The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2019 Bourton Mercedes Electrics Issues

+27
peewee
Ottersmum
Mids
philoaks
Lord&LadyBurford
pstallwood
rventhusiast
Skizzydo
Hotracer600
Kemerton-bath
Ramboz
marconi
Toffee
Keith Brooks
redcar56
Snowy
Blue
Pete Taylor
Razzy
Redboy
ourannie
PLOUGHLIN
Peter Brown
Roopert
Milvus
KMRTOPAZ
LDPD
31 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

2019 Bourton Mercedes Electrics Issues - Page 3 Empty Re: 2019 Bourton Mercedes Electrics Issues

Post by ourannie Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:16 pm

redcar56 wrote:
Keith Brooks wrote:Our August delivered Bourton on the 2019 Mercedes Sprinter Sargent EC700 control panel failed during our holiday in France = no water pump and only the over locker lighting and no washroom lighting. The panel was replaced at the dealership  only to fail again in a matter of days. The replacement is due to be replaced early November. Also the habitation door central locking ceased to operate, this was repaired by the dealership when the EC700 was replaced and so far so good with the central door locking.
Overall, we really  love the Bourton but are frustrated with the Sargent EC700 failures.
Has anyone else experienced this problem?
Our Sept Burford Duo has an issue with the hab door lock getting a lock signal every 4 minutes after the canbus has “gone to sleep after 30 minutes” got a price of tape over the door contacts at present and lock with key. We are away for first tester trip next week so fingers crossed.
Hi , Hope you don't mind me asking how you got on with the tape over the door contacts ? when on the phone to A.S. we suggested months ago about doing just that to try and stop the door unlocking itself , they said the contacts where for the alarm but we thought they where for locking the door so must admit we haven't tried it but hope you had success.
ourannie
ourannie

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Bourton
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

2019 Bourton Mercedes Electrics Issues - Page 3 Empty Re: 2019 Bourton Mercedes Electrics Issues

Post by Keith Brooks Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:14 am

ourannie wrote:
redcar56 wrote:
Keith Brooks wrote:Our August delivered Bourton on the 2019 Mercedes Sprinter Sargent EC700 control panel failed during our holiday in France = no water pump and only the over locker lighting and no washroom lighting. The panel was replaced at the dealership  only to fail again in a matter of days. The replacement is due to be replaced early November. Also the habitation door central locking ceased to operate, this was repaired by the dealership when the EC700 was replaced and so far so good with the central door locking.
Overall, we really  love the Bourton but are frustrated with the Sargent EC700 failures.
Has anyone else experienced this problem?
Our Sept Burford Duo has an issue with the hab door lock getting a lock signal every 4 minutes after the canbus has “gone to sleep after 30 minutes” got a price of tape over the door contacts at present and lock with key. We are away for first tester trip next week so fingers crossed.
Hi , Hope you don't mind me asking how you got on with the tape over the door contacts ? when on the phone to A.S. we suggested months ago about doing just that to try and stop the door unlocking itself , they said the contacts where for the alarm but we thought they where for locking the door so must admit we haven't tried it but hope you had success.
Good morning. Our problems were not the door unlocking or locking by itself, the central locking mechanism broke and did not work at all.
Keith Brooks
Keith Brooks

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ramboz Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:01 pm

we bought a A-S Bourton in late June 2019, named the Haunted Snail now. It spent a month in the dealership for ‘rectification and two trips to Mercedes   (Automatic drive  ) . A bike  rack was fitted as requested which made the vehicle illegal to drive due to coverage of the lights and number plate now hidden. A  power supply was wired in eventually plus light board supplied . As previously reported  lights on as when it felt like plus doors locking and unlocking plus all the vehicle lights coming onqqqqa. The dealership has reprogrammed  the computer to stop the steps moving at anytime it fancied, plus adjustment to some other systems
Even the table leg assembly fell off on second use.
It was also poorly  and badly finished even the  drawers didn’t fit or run well in kitchen area the not to mention that the habitation door handle. A very poor design all round and not thought out well. The supplied external screen was for the wrong vehicle and was very badly made.  We are still concerned that no internal screens were supplied. 
On a recent trip 11days  day 3 totally failure of the Sargent EC700 unit , lost all 12 volt systems, water, heating , water and battery levels  toilet system and lights . Fortunately  the 240 volts gave us some light  but little else. Truma system off line as well 
Very disappointed in the turn out of the vehicle from day one, although the dealership did their best  putting things right , although A-S pulled up the rope ladder regarding the poor designs of various  defects .
On the plus side it does drive nice
Ramboz
Ramboz

