2019 Bourton Mercedes Electrics Issues

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

2019 Bourton Mercedes Electrics Issues - Page 4 Empty Re: 2019 Bourton Mercedes Electrics Issues

Post by LDPD on Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:33 am

LDPD wrote:Anyone having problems with weird behaviour of the electrics in the habitation area?
When parked up, on ours the Mercedes electrics tries to enable an energy saving hibernation mode which appears to confuse the Sargent unit which does any, or all, of the following - operate the step, awning light or worst of all sets off it's own internal battery low alarm. Given this goes off randomly in the night, a good night's sleep is something to dream of (not in the van though!). This behaviour has existed since we took delivery three months ago and despite persistent chasing there's no sign of resolution. A vehicle designed for sleeping in, but you can't have an uninterrupted night's sleep! Fit for purpose? Anyone else with similar issues or sensible advice?
Good news at last!

In the absence of interest, help or support from our dealer in sorting this issue we spent a lot of time logging events and observing activity and timings. We identified a pattern which led us to conclude that the fault was in all probability due to a software/configuration issue on the Mercedes side, something we'd always believed to be the case. We presented our findings to AS and Rygor (Mercedes chassis supplier) who eventually after being able to reliably reproduce the issue at will, agreed that it was a Mercedes fault. Both organisations were supportive and working with them they eventually they found a 'keep awake' configuration parameter whose purpose wasn't fully understood. However, unsetting it seemed to solve the problem. We are cautiously optimistic, with the limited testing we have carried out, that this problem has finally been resolved. If you have this issue on the new Mercedes chassis your dealer should be able to advise how you get the relevant update done. 

Along the way we also became familiar with the EC700 issue when our panel/software was upgraded in an attempt to solve the issue above. The problem, after believing it was a hardware issue, was finally identified as a software coding error. An update is now available through your dealer for this issue. The panel becomes more responsive and we have heard  that some that have previously been reported as failed have come back to life.

So, problems solved, but now looking unlikely to be travelling in the near future!

Last edited by LDPD on Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:46 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Extra clarification)

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Bourton
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

2019 Bourton Mercedes Electrics Issues - Page 4 Empty Re: 2019 Bourton Mercedes Electrics Issues

Post by ourannie on Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:59 pm

Thank you LDPD for posting Good News At Last, its great what you have done and you should be congratulated from all of us whose vans have the problem. We will be contacting our dealer and hopefully there will be at last a resolution once we are brave enough to venture out !!
ourannie
ourannie

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by redcar56 on Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:06 pm

ourannie wrote:Thank you LDPD for posting Good News At Last, its great what you have done and you should be congratulated from all of us whose vans have the problem. We will be contacting our dealer and hopefully there will be at last a resolution once we are brave enough to venture out !!
Yes thank you, I forwarded to our dealer who didn’t know about this and was going to discuss with AS, this is where it all falls down, if AS know there’s a possible fix why not let all the dealers know, they amaze me.
redcar56
redcar56

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Burford Duo

Back to top Go down

Post by rventhusiast on Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:44 pm

Hi LAPD - I spoke to you at York last December as we were thinking of downsizing from our Worcester to a Bourton but you were kind enough to enlighten me about the electrical problems. I am really pleased you have resolved the problems - do you want to sell it now?

David
rventhusiast
rventhusiast

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Worcester
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

2019 Bourton Mercedes Electrics Issues - Page 4 Empty The continuing adventures of the Haunted Snai

Post by Skizzydo on Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:10 pm

The Haunted Snail has returned to the dealership.AS at last advised the dealer to put in the latest Version for the EC700  and I have been informed most of the odd behaviour  has disappeared  ( so I have been informed )  but due now to go a Mercedes garage for some of their adjustments , but due to locked down it’s going to be 3 weeks  plus before it moves from the dealership  to Mercedes. 
I also was informed that the mod to fit the interior blinds  has gone by the board and will not be fitted as we were promised. Anyone done their own thing and fitted a curtain  and where you can fit a rail. Ours doesn’t have the overhead cab window but a storage Lockyer
Skizzydo
Skizzydo

Male

Member Age : 72

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum