The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beware of the knife trap !

2 posters

Go down

Beware of the knife trap ! Empty Beware of the knife trap !

Post by Quilter Thu Dec 12, 2019 5:08 pm

Over the years we have lost several knives and generally blame each other for accidentally scraping them into the bin.  We then buy replacements.  Today I noticed a faint silver lining along the edge of the grey plastic insert in the cutlery drawer. 

With great difficulty we levered the insert up enough ( it's velcroed in) to find 7 knives down there. We could not get the insert out but think we've got them all. This brings our knife total to 13.

If you have lost any knives this could be where they are !
Quilter
Quilter
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EK TB LP
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Beware of the knife trap ! Empty Re: Beware of the knife trap !

Post by inspiredron Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:28 am

How did they get under the plastic tray? AFAIK our tray fills the drawer. I have tried to remove the tray for cleaning but had no idea it was Velcro'd. I had assumed it was glued!

Male

Member Age : 82
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Beware of the knife trap ! Empty Re: Beware of the knife trap !

Post by Quilter Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:40 am

inspiredron wrote:How did they get under the plastic tray? AFAIK our tray fills the drawer. I have tried to remove the tray for cleaning but had no idea it was Velcro'd. I had assumed it was glued!

Down the long side. There is a thin sliver of space, not big enough for a spoon or fork but our knives are straight sided.  Once down there they were all wedged neatly together in the curve of the insert so did not rattle. The 8th knife that tried to go this way was one too many and I could see the edge of it.

Even pulling the tray away from the velcro does not mean we could remove it without removing the drawer, something we tried but it wouldn’t come without force, which we don’t want to do. 

I say velcro but I am having second thoughts that it could be double sided sticky tape.
Quilter
Quilter
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EK TB LP
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down