The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bourton tv reception

5 posters

Go down

Bourton tv reception Empty Bourton tv reception

Post by Snowy Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:38 am

We have had serious problems with getting a signal in various parts of the country. I am advised by professional that this could be due in part to the aerial being mounted adjacent to the air con unit, which is also higher than the aerial.
Any comments would be helpful 
scratch head
Snowy
Snowy

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Bourton
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Bourton tv reception Empty Tv reception

Post by CJ1949 Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:55 pm

Snowy wrote:We have had serious problems with getting a signal in various parts of the country. I am advised by professional that this could be due in part to the aerial being mounted adjacent to the air con unit, which is also higher than the aerial.
scratch head
We had similar Tv reception problems with our new Bourton whilst on site in Pembrey
Turned van around solved it -I also thought it might be the air con unit interfering with the signal.
CJ1949
CJ1949

Male

Member Age : 75

Back to top Go down

Bourton tv reception Empty Re: Bourton tv reception

Post by Pete Taylor Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:26 pm

I've found in various places that it is far better to have the aerial "blade" in the vertical position and at 90 degrees to the orientation of folks using the "blade" horizontally... if that makes sense! Trial and error.

As an aside; after the recent re-tune I discovered that one of our wi-fi boosters placed behind our home TV was scrambling the signal to certain channels. Moved it behind the sofa and the picture was perfect.

Who will be the fist to ask if I can see the TV behind the sofa?  hugegrins

Pete.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Pete Taylor
Pete Taylor
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Stanton.
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Bourton tv reception Empty Bourton tv reception

Post by marconi Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:48 pm

Snowy wrote:We have had serious problems with getting a signal in various parts of the country. I am advised by professional that this could be due in part to the aerial being mounted adjacent to the air con unit, which is also higher than the aerial.
scratch head
Sure thing. The metalwork of the Air Con unit being higher than the Aerial will screen it from the direction of the TV signals and also cause reflections which can be detrimental to the wanted signals. Such an installation is definitely a no no. The rule for Aerials is always mount in the clear above all obstacles, not so easy with the trend for squat, fixed Omnidirectional Aerials on a motorhome.
I suspect that the Aerial came first, the Air Con being an extra. Vision Plus and Status still do roof mounted Directional Aerials with an extending pole which should be a solution.
marconi
marconi

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK

Back to top Go down

Post by paul bullock Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:29 am

Hi , yes Marconi is right an extending aerial would do it , also get a signal meter and away you go! Regards          Paul wave
paul bullock
paul bullock
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : nuevo ek 2012

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowy Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:39 am

CJ1949 wrote:
scratch head
We had similar Tv reception problems with our new Bourton whilst on site in Pembrey
Turned van around solved it -I also thought it might be the air con unit interfering with the signal.
When down at Weymouth recently we moved the vehicle three times without any success. But at North Berwick an excellent picture. Our concern the aerial is too close to the Air Con.
Snowy
Snowy

Male

Back to top Go down