The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bedding options and storage for Nuevo EK

+20
Pete Taylor
inspiredron
merv
pstallwood
Gromit
Beetee
steamdrivenandy
Flash
Page Turner
Molly3
Mike Cope
Askit
Quilter
harrysp
Paulmold
bikeralw
paul bullock
Knick-Knack
Dbvwt
Brunothedog
24 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Bedding options and storage for Nuevo EK - Page 3 Empty Bedding options and storage for Nuevo EK

Post by marconi Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:39 am

My advice try the bed(s) as they are before you start thinking about foam mattress topper(s). My wife is a real 'Princess and the pea' regarding beds. Previously we had a 45mm memory foam topper on a French bed, when we bought the Nuevo we made one exact fit single topper from it, it has never been used, the Nuevo is very comfortable even for her.
marconi
marconi

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Bedding options and storage for Nuevo EK - Page 3 Empty Re: Bedding options and storage for Nuevo EK

Post by Gromit Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:03 am

marconi wrote:My advice try the bed(s) as they are before you start thinking about foam mattress topper(s). My wife is a real 'Princess and the pea' regarding beds. Previously we had a 45mm memory foam topper on a French bed, when we bought the Nuevo we made one exact fit single topper from it, it has never been used, the Nuevo is very comfortable even for her.
Agreed entirely.  up!

Why go to needless extra hassle and expense . . . specially if you don't need to!
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Bedding options and storage for Nuevo EK - Page 3 Empty Re: Bedding options and storage for Nuevo EK

Post by Brunothedog Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:11 am

Thank you-I think I will take my pillow and have a kip in the nearest one to me when we next go on our travels!   There is no Nuevo currently available near me at the moment to try it out. Having said that we really do love the memory foam mattress topper on Esther the Vista - it was essential but it won’t be big enough though. I appreciate your comments and yes I definitely will try.    On a YouTube video I saw an independent person reviewing the Nuevo and saying never ever to buy one or anything from Marquis.  It must have only been made within the last six months. They said single bed so difficult to make up spinning the driver-side and having to release the handbrake etc. The person also had a gripe about many things but I keep an open mind on a lot of the things that he wasn’t happy about. It will serve as a good checklist though for when I go and look at them again. There must be many happy Nuevo users out there driving the newer models.  Thank you for your comments.

Gromit wrote:
marconi wrote:My advice try the bed(s) as they are before you start thinking about foam mattress topper(s). My wife is a real 'Princess and the pea' regarding beds. Previously we had a 45mm memory foam topper on a French bed, when we bought the Nuevo we made one exact fit single topper from it, it has never been used, the Nuevo is very comfortable even for her.
Agreed entirely.  up!

Why go to needless extra hassle and expense . . . specially if you don't need to!
Brunothedog
Brunothedog

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by Quilter Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:14 am

Gromit wrote:
Agreed entirely.  up!

However..

If you are using the single bed option, one of the disadvantages we found is that the duvets tend to slide off in the night as the bed is quite narrow. 

Using a Duvalay stops that. Making your own duvalay is cost free and also stops the slide.   You do not have to use memory foam in the bottom layer (ours is permanently on the seats) but simply attach the long side of your duvet cover to the long side of another duvet cover or single sheet. Duvet inserted into top cover,  joined seam against the wall, bottom duvet/sheet tucked under the cushion and a comfortable night. If you like you can popper or velcro the two together for easier washing and sew along the bottom to keep your feet warmer. If you have a separate mattress topper then you must put it in the duvet cover on the bottom.  

I've always felt that the job of putting it all together after washing should have been a Generation Game challenge.
Quilter
Quilter
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EK TB LP
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Bedding options and storage for Nuevo EK - Page 3 Empty Bedding options and storage for Nuevo EK

Post by marconi Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:41 am

Brunothedog wrote:    On a YouTube video I saw an independent person reviewing the Nuevo and saying never ever to buy one or anything from Marquis.  It must have only been made within the last six months. They said single bed so difficult to make up spinning the driver-side and having to release the handbrake etc. 

I saw that video and still bought a Nuevo. The video is quite old actually, I think he keeps re-posting it, several of the things do not apply. One major error that 'the folded towel man' makes is rotating the seat the wrong way, yes it takes two back and forth pushes to clear the steering wheel and handbrake whilst paying attention to the rotating of the drivers seat but its all quite logical, why he doesn't try rotating it the other way I don't understand.
marconi
marconi

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK

Back to top Go down

Post by steamdrivenandy Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:45 am

I think the conclusion  we reached on that video etc is that it should be taken with a pinch of salt. There's another one where a guy is complai ing his Symbol is too small. With such folk no brand can win.
steamdrivenandy
steamdrivenandy

Male

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : None

Back to top Go down

Post by Gromit Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:18 am

steamdrivenandy wrote:There's another one where a guy is complaining his Symbol is too small. With such folk no brand can win.
Well, I've heard it called a lot of things Andy . . . .  :0_blush:   Whistle1   lol4
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK LP

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:00 pm

I agree with all that has been said about the video which I only saw last night.  The "Auto-Sleepers NUEVO EK & ES Motorhome Owner's Manual" states on page 4-2 "It may be necessary to lower the handbrake in order to swivel the driver's seat.  In this case, ensure that first gear is engaged and the road wheels are chocked first." I took this at face value when I first swivelled the seat and found it caught on the brake.  It was only through this forum and after several days of use that I discovered there was no need to lower the brake.  Marquis didn't tell me anything about it and probably didn't know.  The Owner's Manual is hopelessly out of date in this and many other respects and is therefore misleading.  Auto-Sleepers need to do something about it.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymro Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:22 pm

Quilter wrote:
I've always felt that the job of putting it all together after washing should have been a Generation Game challenge.

I'll second that!!   We lay one used duvalay on the lounge carpet, and lay the clean cover parallel to it, with the zips, open side and open top in exactly the same position as the used one. We then extract the memory foam, and immediately place it inside the clean bag; then comes the duvet. It works!

However, in use the duvalays face each other, with the open sides facing into the aisle. That means that one cover must be turned. Quite a palavar, and certainly a Generation Game challenge!  As is draping a cover on the washing line!

Cymro
Cymro
Cymro
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES

Back to top Go down

Post by Brunothedog Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:37 pm

This makes me very happy! I didn’t think some of the things in the video were such a big deal (though I could see why he was unhappy if he’d been given the hard sell and wasn’t completely happy).  I thought the seat turning looked odd.  We have to move the seat in Esther the Vista a few times back and forth to turn it round.  Just relieved I think that people are having positive experiences from their Nuevo’s. Looking through a lot of forum posts it seems that people do a fair bit of tinkering with their vans. My husband is not a tinkerer so it needs to be right! I know we will have to adjust things a bit too our needs but I don’t think he’ll be changing water pumps or such things. 

marconi wrote:
Brunothedog wrote:    On a YouTube video I saw an independent person reviewing the Nuevo and saying never ever to buy one or anything from Marquis.  It must have only been made within the last six months. They said single bed so difficult to make up spinning the driver-side and having to release the handbrake etc. 

I saw that video and still bought a Nuevo. The video is quite old actually, I think he keeps re-posting it, several of the things do not apply. One major error that 'the folded towel man' makes is rotating the seat the wrong way, yes it takes two back and forth pushes to clear the steering wheel and handbrake whilst paying attention to the rotating of the drivers seat but its all quite logical, why he doesn't try rotating it the other way I don't understand.
Brunothedog
Brunothedog

Female

Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3