited. Astra1 19.2 performance covers Southern Spain greater than the footprint, Euro channels, Sky News and other English language news plus Euro sport and Sky sport.
marconi
marconi
Member
Member

Male

Posts : 565
Joined : 2019-03-17
Location : Northamptonshire
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Bourton, VuQube Satellite.  Empty Re: Bourton, VuQube Satellite.

Post by bolero boy on Mon 20 Jan 2020 - 7:42

Suppersready wrote:Increases the maximum height of our Corinium to just under 10ft.
hence my comment re: tolls.....being over 3m...

_________________
Chris.
Carthago c-compactline i138
bolero boy
bolero boy
Member
Member

Male

Posts : 1031
Joined : 2017-10-28
Location : somerset
Auto-Sleeper : Carthago Compactline
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Bourton, VuQube Satellite.  Empty Re: Bourton, VuQube Satellite.

Post by Libraryman2 on Mon 20 Jan 2020 - 9:34

Always a glass half full...lol.
I’m in southern Spain with my carbuncle....it’s good enough to get sky news etc...mine came fitted and to be fair I’ve no complaints...I watched tv last night but all the big dishes were forced to stay down because of wind!
everything is a compromise, you just do as much research as you can and take on board all the pros ...and cons!

Ray
Libraryman2
Libraryman2
Member
Member

Male

Posts : 783
Joined : 2016-03-03
Member Age : 67
Location : Blythe Bridge Staffordshire
Auto-Sleeper : Corinium FB
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Bourton, VuQube Satellite.  Empty TV reception Bourton

Post by Snowy on Mon 20 Jan 2020 - 10:54

ourannie wrote:Can anybody give me a little advise on which satellite to get for our 2019 Bourton, must admit I do like the look of the VuQube, has anybody had one fitted and if so in which position on the roof  has it been mounted, what do you think of it both the good and bad points
I am open to other models if there are any suggestions but please tell me again the good and bad points.
This is all because the TV reception is hit and miss because of the air con unit being so close, on saying that we have just got back from the site at Keswick and always had poor reception in the Winchcombe  ,it was perfect in the Bourton , but this is  not always the case
We have a Bourton 2019 with the very same problems. What we did to overcome the problem of poor tv reception was to replace the Max View aerial with a Milenco (full details on request) which gives a much better reception. We also installed a WiFi aerial with a link with the tv (as yet not had to use it). This is at a much less cost of installing a satellite dish which is not easy on the Bourton due to lack of roof space if like us you have A/C.
allthumbz
Snowy
Snowy
Member
Member

Male

Posts : 48
Joined : 2019-10-05
Location : Derbyshire
Auto-Sleeper : Bourton
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Bourton, VuQube Satellite.  Empty Re: Bourton, VuQube Satellite.

Post by paul bullock on Mon 20 Jan 2020 - 12:47

Hi, weve got a Vuqube 2, not fitted on roof , just place it outside facing south avoiding trees etc, its got a built in alarm if its disconnected .We find it easy to use,was a godsend when we did the Wild Atlantic Way in ROI  2 yrs ago they have no digital TV to speak of! We had a manual dish previously and the Vuqube is 100% improvement!  Kind regards   Paul up!
paul bullock
paul bullock
Donator
Donator

Male

Posts : 426
Joined : 2013-01-09
Member Age : 69
Location : south west, cornwall
Auto-Sleeper : nuevo ek 2012

Back to top Go down

Bourton, VuQube Satellite.  Empty Re: Bourton, VuQube Satellite.

Post by ourannie on Mon 20 Jan 2020 - 20:07

Snowy wrote:
ourannie wrote:Can anybody give me a little advise on which satellite to get for our 2019 Bourton, must admit I do like the look of the VuQube, has anybody had one fitted and if so in which position on the roof  has it been mounted, what do you think of it both the good and bad points
I am open to other models if there are any suggestions but please tell me again the good and bad points.
This is all because the TV reception is hit and miss because of the air con unit being so close, on saying that we have just got back from the site at Keswick and always had poor reception in the Winchcombe  ,it was perfect in the Bourton , but this is  not always the case
We have a Bourton 2019 with the very same problems. What we did to overcome the problem of poor tv reception was to replace the Max View aerial with a Milenco (full details on request) which gives a much better reception. We also installed a WiFi aerial with a link with the tv (as yet not had to use it). This is at a much less cost of installing a satellite dish which is not easy on the Bourton due to lack of roof space if like us you have A/C.
allthumbz
That is a brilliant idea, can you adjust the height of the Milenco aerial and is the post the same in diameter as the Max View.Did you replace it yourself or have it done, just thinking about getting the 'other half' who is quite capable to have a think about doing it. If you don't mind would you let me know the details of the aerial you have used. Thanks
ourannie
ourannie
Member
Member

Female

Posts : 26
Joined : 2019-04-20
Location : west lancashire
Auto-Sleeper : Bourton
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Bourton, VuQube Satellite.  Empty Re: Bourton, VuQube Satellite.

Post by Peter Brown on Mon 20 Jan 2020 - 22:20

This thread started about satellite but if you want the best possible terrestrial tv reception on your 2019 van, I recommend a status directional| 2 plane aerial with a status amplifier connected direct to the tv an NOT using the preinstalled tv wiring.
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Member
Member

Male

Posts : 6092
Joined : 2012-11-10
Member Age : 68
Location : Staffs
Auto-Sleeper : Malvern
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Bourton, VuQube Satellite.  Empty Re: Bourton, VuQube Satellite.

Post by bolero boy on Tue 21 Jan 2020 - 9:16

Libraryman2 wrote:Always a glass half full...lol.
I’m in southern Spain with my carbuncle....it’s good enough to get sky news etc...mine came fitted and to be fair I’ve no complaints...I watched tv last night but all the big dishes were forced to stay down because of wind!
everything is a compromise, you just do as much research as you can and take on board all the pros ...and cons!

Ray
there are a number of non premium channels (like sky news) on the Astra 2 Pan Euro beam which can be picked up on quite small dishes all over Spain etc...and if you're a Sky subscriber, the Premium Sports/Movies channels will also be available on that small dish.
no dpubt, if ypu can get it to point to Intelsat 907 and you have an Icecrypt box ypu can get BBC from their back up link....
however, size matters when trying to pull in the Beeb etc from La Rochelle south...
as you say, it depends what tv youre wanting to access...
there are always ways but it often requires extra kit/cost to enjoy our UK TV elsewhere.

_________________
Chris.
Carthago c-compactline i138
bolero boy
bolero boy
Member
Member

Male

Posts : 1031
Joined : 2017-10-28
Location : somerset
Auto-Sleeper : Carthago Compactline
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Bourton, VuQube Satellite.  Empty Re: Bourton, VuQube Satellite.

Post by Snowy on Sun 2 Feb 2020 - 14:44

ourannie wrote:
Snowy wrote:
ourannie wrote:Can anybody give me a little advise on which satellite to get for our 2019 Bourton, must admit I do like the look of the VuQube, has anybody had one fitted and if so in which position on the roof  has it been mounted, what do you think of it both the good and bad points
I am open to other models if there are any suggestions but please tell me again the good and bad points.
This is all because the TV reception is hit and miss because of the air con unit being so close, on saying that we have just got back from the site at Keswick and always had poor reception in the Winchcombe  ,it was perfect in the Bourton , but this is  not always the case
We have a Bourton 2019 with the very same problems. What we did to overcome the problem of poor tv reception was to replace the Max View aerial with a Milenco (full details on request) which gives a much better reception. We also installed a WiFi aerial with a link with the tv (as yet not had to use it). This is at a much less cost of installing a satellite dish which is not easy on the Bourton due to lack of roof space if like us you have A/C.
allthumbz
That is a brilliant idea, can you adjust the height of the Milenco aerial and is the post the same in diameter as the Max View.Did you replace it yourself or have it done, just thinking about getting the 'other half' who is quite capable to have a think about doing it. If you don't mind would you let me know the details of the aerial you have used. Thanks
I apologise for the delay in replying.The Milenco is a Power 900L Omnidirection 360 TV Aerial. It has twice the db gain 38 as apposed to the Max View at 19db. It is higher with a lot wider receiver. It would be positioned in place of the Max View and it has it's own booster. We did not fit it ourselves but see no reason why it could not be done diy.  allthumbz
Snowy
Snowy
Member
Member

Male

Posts : 48
Joined : 2019-10-05
Location : Derbyshire
Auto-Sleeper : Bourton
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Bourton, VuQube Satellite.  Empty Re: Bourton, VuQube Satellite.

Post by ourannie on Sun 2 Feb 2020 - 17:35

Snowy wrote:
ourannie wrote:
Snowy wrote:
We have a Bourton 2019 with the very same problems. What we did to overcome the problem of poor tv reception was to replace the Max View aerial with a Milenco (full details on request) which gives a much better reception. We also installed a WiFi aerial with a link with the tv (as yet not had to use it). This is at a much less cost of installing a satellite dish which is not easy on the Bourton due to lack of roof space if like us you have A/C.
allthumbz
That is a brilliant idea, can you adjust the height of the Milenco aerial and is the post the same in diameter as the Max View.Did you replace it yourself or have it done, just thinking about getting the 'other half' who is quite capable to have a think about doing it. If you don't mind would you let me know the details of the aerial you have used. Thanks
I apologise for the delay in replying.The Milenco is a Power 900L Omnidirection 360 TV Aerial. It has twice the db gain 38 as apposed to the Max View at 19db. It is higher with a lot wider receiver. It would be positioned in place of the Max View and it has it's own booster. We did not fit it ourselves but see no reason why it could not be done diy.  allthumbz
Thanks for getting back to us, the info is very useful and will be having a look into the possibility of getting it done  locally
ourannie
ourannie
Member
Member

Female

Posts : 26
Joined : 2019-04-20
Location : west lancashire
Auto-Sleeper : Bourton
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum