2014 Kemerton for sale

Go down

2014 Kemerton for sale Empty 2014 Kemerton for sale

Post by kaspian on Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:51 am

Offering our 2014 golden white  Peugeot Kemerton for sale to forum members. This must be one of the best looked after vans available having travelled only 17,700 miles ( summer use only) Never seen winter roads! All known Autosleeper ' foibles ' ironed out so expect reliable whale heating minimum rattles , water systems that work , and  no battery drain down even if left months at a time! 
      Van has luxury pack including cab Aircon , cruise control ,reversing camera with remote control , also has winter pack with tank heaters etc for all year round use if required. This van has been meticulously maintained and has been fully wax injected with underside also recoated yearly.
       Two berth with 3 travel seats and a full luxurious washroom across the rear with separate fully lined shower. ( Unused as we used camp facilities!) Numerous extras including Avtex TV in its own compartment , bike rack and towbar installed just a few months ago. Interior condition unmarked and truly as new even retaining that new van smell. Interior benefits from being the newer light wood finish  with mocca cloth trim giving a very open light spacious  feel when seated in lounge in a sub 6 meter van.
        selling due to partners health issues requiring a different layout if we are to continue motorhoming . Asking what we are  receiving in trade in for new van as I would rather sell the van  to someone without dealer easily pocketing upwards of £5k. Paperwork already signed on replacement so time limited offer only of £35k to serious buyer. Identical vans selling currently around £40k . Interested buyers don't hesitate to  PM me for any details and pictures of anything specific on request as my  tablet died a few days ago and currently struggling with  a small ancient  phone screen....
kaspian

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper : kemerton
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

2014 Kemerton for sale Empty Re: 2014 Kemerton for sale

Post by Kemerton-bath on Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:21 pm

Wow Kaspian, that’s an excellent proposition and price.  From your many contributions on here I can well imagine how immaculate the van is without even seeing it.  We find the Kemerton layout to be ideal for us, and are relieved not to be facing the issues that 2019 van owners are grappling with.

As a fellow Kemerton owner I’ve found your input really helpful and wish you good fortune with your replacement van.  Intrigued to know what you’ve chosen but that’s your business and I’m not prying!

All the best, I hope you stay on the forum.

Tim

1996 - Autosleeper Symphony   2010 - Autosleeper Symbol    2018 - Autosleeper Kemerton
Kemerton-bath
Kemerton-bath
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 60
Auto-Sleeper : Kemerton
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by kaspian on Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:38 am

Hi Tim , I will reveal all so to speak if the new van passes muster on final handover.  As you say it is a very  good price as dealers still asking £5k more for lesser vans. It just annoys  me that a dealer will take our van, do nothing but place it on their forecourt and add upwards of £5k with some dubious warranty !  
    We are in 2   minds as we have reliable Whale heating for both water and cabin and an electric system that can be left for months without batteries being drained unlike newer vans !  Unfortunately due to health\ mobility  issues ( total loss of balance due to inoperable  inner ear issues) we need to look for a van with restricted access ie narrow gangway rather than the large open plan living  area in the Kemerton. This allows something to lean against\ arrest a fall.....  Not ideal as we love the Kemerton floorplan as opposed to restrictive narrow gangway rear lounge designs.
      The clock is ticking closer to handover day so limited time offer , I understand dealers must pay staff etc but making upwards of 5k on our van and a known  7k  on our prospective purchase for so little 'work ' sticks in the throat of an ordinary working man !  A warranty can be purchased by prospective owners cheaply if required rather than take a worthless return to base warranty some dealers offer.   From viewing numerous vans it seems dealers don't even want to do a basic  clean on  a van before offering for sale as several disgusting examples testified!
    Will keep you updated!
kaspian

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dbvwt on Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:50 am

”From viewing numerous vans it seems dealers don't even want to do a basic  clean on  a van before offering for sale as several disgusting examples testified!“

This was indeed actual policy from a couple of well known large dealers I visited while looking for my van.
“We clean them when they are sold” I was told. How it would have sold with skid marks still in the toilet I don’t know!!

Good luck with the sale/new van kaspian.
Dbvwt
Dbvwt

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by MelB on Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:14 am

Hi Kaspian. Sorry to hear you are selling your Kemerton. I have the same van and have relied on your expertise, relating to the van, for some years now. So will miss those contributions, specific to the Kemerton. From reading your previous posts I am fully aware that you have more than cared for your MH and your offer of sale is a bargain to anyone who is genuinely interested in an excellently built MH. Good luck with the sale and will continue to follow with interest your future posts.
MelB
MelB
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : KEMERTON

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby on Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:58 pm

Chap down the road has an 18 reg Kemberton (none member yet) and loves it, has had some minor issues with it, has been all over Europe without any problems.
Sorry to read your giving up your van, are you purchasing another none A/S van, have you sold your wee car and trailer?
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by kaspian on Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:19 pm

Dbvwt wrote:”From viewing numerous vans it seems dealers don't even want to do a basic  clean on  a van before offering for sale as several disgusting examples testified!“

This was indeed actual policy from a couple of well known large dealers I visited while looking for my van.
“We clean them when they are sold” I was told. How it would have sold with skid marks still in the toilet I don’t know!!

Good luck with the sale/new van kaspian.
  yes, viewed one van at a dealer and smell on opening the toilet door was disgusting as someone had not emptied the cassette and they had had the van for over a year!
kaspian

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kemerton-bath on Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:25 pm

That's appalling, thankfully not within our experience but I did insist on Nick Whale fitting a Thetford Freshen-up kit (new cassette + new seat/lid) as part of the deal we did with them on our Kemerton.  There was no obvious issue with the original, I just felt it was a no-brainer to start with a clean sheet as it were.  

If only it was standard practice for all pre-owned van sales! 

Tim

1996 - Autosleeper Symphony   2010 - Autosleeper Symbol    2018 - Autosleeper Kemerton
Kemerton-bath
Kemerton-bath
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 60
Auto-Sleeper : Kemerton
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum