The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Well and truly spotted by Burlington Boaby

2 posters

Go down

Well and truly spotted by Burlington Boaby Empty Well and truly spotted by Burlington Boaby

Post by steamdrivenandy Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:06 am

It was brilliant to meet BB this evening and to chew the fat for a while. 

It was a case of a small world as we discovered that he used to work for Alfred Hymas Ltd, the hauliers  based in Burton Leonard, North Yorkshire, a village we lived in between 1993 and 2009. I remember his boss there, Maurice Hymas, with respect and affection, a lovely guy, sadly no longer with us. He took over the business at a very young age when his older brother was killed by a readful tipper wagon accident. His sons still run the business and it has a website and Facebook page. A true example of a business that developed and diversified over the decades.

BB a Scot with a Yorkshire accent. Let's hope we meet again.
steamdrivenandy
steamdrivenandy

Male

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : None

Back to top Go down

Well and truly spotted by Burlington Boaby Empty Re: Well and truly spotted by Burlington Boaby

Post by burlingtonboaby Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:41 pm

Hi Andy
Really nice to met you and your wife in person, hope you enjoyed the wee bittie Tablet.
Fair enjoyed the wee chat without any midge, nice this morning at dawn, beautiful sunrise .
Will keep an eye out for your desired A/S van Andy, a rare beast indeed.
Hope the weather holds for your run up north, it gets chilly up there.
Maurice was a great friendly boss, didn't need to employ me back in 1973, he must taken pity on me as an ex- squadie with a very young baby and wife living in a caravan .
RIP Maurice, I've tried to follow your example when I was a boss too.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down