WANTED. AS Mezan

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

WANTED. AS Mezan Empty WANTED. AS Mezan

Post by Adie James on Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:51 pm

Autosleeper Mezan circa 2005 wanted. Would travel upto 200 miles for the right one. Based in mid Cornwall.
Adie James
Adie James

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Romahome Duo Outlook
Vehicle Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

WANTED. AS Mezan Empty Re: WANTED. AS Mezan

Post by Paulmold on Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:01 pm

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby on Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:17 pm

Hi Adie
Welcome to the forum from chilly Bridlington 
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Adie James on Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:24 pm

burlingtonboaby wrote:Hi Adie
Welcome to the forum from chilly Bridlington 
Boaby
Thanks Boaby.
Adie James
Adie James

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alf on Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:46 pm

Do a search on Google on Autotrader a nice one in Somerset not too far
Alf
Alf

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down

Post by Adie James on Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:04 pm

Alf wrote:Do a search on Google on Autotrader a nice one in Somerset not too far
Hi Alf, thanks for the reply, but I can't find a Mezan in Somerset. I can find four but they are a bit rich for me and too far away, Somerset would be good for me.
Adie.
Adie James
Adie James

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby on Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:12 am

Just to add to Alfs post, 11 Mezans on A/T, 8 on EBay, this morning   Have a look on the CAMC classified ads.
What's your budget,if you don't mind me asking, so we can narrow the search down.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Adie James on Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:40 am

burlingtonboaby wrote:Just to add to Alfs post, 11 Mezans on A/T, 8 on EBay, this morning   Have a look on the CAMC classified ads.
What's your budget,if you don't mind me asking, so we can narrow the search down.
Boaby
Hi Boaby, I am looking for a Mezan, about 2005, around £15500 to max of 18000. I have worked in the motor industry and know the foibles of a Peugeot partner, that is they start being troublesome at 65/70 thousand miles, gearbox being notable. I am 75 years old, disabled, and can't face doing major jobs or breakdowns anymore, so 50000 miles or less is desirable. I have had costly experiences with dealership purchased motorhomes in the past. I think that covers it.
Adie.
Adie James
Adie James

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alf on Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:57 am

Adie  Why not look for a Romahome more or less the same the seem to be more about down South we have had Duo and the build quality of Romahome is far in front of AS.

Alf

Adie James wrote:
Alf wrote:Do a search on Google on Autotrader a nice one in Somerset not too far
Hi Alf, thanks for the reply, but I can't find a Mezan in Somerset. I can find four but they are a bit rich for me and too far away, Somerset would be good for me.
Adie.
Alf
Alf

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold on Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:32 pm

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Alf on Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:17 pm

Take care buying from Motorhome depot apparently there is no guarantee as they only  act as agents 

Alf

Alf
Alf

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Adie James on Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:21 pm

Alf wrote:Adie  Why not look for a Romahome more or less the same the seem to be more about down South we have had Duo and the build quality of Romahome is far in front of AS.

Alf
Hi Alf, I had considered a Romahome but it has no running hot water. On the plus side, though, it has gas heating, not diesel,  The wife wants the hot water. I know the dealerships are ttp expensive and the warranties are insurance based so they don't have to do services and inspections. I have been caught by this before, having lost a lot of touring time and wating for multiple faults to be fixed, no thanks.
Adie.

Adie James wrote:
Adie.
Adie James
Adie James

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alf on Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:49 pm

Adie  Look at romahome Duo or R20 Outlook adverts some these vans have the Eberspacher diesel hot water unit fitted same as the Autosleeperslook for a photo of the sink if the tap has 2 knobs its a hot water version check this advert all Romahome and Autosleepers are Diesel hot water and heating due to the limited size of gas bottles carried.Alf wrote:

Adie  Why not look for a Romahome more or less the same the seem to be more about down South we have had Duo and the build quality of Romahome is far in front of AS.

Alf
Hi Alf, I had considered a Romahome but it has no running hot water. On the plus side, though, it has gas heating, not diesel,  The wife wants the hot water. I know the dealerships are ttp expensive and the warranties are insurance based so they don't have to do services and inspections. I have been caught by this before, having lost a lot of touring time and wating for multiple faults to be fixed, no thanks.
Adie.

Adie James wrote:
Adie.
Alf
Alf

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alf on Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:15 pm

Alf
Alf

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Adie James on Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:26 pm

Adie James wrote:
burlingtonboaby wrote:Just to add to Alfs post, 11 Mezans on A/T, 8 on EBay, this morning   Have a look on the CAMC classified ads.
Boaby
Hi Boaby, I am looking for a Mezan, about 2005, around £15500 to max of 18000. I have worked in the motor industry and know the foibles of a Peugeot partner, that is they start being troublesome at 65/70 thousand miles, gearbox being notable. I am 75 years old, disabled, and can't face doing major jobs or breakdowns anymore, so 50000 miles or less is desirable. I have had costly experiences with dealership purchased motorhomes in the past. I think that covers it.
Adie.
I failed to mention I want the high hard top version., please.
Adie James
Adie James

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby on Sat Dec 21, 2019 5:31 pm

Just have to keep an eye on the classifieds and search the dealership websites, it's the time of the year to take advantage of any dealer discount s as they want to clear their stock for the 2020 models.
I'm not a great fan of Marquis motorhomes, however they will bring a van to one of their dealerships nearest to you.(£250 refundable deposit)
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Adie James on Sat Dec 21, 2019 5:42 pm

I have just found a mezan in gosport for 15,500, I think it's a private sale on gumtree.
It would fit the bill, 44,000 miles, but I am aprehensive of 9 previous owners in 14 years.
Why so many owners and should I be worried?
Seasons Greetings.  Adie.
Adie James
Adie James

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alf on Sat Dec 21, 2019 5:51 pm

Adie I would be very apprensive of 9 owners in such a short time I see it’s looks like the TD engine however all the paperwork from new seems available so well worth a look. A lot of people rush and buy and then decide to upgrade so well worth a test drive. Let us know how you get on.Good Luck.AlfAdie James wrote:I have just found a mezan in gosport for 15,500, I think it's a private sale on gumtree.
It would fit the bill, 44,000 miles, but I am aprehensive of 9 previous owners in 14 years.
Why so many owners and should I be worried?
Seasons Greetings.  Adie.
Alf
Alf

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Adie James on Sat Dec 21, 2019 7:09 pm

I see one has turned up in Paignton at 18,450, private sale, if he would ease the price a bit I migh go fot that. Worth a look seeing it's halfway to Gosport, two birds with one stone.
The problem now is I can't do anything until the new year. Have to make contact an see how it goes.
Adie James
Adie James

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alf on Sat Dec 21, 2019 7:45 pm

Adie. Check the MOT history on the Gosport one 3 Fails but none serious. I note it has the 2.0l Hdi engine I would prefer the other van with the 1977 TD engine they will go on for ever.
Alf
Alf
Alf

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy mae on Sun Dec 22, 2019 11:50 pm

Alf wrote:Take care buying from Motorhome depot apparently there is no guarantee as they only  act as agents 

Alf

Not true, I bought the Hampshire in Oct. this year from Motorhome Depot at Mansfield, they owned this van and I got a warranty with it, they couldn`t have been more helpful and if I was in the market again I would go there as first point of call. Maybe others are not the same, can only go by my experience. I did say on this forum when I bought the Hampshire.

Dr. Seuss
daisy mae
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Hampshire Topaz
Vehicle Year : 2008 98

Back to top Go down

Post by Alf on Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:38 am

I can only repeat what has been said on another Forum the person having bought the van now finds thousands of pounds of remedial work needed the broker Motorhome depot has in small print a clause saying not responsible and owner not interested Trading Standards unable to help him. I suppose it depends on the franchise agent as to the cost of repairs as to whether they do small jobs.

Alf 

daisy mae wrote:
Alf wrote:Take care buying from Motorhome depot apparently there is no guarantee as they only  act as agents 

Alf

Not true, I bought the Hampshire in Oct. this year from Motorhome Depot at Mansfield, they owned this van and I got a warranty with it, they couldn`t have been more helpful and if I was in the market again I would go there as first point of call. Maybe others are not the same, can only go by my experience. I did say on this forum when I bought the Hampshire.
Alf
Alf

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy mae on Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:56 am

Alf wrote:I can only repeat what has been said on another Forum the person having bought the van now finds thousands of pounds of remedial work needed the broker Motorhome depot has in small print a clause saying not responsible and owner not interested Trading Standards unable to help him. I suppose it depends on the franchise agent as to the cost of repairs as to whether they do small jobs.

Alf 

daisy mae wrote:

Alf

Perhaps that depot was only an agent, Mansfield isnt they buy in vans so they own them and give a warranty which covers most things including base vehicle. best to check everything out, as I said I can recommend Mansfield, by my experience not a third party.

Good luck to the buyer, a dealer I could name who gives a warranty I wouldn`t not recommend, again from personal experience.so as always do research as much as possible, I didn`t take heed reviews of the dealer I wouldn`t recommend as he had the MH that I wanted so I took a risk.

Dr. Seuss
daisy mae
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Hampshire Topaz
Vehicle Year : 2008 98

Back to top Go down

WANTED. AS Mezan Empty Romahome.

Post by Adie James on Wed Dec 25, 2019 3:46 pm

Rightie then peeps, I have just found a Romahome Duo, locally, £12250. It has one owner from new, 2002, full history, 51000 miles, 2litre hdi turbo.
Any info, observations or things I should be wary of, please? I am viewing next Saturday and would like to be forearmed to what to be mindful of.
Many thanks.   Adie.
Adie James
Adie James

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Alf on Wed Dec 25, 2019 6:17 pm

Merry Christmas Adie,  I thought you wanted one with hot water !!!  I have never been a lover of the Hdi engine more trouble than they are worth the 1997 TD engine will run for ever and ever and easier to repair.AlfAdie James wrote:Rightie then peeps, I have just found a Romahome Duo, locally, £12250. It has one owner from new, 2002, full history, 51000 miles, 2litre hdi turbo.
Any info, observations or things I should be wary of, please? I am viewing next Saturday and would like to be forearmed to what to be mindful of.
Many thanks.   Adie.
Alf
Alf

Male

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum