The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Auto Sleeper Nuevo EK door flyscreen

+2
Gromit
msb03
6 posters

Go down

Auto Sleeper Nuevo EK door flyscreen Empty Auto Sleeper Nuevo EK door flyscreen

Post by msb03 Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:09 pm

sorry if its been covered before, what do owners recommend to keep out midges, mosquitoes etc on their rear door

thanks for your help
msb03
msb03

Male

Auto-Sleeper : NUEVO
Vehicle Year : 2007

Back to top Go down

Auto Sleeper Nuevo EK door flyscreen Empty Re: Auto Sleeper Nuevo EK door flyscreen

Post by Gromit Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:33 pm

Closing it!

I don't think it's possible to keep the little swine out.

The best we've ever found is to give the inside a good dose of insecticide spray as you go for the last pee before bedtime. Or if not on a site, hide under the covers until it's safe to emerge.

We still get bitten, but (and I'm not joking here!) if you paint a bite with clear nail varnish as soon as you notice it, the itching is almost entirely relieved.
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Auto Sleeper Nuevo EK door flyscreen Empty Re: Auto Sleeper Nuevo EK door flyscreen

Post by Gromit Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:34 pm

Gromit wrote:Closing it!  shrugg

I don't think it's possible to keep the little swine out.

The best we've ever found is to give the inside a good dose of insecticide spray as you go for the last pee before bedtime. Or if not on a site, hide under the covers until it's safe to emerge.

We still get bitten, but (and I'm not joking here!) if you paint a bite with clear nail varnish as soon as you notice it, the itching is almost entirely relieved.
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by inspiredron Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:34 am

I was disappointed that our van did not have a hab door flyscreen. I tried the Fiamma but it was not very convenient and also fell off its velcro. Then I spotted a cheap long fringe type in Wilco at £8. That has given good service for 7 years. I threaded it onto a dowel fitted into small hooks above the door. When not needed it is tied with a tape to the grab handle on the fridge locker. The only real problem is that the strands do get caught in the door fasteners if you don't move it aside before closing the door.

Male

Member Age : 82
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:30 am

In the past when on a hookup we have used plug in mosquito killer/repellent devices.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by mcalid Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:20 am

Southern softies!
We Scots use Midge nets over our heads and Nivea Skin-So-Soft over any other exposed parts.
The SAS use this as well, allegedly, so feel free to call them effeminate if you meet them.
Get inside, spray "Raid" or any other flying insect killer and all will be clear in a matter of minutes.
Nothing will keep midges out, including flyscreens but they seem to miss out coming in through roof vents in our experience.
mcalid
mcalid
Donator
Donator

Male

Vehicle Year : 2008

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinwheeler Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:02 pm

It’s actually Avon Skin So Soft. Wouldn’t want folk hunting for the wrong product. smile!
Tinwheeler
Tinwheeler
Donator
Donator

Male

Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by mcalid Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:33 pm

Quite right Tinwheeler. I stand corrected.
mcalid
mcalid
Donator
Donator

Male

Vehicle Year : 2008

Back to top Go down