The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which van.

+5
Tinwheeler
Knick-Knack
burlingtonboaby
Paulmold
Kernowdel
9 posters

Go down

Which van.  Empty Which van.

Post by Kernowdel Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:08 pm

Hello. 
I have been looking at coachbuilt motor homes for a while now.  My self and my wife have decided we want a Auto sleeper Nuevo. 
I want to spend about 22k but would happily spend up to 30k for the right vehicle. 
So I need to know. Fiat or Peugeot. 
Also what models are the best. Also what to look out for when buying. 
Thank you all in anticipation.
Kernowdel
Kernowdel

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Not got one yet. Sti
Vehicle Year : ####

Back to top Go down

Which van.  Empty Re: Which van.

Post by Paulmold Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:15 pm

Fiats are only used when auto gearbox required, otherwise they are always Peugeot.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:27 am

Kernowdel wrote:Hello. 
I have been looking at coachbuilt motor homes for a while now.  My self and my wife have decided we want a Auto sleeper Nuevo. 
I want to spend about 22k but would happily spend up to 30k for the right vehicle. 
Hi
Happy New year, welcome to the forum from misty Bridlington.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by Knick-Knack Wed Jan 01, 2020 12:12 pm

We have had our Nuevo for four years now, and we love it.

With apologies for any errors, inconsistencies, or anything you already know:

You will probably be looking at one around the same age as ours (2009).  Anything earlier than mid-2006 is an earlier model of base van, which we deliberately avoided.

There are three different Nuevos.  A four berth, which has a different internal layout and a more level roof.  One which I think they call Nuevo II, which has the lowest profile front, a "bolt-on" awning, and a washroom with a small window.  The third (the most common, which we have) has a slightly higher front profile, a flush-fitted awning, and a windowless washroom with a basin which swivels to form the shower.

We find the mid-profile front good because it gives plenty over over-cab storage, which we use for bedding and silver screens.

The washroom is adequate, but you need to do a bit of rearranging to use the shower.  We have had several issues with the small side-screen rattling loose, but this is not a major issue.

Some vans have what I think they gloriously call a cocktail cabinet over the fridge.  This sometimes has a pair of doors which can only be opened if the over-fridge work surface is clear.  We use this work surface a lot and therefore made sure we got one with a crinkly roller instead of hinged doors.  Not quite so fancy-looking, but a lot more practical.

There are some upholstery designs which we found rather severe, but that is a matter of personal preference.

Some will have cab aircon. Ours doesn't.

Our fresh water tank sensor has packed in, and nobody knows how to fix it, so make sure it works before you buy.  Oh yes, and if you particularly want a light in the fridge (when you open the door) make sure that works too- replacement bulbs are about £25 (yes, that's twenty-five) which must be a contender for the most over-priced replacement part.

We get about 32mpg (according to the dashboard display) and we squeeze into a supermarket car space (more or less).

The only possible downside is that if you want separate single beds you have to swivel the front seats, and deal with the uneven levels.

Enjoy.
Knick-Knack
Knick-Knack

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2009

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinwheeler Wed Jan 01, 2020 1:00 pm

Kernowdel wrote:Hello. 

Have you checked out Eden Motorhomes at Scorrier, Kernowdel? It's owned by a former Marquis manager so he knows AS models and often has a few on the forecourt. I can’t pass judgement on the company as I’ve not had dealings under the current ownership but it could be worth a look.
Tinwheeler
Tinwheeler
Donator
Donator

Male

Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by Richard G Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:28 pm

We have a 2015 Nuevo ES with high front roof which I really like as its a big double berth up there and good storage for bedding etc.

Started with a 2009 Nuevo like you are looking for but after 6 months ownership decided it was past its best, found the later one so much better but also a lot more money. I think perhaps you should consider a later model if you can push your budget.
Our van does 27 mpg , bit disappointing but with the high Luton roof maybe that's the price you pay. The Luton top on newer one is slightly higher which is better for access to bunk.

We have gas/electric ducted warm air heating which is excellent and we have been away over new year and been very comfortable, and hot water for shower etc. It has on board gas tank which I thought a benefit but not really as not many places to fill it up, and the guage tells me its empty when its only takes 5 ltrs to fill, tank capacity is 25 ltrs.

My old one is for sale at a dealers nearby around your budget but I don't recommend buying it, although perhaps many 10 yr old vans have things not so good.
Richard G
Richard G

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL
Vehicle Year : 2021

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:42 pm

Kernowdel hasn't visited the forum since posting the question, why do people do that?

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by rgermain Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:32 pm

Paulmold wrote:Kernowdel hasn't visited the forum since posting the question, why do people do that?
Maybe his busy rushing about looking at vans hugegrins hugegrins hugegrins hugegrins

Yes I do wonder, especially after members offer help.
----------------
Richard
rgermain
rgermain
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick duo
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by JohnnyT Sat Jan 04, 2020 3:32 pm

Illness perhaps?
JohnnyT
JohnnyT
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 58
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EK
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Post by gassygassy Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:07 pm

I think we may want to sell ours but it would be £37k so too much anyway. (2015 model)

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : 1 Bourton 1 Polensa
Vehicle Year : various

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum