The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone used AS service centre since Mark left

+3
Paulmold
burlingtonboaby
CC
7 posters

Go down

Anyone used AS service centre since Mark left Empty Anyone used AS service centre since Mark left

Post by CC Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:06 pm

Just curious if anyone has used the Auto Sleepers service centre at willersey since Mark Burdett’s departure? 

We have a number of problems this trip which need to be sorted, contacting Auto-Sleepers via their contact form on their website was extremely frustrating as it kept stating my email contained web links and or HTML in the end their website company contacted me directly and finally admitted there was a fault with the web site and they will now fix it so at least others shouldn’t experience the same frustration.

Previously I always contacted Mark direct via his email which was really helpful, anyway we are back home now and finally I’ve made contact with their service centre staff a lady called Victoria Gay with a view to getting our issues looked at or sorted.

I do have reservations as Mark was always so good if I wasn’t happy about anything he would get the Motorhome back in the workshop and get any issues resolved and make sure I was happy before leaving. I thought after his leaving I wouldn’t use them again, but trying to get anyone locally to me to do anything is a total nightmare so not left with a great deal of choice... 

Our issues are:

1) Truma Combi heating and water heating no power
2) Led strip lights, drivers side & rear spotlights not working
3) Toilet leak into locker (as posted)
4) Rear window falling out (probably due to bike rack - confirmed by AS)  

That’s without the cracked wash basin, and cracked shower floor! rolleyes

Now on 25k so not overly used...

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Anyone used AS service centre since Mark left Empty Re: Anyone used AS service centre since Mark left

Post by burlingtonboaby Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:21 pm

Hi CC
The technical team down in Derby may be able to help with your Truma unit problems.
01283587960 or technical@trumauk.com, if you go onto their website they have a contact page for you to explain your problem.
hope this helps
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Anyone used AS service centre since Mark left Empty Re: Anyone used AS service centre since Mark left

Post by CC Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:29 pm

Yes I did contact Truma UK or so I thought when I was away Boaby, they got back to me from their head office in Europe but said I’d have to ring their service centre over here to get it booked in which still might happen... However with the other issues that have cropped up while away this trip will most probably get Willersey to look at the lot, will see how I get on but thanks for that email as I didn’t have it previously up!

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:51 pm

CC wrote:Yes I did contact Truma UK or so I thought when I was away Boaby, they got back to me from their head office in Europe but said I’d have to ring their service centre over here to get it booked in which still might happen... However with the other issues that have cropped up while away this trip will most probably get Willersey to look at the lot, will see how I get on but thanks for that email as I didn’t have it previously up!
The last contact I had with them was to cancel a service appointment, the receptionist was pleased I had phoned to cancel as they have a 6 week waiting list ( 3 weeks ago).
Hope all goes well   up!    Did you see the 2012 Broadway El in Bridlington, or was it the newer model.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:00 pm

Just looked Boaby it’s the earlier model like ours unfortunately which we are now trying to get away from... They just look so dated nowadays compared to what else is out there.

AS told me today they are taking bookings for a week plus so hoping to get down there within the next couple of weeks, looks like it’s going to be a solo trip which will be fun  uncertain 

Just a bit anxious as to the service I’m likely to receive, haven’t been overly impressed in the past except for Mark getting stuff corrected, he was like my insurance policy if you like!

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:07 pm

Hope it all goes well, if your staying the night away from the van then the Bell Inn has comfy rooms ,meals are good too.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:12 pm

This is a quote from a post by Rolyan...

"I’ve recently had to contact Auto-Sleepers servicing. I spoke to someone called Alan who I think is the new servicing manager. 

I can honestly say that he could not have been more helpful. He helped me source parts, he advised what I needed, he discussed the job, and even offered to help if my garage needed to ring him."

Ths Alan mentioned is Alan Curry , Customer Services Manager who seems to have stood in for the time being.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:00 am

Booked in for next week so will update with my actual experience

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Slow-Lane Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:59 pm

Hi All
We recently purchased a 2006 Pollensa on a Ford Transit base vehicle. We bought it privately and it hadn't had a service or habitation check for a while so we booked it into Willersey for both, plus brake fluid change and a new auxiliary belt. This was our first visit to Willersey so we can't compare with previous arrangements, but the booking staff were helpful and the chaps doing the Hab. check were very chatty and informative about various issues we raised. Although we've hired Auto-Sleepers before this is our first purchase and they were most helpful. They sorted out a bad connection on the leisure battery. The only complaint I have is that the metal front to the gas/electric fire wasn't clipped back into place quite right so it rattled, but this wasn't something that they would have known - only when I drove it did it become apparent and was a work of moments to rectify it.  I was happy with the service I received and will be returning again for next year's servicing.
Slow-Lane
Slow-Lane
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Pollensa
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingham Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:10 pm

Several weeks ago I submitted an online technical submission to AS and after getting no response, I rang them directly. 
The lady that answered the phone apologised for the fact that no one had responded, but claimed the loss of one of their technical team could be to blame (I assume this was Mark).
She wasn’t able to answer my query, but took details of it, along with my mobile number and promised that someone would look at my web submission and be in touch.

To date, I am still awaiting the promised contact, but a 3 week holiday in the van and an extremely busy schedule have prevented me chasing this up so far  so_sad

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 62
Auto-Sleeper : Kingham
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by andyh Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:05 am

First time to use AS so a few weeks ago I called the service dept on the phone to discuss my requirements, and book the vehicle in.
I had a couple of questions subsequently that I sent using the online form, and later emailed (using an address for the service department taken from the main AS website) but neither of these ever got a reply...
On the day itself, the reception from all AS staff was very good, the work was done well, quickly, and with a clear and helpful handover. The price was fair too. So, all in all, I'd use AS again - but I'd contact them via old-fashioned telephone!
andyh
andyh

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by Mt67minimotos Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:54 pm

Went to autosleeper service center today
2 1/2 hours later the habitation check done,microwave secured,rear roof blind fixed,transfers replaced
I personally would not consider going anywhere else
Service I received was first class
To be honest I’ve owned my Warwick xl from new (2018) and have not been very happy with the build quality,but after my visit today,and talking with a technician,having all my issues done under warranty,it’s restored my faith in them
Mt67minimotos
Mt67minimotos
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick XL

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:53 am

Slow-Lane wrote:Hi All
We recently purchased a 2006 Pollensa on a Ford Transit base vehicle. We bought it privately and it hadn't had a service or habitation check for a while so we booked it into Willersey for both, plus brake fluid change and a new auxiliary belt. This was our first visit to Willersey so we can't compare with previous arrangements, but the booking staff were helpful and the chaps doing the Hab. check were very chatty and informative about various issues we raised. Although we've hired Auto-Sleepers before this is our first purchase and they were most helpful. They sorted out a bad connection on the leisure battery. The only complaint I have is that the metal front to the gas/electric fire wasn't clipped back into place quite right so it rattled, but this wasn't something that they would have known - only when I drove it did it become apparent and was a work of moments to rectify it.  I was happy with the service I received and will be returning again for next year's servicing.
Hi
Welcome to the forum from sunny dawn Bridlington 
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:15 pm

CC wrote:Booked in for next week so will update with my actual experience
Would be good to know your thoughts CC

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:07 pm

Paulmold wrote:
CC wrote:Booked in for next week so will update with my actual experience
Would be good to know your thoughts CC

Sorry for the delay updating this thread and my experience, unfortunately we have to return for further work as a pcb needed to be ordered for the Truma combi heater. We had to have the Sargent power supply replaced which I will cover in more detail in my next update.

The customer experience seems considerably different without Mark, the friendly & rather curvaceous receptionist acknowledges your booking but then you seem to liaise with the fitters as to what needs doing, whereas before this was done directly with Mark (in our experience anyway) 

Always found the service centre reasonable previously for charges but have a gripe about the cost of the Sargent unit AS supplied which was a lot more than I could have purchased it directly from Sargent myself, however I will cover this in more detail and give a proper update after our next visit and completion of the work.

CC

Male

Back to top Go down