The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

harmony mangement system

2 posters

Go down

harmony mangement system Empty harmony mangement system

Post by Mids Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:51 pm

hi could anyone tell me , should the control panel show the water heaters symbol below the autofill symbol all the time or only when there is water in the tanks. new broadway don't  have the symbol now don't recall ever seeing them like in the hand book is there a advanced setting somewhere?
Mids
Mids

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

harmony mangement system Empty Re: harmony mangement system

Post by Caraman Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:20 pm

Mids,
On my 2019 Nuevo the water heaters symbol below the autofill symbol is present all the time regardless of the content of either tank.  I am not qualified to give a diagnosis but I had a similar problem for my first few weeks of ownership which was a combination of the EC700 requiring a software refresh which included an upgrade and incorrect Advanced Settings on the EC700.  It isn't explained in the Harmony Manual but if you hold down the Settings button it will eventually take you to Advanced Settings. On page 1 of Advanced Settings on the right is a setting for the water heaters.  Mine had gone to off which resulted in the heater symbols disappearing.  You could try checking the Advanced Settings but if they are wrong it may be symptomatic of a software problem which only the dealership can correct.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mids Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:09 am

thanks for your reply ,found advanced settings and the tank heaters were turned off. so problem solved
Mids
Mids

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:02 am

I would check with your dealer or Sergant direct that the rest of your advanced settings are correct.  In one was wrong, others may also be wrong.  This was my experience.  Happy to compare your advanced settings with mine if you wish.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Back to top Go down

harmony mangement system Empty thanks

Post by Mids Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:56 am

thank you for your help.   phoned dealer this morning all advanced  settings as yours now.Interesting what you said about  step and fuse blowing. he told me he had changed setting to match yours after blowing twice  so hopefuuly that wont happen  a third time now!
Mids
Mids

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:22 am

That’s interesting that someone else has experienced the No 10 en route fuse blowing.  I got through 5 fuses and each time it disabled the Combi and step.  Hopefully the adjustment of the step time to 3000 ms will solve it.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Back to top Go down

harmony mangement system Empty settings

Post by Mids Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:29 am

has changing the setting solved the problem for you have you been away to try it. last time it went it knocked out our heating and hot water.  going away to try it again hopefully its now fixed.
Mids
Mids

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:29 pm

Kids,

Fingers crossed it has solved it.  I also changed the Advanced Setting for ‘ En Route’ to active for good measure.  After Willersey made the step time alteration we were away in our Nuevo for 7 nights and I have been constantly in and out the van on our drive ever since.  We are away now for another 4 days.  I have a good supply of red 10 amp fuses just in case and a mirror and head torch should I need to reset the Combi to clear and fault codes (514) that might arise.  The only lingering doubt I have is then when I spoke last week to an engineer at Sargent in Beverley E Yorkshire he was a bit sceptical about it even though it was Sergant who had recommended to Willersey to change the setting.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mids Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:38 pm

hi been looking again at advanced settings, my en route one is turned off do you know what this does? and my step time is set at 3200
Mids
Mids

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mids Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:40 pm

can not find any information online about advanced settings only the booklet thst they give you
Mids
Mids

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:57 pm

Mids,

We as ‘users’ are not supposed to access Advanced Settings which is why it is not covered in the Harmony Manual.  I only know about it as my dealer told me about it to rectify the Advanced Settings which had a mind of their own and were changing.  This and a faulty internal clock were caused by software errors in the EC700 which were not corrected until the software was upgraded by the dealer some weeks after I took delivery of the Nuevo.  My problems were exacerbated by not knowing of or having the Harmony Manual! Even the dealer didn’t know about it.  It was only when I remonstrated directly to AS about their poor documentation that I was sent one in the post.

My step time was 6000 ms but was changed a couple of weeks ago by the AS Service Centre to 3000 ms to overcome the No 10 fuse problem I was having.  

The ENROUTE Advanced Setting is to allow the Combi to be used with gas whilst driving.  I can’t imagine ever wanting to use this but our motorhomes are set up for it providing the Advanced Setting is set to Active.  Mine was set to off but is now Active.  My logic for changing it to Active were that is what it should be (confirmed by Sergant) but also for the Combi to work when driving it must have a 12v supply and the No 10 fuse you will see is for enroute/awning and when it blows it stops the 12 v supply to the Combi which stops it working in all circumstances.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mids Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:24 pm

Thanks for the info we had a new control panel after 3 weeks  from collecting new Broadway EB as the time was always wrong then since new panel trouble with step blowing fuse. So dealer changed it to3200.said that was the problem.then I couldn't see tank heaters so I rang and he talked me through advanced settingsto turn them on. Hopefully problems solved now.think I may turn en route on.
Mids
Mids

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:59 pm

Mids,

The fact that you have a 2019 Broadway and I have a 2019 Nuevo shouldn't make any difference.  I spoke to another 2019 Nuevo owner who confirmed that his ENROUTE is set to Active. I attribute mine being incorrectly set to the earlier software problem I had and the dealer who didn't check the Advanced Settings were all correct after he upgraded the software.  It's easy to check if your software has been upgraded. If it hasn't been upgraded the EC700 Control Panel will replicate under Settings (Not Advanced Settings) the functionality of the Truma Control Panel.  If it has been upgraded, this replication will be removed from the EC700 Control Panel.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Back to top Go down