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Stanway
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by Ramboz Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:11 am

Advice given to us re door opening .
1) unlock doors with key fob then open one of the front doors and close it. This stops the vehicle relocating itself after 30 to 60 seconds later 
2) physically lock the front doors by pushing the button down on each door After 3 to 4 minutes the habitation door will unlock . If you use the key fob this won’t happen 
3) open the doors on the key fob  and enter the via the habitation door the vehicle will self lock  and the step retract then all the lights come on and alarms go off  ( well does on our Haunted Snail)   Such fun and the neighbours are very impressed as well !
This took Marquis three weeks to notify us how to open the doors etc The hand book is totally naff at this point as is the fuse lay out on the EC700.
Ramboz
Ramboz

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Stanway
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by Kemerton-bath Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:34 pm

This is all very dismal, an unholy trinity of poor performance by Mercedes on their new Sprinter, an apparent lack of testing by Sargent on their new EC700 control panel, and the now familiar SNAFUs from AS and Marquis.

All that plus the iniquitous “luxury“ tax, it’s hardly an incentive to buy a new van.  Maybe the new tax will affect sales and in so doing will encourage manufacturers to up their game.  Something needs to change, this is all getting a bit repetitive.  I hope you get your new van sorted soon and can start enjoying it.  Your sense of humour is admirable, I think mine would have evaporated by now!

Tim

1996 - Autosleeper Symphony   2010 - Autosleeper Symbol    2018 - Autosleeper Kemerton   2023 - Autosleeper Kemerton XL (Fiat)
Kemerton-bath
Kemerton-bath
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 64
Auto-Sleeper : Kemerton XL (Fiat)
Vehicle Year : 2020

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowy Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:45 pm

Keith Brooks wrote:Thank you to those of you who have replied re Bourton & EC700 problems. It is booked into the dealership in early November and they say they have solutions - we'll see!!!
I would take that statement with a pinch of salt. We have had the ECU replaced and the control panel needs replacing for the fourth time. Not to mention various up grades to the software. I am in contact with Sargent and while they know the problem component no date has been advised for a permanent fix. By the way while corresponding with any Bourton owner who recently visited the new Hymer Centre. Which reported no problems with the control on 2019 Mercedes based Motorhomes, mind you they do not use Sargent equipment.
Snowy
Snowy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by LDPD Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:10 pm

Keith Brooks wrote:Thank you to those of you who have replied re Bourton & EC700 problems. It is booked into the dealership in early November and they say they have solutions - we'll see!!!
As we're mid-November any news to share?

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowy Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:49 pm

LDPD wrote:
As we're mid-November any news to share?
While awaiting for our fourth control panel to be fitted, hopefully later this month. I have been advised by our dealer that it has now been recognised  that there as been a faulty batch of control panels.  Apparently I am told the new panels have been fitted for the last two weeks with no problems. On past experience I would not make such a bold statement. I will let every one know how we get on.
Snowy
Snowy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by redcar56 Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:24 pm

Our 2019 Burford Duo is having all the above known issues and is at our dealers at present, it appears that Mercedes themselves have been working on this and have issued a software update which is supposed to solve the problems, AS I’m told been trialed on a few Merc based MH and it works. Mine is going into Mercedes to have the software installed and then the dealer is going to check over next few days.
I will let you know the outcome
redcar56
redcar56

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Burford Duo

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowy Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:12 pm

redcar56 wrote:Our 2019 Burford Duo is having all the above known issues and is at our dealers at present, it appears that Mercedes themselves have been working on this and have issued a software update which is supposed to solve the problems, AS I’m told been trialed on a few Merc based MH and it works. Mine is going into Mercedes to have the software installed and then the dealer is going to check over next few days.
We are waiting for yet another panel to be fitted, this time our dealer tells us by A/S. This will be the third by the factory, who seem rather slow at responding. Mentioned the vehicle software update to our dealer who went completely blank, so will have words with A/S when they get in contact. Would be grateful if you could keep me updated on this issue.
Snowy
Snowy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ourannie Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:56 pm

redcar56 wrote:Our 2019 Burford Duo is having all the above known issues and is at our dealers at present, it appears that Mercedes themselves have been working on this and have issued a software update which is supposed to solve the problems, AS I’m told been trialed on a few Merc based MH and it works. Mine is going into Mercedes to have the software installed and then the dealer is going to check over next few days.
Hi, oh this is interesting, could i please ask is the problem you have had has been with the  control panel or the problem we have been having with door unlocking , alarm going off awning light etc in the middle of the night, I only ask because our Bourton is going back to the dealer in December, its 100 mile away, and if there is a fix we will ask them to sort it...we have had all sorts of strange goings on, the latest being the red LED light on the air conditioning unit is now all the time, truma say its the temperature sensor that needs replacing, when we we picked the MH up and got home the two tables where the wrong colour and didn't match the interior, the alarm sensors had to be moved because they where randomly going off, the problem with the Mercedes going into Hibernation not being compatible with the sergeant control system, the good thing is it hasn't failed as yet but just had to cut a holiday short because we have a leak from the roof on the drivers side. This is on a 2019 Bourton, bought brand new in May.
ourannie
ourannie

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by redcar56 Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:38 pm

ourannie wrote:
Hi, oh this is interesting, could i please ask is the problem you have had has been with the  control panel or the problem we have been having with door unlocking , alarm going off awning light etc in the middle of the night, I only ask because our Bourton is going back to the dealer in December, its 100 mile away, and if there is a fix we will ask them to sort it...we have had all sorts of strange goings on, the latest being the red LED light on the air conditioning unit is now all the time, truma say its the temperature sensor that needs replacing, when we we picked the MH up and got home the two tables where the wrong colour and didn't match the interior, the alarm sensors had to be moved because they where randomly going off, the problem with the Mercedes going into Hibernation not being compatible with the sergeant control system, the good thing is it hasn't failed as yet but just had to cut a holiday short because we have a leak from the roof on the drivers side. This is on a 2019 Bourton, bought brand new in May.
I will do, I have just collected after mod for Mercedes /AS /Sargent issue and will update in a couple of days.
They basically take the power from the engine battery as against the Mercedes power module so in theory it shouldn’t be effected by the hibernation mode I will update.
redcar56
redcar56

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by redcar56 Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:20 pm

I can now report back that following the Merc software update and power supply being changed our control panel failed. 
It has been on dealers two weeks and has had new PSU and control panel was tested for one week, returned to me and failed instantly but now the Truma has failed and the 10 amp step fuse blows for no reason.
I am waiting for it to go back to the factory but have taken legal.  advice and will be rejecting if it comes back and breaks again.
It is so disappointing as we do love the motorhome but this is turning us off motorhoming completely
redcar56
redcar56

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Roopert Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:38 pm

It's a completely understandable response, but please try not to let one van put you off all vans! We've had ones in the past that have had repeated problems, but eventually they get fixed, and typically after that you get no trouble at all.

In some respects you are fortunate that the latest issue manifested itself in such a clear and conclusive way - intermittent problems that come and go (and always vanish when under test at the dealer) are much harder to deal with.

Good luck, and stick with the motorhoming while you enjoy it - even if that specific van has to go back.
Roopert
Roopert

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Post by redcar56 Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:08 pm

Roopert wrote:It's a completely understandable response, but please try not to let one van put you off all vans! We've had ones in the past that have had repeated problems, but eventually they get fixed, and typically after that you get no trouble at all.

In some respects you are fortunate that the latest issue manifested itself in such a clear and conclusive way - intermittent problems that come and go (and always vanish when under test at the dealer) are much harder to deal with.

Good luck, and stick with the motorhoming while you enjoy it - even if that specific van has to go back.
I know what your saying, but when it’s 12 weeks old and been in repair for 7 of those and done 1016 miles of which we have done 420 miles it gets a bit down heartening, hopefully they will get it right 👍
redcar56
redcar56

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Hotracer600 Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:24 pm

Its not one van with issues, its all vans with issues, you spend hard earned/saved money and get something that is not fit for purpose/ in some cases not even compliant with standards.
You would not accept a new car with all these faults, so why should we accept a motorhome.
Sounds to me like people in the past have accepted all the poor excuses/bad service levels from manufacters/etc. and so quality/service standards have remained poor - Be interesting to see how many manufactuers survive in the next couple years!!
Hotracer600
Hotracer600

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Mercedes Bourton

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowy Sat Feb 08, 2020 4:48 pm

redcar56 wrote:I can now report back that following the Merc software update and power supply being changed our control panel failed. 
It has been on dealers two weeks and has had new PSU and control panel was tested for one week, returned to me and failed instantly but now the Truma has failed and the 10 amp step fuse blows for no reason.
I am waiting for it to go back to the factory but have taken legal.  advice and will be rejecting if it comes back and breaks again.
It is so disappointing as we do love the motorhome but this is turning us off motorhoming completely
Fully understand we are in the same position. Control panel 5? just gone down having only been fitted just before Christmas. Having been told Sargent had sorted the problem (No Chance) The override facility doesn't work either so we have a motorhome we cannot use. The attitude of all concerned seems nothing more than complacent which is no help when you have spent so much money you should expect it to be in good working order.
We also had a problem with a 10amp fuse blowing ours was for the step. Having words with our dealer they recommended fitting a larger fuse (They had similar faults in the past), something I would not normally do but it worked with no adverse problems.
allthumbz
Snowy
Snowy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by redcar56 Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:14 pm

Ours is due back to us on Tuesday as been at Factory for 5 weeks, they repaired everything, new Truma complete, hab door and EC700, they phone my after 2 weeks to say all done and giving me a spare EC700 and fly lead as they have installed a jack plug, I told them no way is that acceptable.
After discussions between AS and Sargent they advised me to go back to EC500/ EC480 until EC700 sorted and tested for 6 months then they will refit EC700 system, they admitted they don’t know what the EC700 issue or resolution is at present.We agreed after running past of solicitor so we can at least use our new MH which we have owned since 26 Sept 19 but had at home for about 6 weeks.
Hoping all is sorted and working .
redcar56
redcar56

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Hotracer600 Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:16 pm

I find it hard to believe it has taken 6 months for AS/Sargent to admit they do not know what the EC700 issue is!! OR resolution!! (my previous Warwick had a EC700 fail).
So we have to resort to older EC500 panel???  My Nov. '19 Bourton comes out of storage in 2 weeks and has trips to europe and around UK booked from late March - Do I have the confidence in the vehicle - NO. Convenient the NEC show is only days away - Need some answers and actions - Starting with AS communicating what they propose to do.
Hotracer600
Hotracer600

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Mercedes Bourton

Back to top Go down

Post by Kemerton-bath Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:06 pm

What a sorry saga, made worse by poor communication and obfuscation by AS, with whom the buck stops.  Many of us can accept that new technology introduces risk, but we expect that to be mitigated by full testing and trialing, and that manufacturers step up to the plate when things go wrong.

Reverting back to a tried and tested, known-good system is a prudent step, even if it's not what was in the original spec and priced accordingly.  That’s clearly the subject of a separate discussion with AS, once the vans are working properly and able to be enjoyed by their owners.

It is however an admission that the EC700 is a mess, and one that will require major confidence-building before the fix is rolled out.  It will be interesting to see how AS finesse this issue at the forthcoming NEC show.  If anyone is going it might be worth taking an interest in the glossy control panel in one of the new vans and posing a few well-chosen questions.

Tim

1996 - Autosleeper Symphony   2010 - Autosleeper Symbol    2018 - Autosleeper Kemerton   2023 - Autosleeper Kemerton XL (Fiat)
Kemerton-bath
Kemerton-bath
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 64
Auto-Sleeper : Kemerton XL (Fiat)
Vehicle Year : 2020

Back to top Go down

Post by Skizzydo Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:17 pm

Apparently I am now under three names on the forum  [ don't know why either ] so its Skizzydo or pegasus3 or even ramboz   very sorry for the confusion, meanwhile the adventures of the Haunted Snail continue such as we are able.
Skizzydo
Skizzydo

Male

Member Age : 76

Back to top Go down

Post by redcar56 Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:35 pm

Just received from Sargent, we still need Mercedes to sort there issues now that they have admitted there is a problem 

Dear Auto-Sleeper owner,

We have identified a potential software problem with some Sargent EC700 control panels fitted to Auto-Sleeper vehicles.

Affected vehicles may exhibit a number of issues, including; the clock running slowly, sluggish or less responsive button presses, and a general ‘slowdown’ of the whole panel. This slowdown is not reset after a shutdown / reboot, so can become gradually worse over time.

The problem is fixed by a software update to the control panel which can be carried out by any Auto-Sleepers dealer.

To check if your vehicle requires an update, at the EC700 control panel, press the settings button (gear wheel) and then the right arrow button twice to view the ‘Settings Screen’.

If the EC700 CP Version Number is shown as 40, 41, 42 43, 44 or 45 the control panel needs updating to version 46 at the earliest opportunity.

If the EC700 CP Version Number is 39 or lower the panel does not need updating and no further action is required.

If your vehicle does require the update, please contact your dealer to arrange an appointment for the software update. The update process takes around 15 minutes to complete.

If you do have any further questions please contact the Sargent support team via email[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].uk

Best Regards,

Sargent Support

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
redcar56
redcar56

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Skizzydo Sun Mar 08, 2020 1:21 pm

The Haunted Snail  ( Bourton   2019) tale still continues unabated. Fuses in the EC 700 unmarked as to system identification , Steps unable to retract, after sometime and generous help from others finally found the u/s fuse. No information found regarding how to mechanically retract step. Totally useless handbook  for any sensible information.
After 9 months of frustration with failures on the trips we have managed to do , now have no confidence in the vehicle.  Water system went full when empty so unable to put water onboard from external  pump system until disconnecting the upper water sensor. I have been advised that  it may be Due to water ingress in the sensor connecting plug. The Truma heater has now failed.confused3
The fun continues
Has anyone tried to replace the EC700 with a unit that actually works?  Because that’s the way it’s looking or  dump the van back at the dealership and walk away quickly clutching a cheque - well one can but dream !

Last edited by Skizzydo on Sun Mar 08, 2020 1:25 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Words missing in first narrative)
Skizzydo
Skizzydo

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by redcar56 Sun Mar 08, 2020 1:26 pm

Skizzydo wrote:The Haunted Snail tale still continues unabated. Fuses in the EC 700 unmarked as to system, Steps unable to retract after sometime and generous help from others finally found the u/s fuse. No information found regarding how to mechanically retract step. Totally useless handbook  for any sensible information.
After 9 months of frustration with failures on the trips we have managed to do , now have no confidence in the vehicle.  Water system went full when empty so unable to put water onboard from external  pump system until disconnecting the upper water sensor. I have been advised that  it may be Due to water ingress in the sensor connecting plug.
The fun continues
Has anyone tried to replace the EC700 with a unit that actually works?  Because that’s the way it’s looking or  dump the van back at the dealership and walk away quickly clutching a cheque - well one can but dream !
We had our 2019 Burford Duo converted back to the previous control system by the factory under warrenty after multiple EC700 failures, however this is only until they sort the EC700 then it’s being converted back.
The water sensors fail no matter what coNtrols you have
redcar56
redcar56

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Skizzydo Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:07 pm

Regarding the water sensor failure mine indicated full even when empty. It was suggested to me to get water on board through the external pump I removed the connection from the upper sensor   This led the water level to drop to 75% , then the external pump would work.
The Bourton was returned to the dealership this am  for fixing or whatever. It appears that the dealership doesn’t read the info on the forum or the problems which owners face, so ignorance is bliss  seems to be their philosophy, which doesn’t help anyone 
The adventures of the Haunted Snail continue unabated.
Skizzydo
Skizzydo

Male

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next