The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Media USB

3 posters

Go down

Media USB Empty Media USB

Post by bazjaq Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:31 pm

2014 Broadway EK, Peugeot 2.2
Was on a trip yesterday and had my iPod plugged in the USB, it worked perfectly well for the 60 mile journey. Returned home today and it didn't work. The display on the radio says 'no source available'. I have since attached the iPod to my computer and it worked, so I plugged my phone into the vans USB and it was not found. I'm guessing that the fuse which supplies the USB has blown but there is nothing in the manual to show which fuse. Any ideas please!
bazjaq
bazjaq

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EK
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Media USB Empty Re: Media USB

Post by Roopert Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:02 pm

Typically, a USB socket will be wired straight to the radio/headunit - in which case there will only be one fuse - the one that supplies the radio/headunit.

I would suggest that in order of probability (in my experience) you should firstly suspect that the cable has been damaged, and secondly that the socket has been damaged (this is possible on some USB sockets - if you insert a plug slightly awkwardly it can push one or more of the contacts back into the housing).
Roopert
Roopert

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Post by AndyRoyd Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:04 pm

bazjaq wrote:2014 Broadway EK, Peugeot 2.2
Was on a trip yesterday and had my iPod plugged in the USB, it worked perfectly well for the 60 mile journey. Returned home today and it didn't work. The display on the radio says 'no source available'. I have since attached the iPod to my computer and it worked, so I plugged my phone into the vans USB and it was not found. I'm guessing that the fuse which supplies the USB has blown but there is nothing in the manual to show which fuse. Any ideas please!

I have always used a USB stick via an extension cable in my Broadway but recently the stick has not been found and comes up with the same as your message.
Plugging the stick direct into the USB socket has worked but not without turning the ignition off for a while.
I have yet to buy another male to female usb lead to check it out but the old one works on my PC.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EKTBLP
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Post by bazjaq Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:22 pm

Thanks Roopert, I’ll get my magnifying glass and a torch out tomorrow and have poke around. Thanks AndyRoyd.
bazjaq
bazjaq

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by bazjaq Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:46 am

Well it’s fixed! I checked the USB socket with a torch and magnifying glass and couldn’t see anything wrong. Tried my iPod, still not being seen. To the side of the socket is the USB sign, I thought maybe this is a switch! However it doesn’t depress, but it does slide to cover the socket. So I did that back and forth then tried my iPod again. Eureka! Looks to me that the ‘switch/dust cover’ turns off the electrical supply when closed so I’ll ensure it’s fully open in future.
bazjaq
bazjaq

Male

Back to top Go down