The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Recessed wind out awning on Nuevo 2009

Go down

Recessed wind out awning on Nuevo 2009 Empty Recessed wind out awning on Nuevo 2009

Post by Patrick Macdonald on Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:28 pm

i have recently bought a Nuevo with a recessed awning and am having difficulty locating the winder in the operating mechanism. any tips would be welcome.
Patrick Macdonald
Patrick Macdonald

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK
Vehicle Year : 2009

Back to top Go down

Recessed wind out awning on Nuevo 2009 Empty Re: Recessed wind out awning on Nuevo 2009

Post by Gromit on Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:38 pm

Fiddle with it!!  up!

It is a weird fitting, and not easy to describe. You have to push the winder in, turn it a little bit (but I forget which way) then ease it out again and it will engage.

Once you've got the knack it's still a pain in the rear, but at least you know what to expect. I think (assume??) the unusual fitting is so you can leave the winder dangling if you want the awning out for only a short time??

Hope this helps a bit.
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Recessed wind out awning on Nuevo 2009 Empty Re: Recessed wind out awning on Nuevo 2009

Post by Patrick Macdonald on Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:14 pm

Many thanks. Will fiddle about a bit>
Patrick Macdonald
Patrick Macdonald

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK
Vehicle Year : 2009

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown on Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:11 pm

I've had three Van's with that Omnistor awning. Just put winder in slot and turn clockwise to open and anti to close. If it's not that simple there is a fault.
Peter Brown
Peter Brown

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper : Malvern
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby on Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:22 pm

Patrick Macdonald wrote:i have recently bought a Nuevo with a recessed awning and am having difficulty locating the winder in the operating mechanism. any tips would be welcome.
Hi Patrick
I have an used recessed awning from on of my previous vans a 09 Nuevo EK es, I replaced it due to the awing sheet creasing on re winding the awning back into its casing .
You are welcome to take it away for spares if you cannot solve your problem with yours.Send me a P.M  if you want it .
To big and heavy to ship.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by oldfred on Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:43 pm

I use mine very little but it does need tight winding in before giving it a half turn out so that the panel on the side lines up with the body. If it's not tightly wound then the panel slips out a bit when you go on a bumpy ride.
Hope this helps
Fred
oldfred
oldfred

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : nuevo

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum