The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Autosleeper Neuvo owners experience please

+6
murph
Actionmike
CC
burlingtonboaby
deckie
happyhelen
10 posters

Go down

Autosleeper Neuvo owners experience please Empty Autosleeper Neuvo owners experience please

Post by happyhelen Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:04 pm

Have just posted one question and am new to this but its great to share experience.
Have just ploughed all our savings into a 2007 low mileage Neuvo and about to pick it up end of week but anxious if we have done the right thing!! Previous camper van struggled up hills so keen to know the engine is ok and enough power to pull the vehice.
Neuvo owners please reassure me you love yours and its a great van (if thats the case). Just thinking about the amount of money I think!
Any comments or helpful tips or advice learnt through experience will be gratefully accepted.

Thanks HH
happyhelen
happyhelen

Auto-Sleeper : Neuvo

Back to top Go down

Autosleeper Neuvo owners experience please Empty Re: Autosleeper Neuvo owners experience please

Post by deckie Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:12 pm

hi-2010 Happyhelen,

Welcome to the forum,

Great user-name by the way up!

Can't help with the Neuvo though ... (far too poor biggrin )

Brian & Chris

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper : Clubman GL

Back to top Go down

Autosleeper Neuvo owners experience please Empty Re-Nuevo owners experience

Post by burlingtonboaby Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:02 pm

Hi HH
If its the Boxer X250 model you are getting then I can say mine is a great van, If you are getting the 2.0Ltr van then i will have pass on this topic to one of the other members.
Boaby up!
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Autosleeper Neuvo owners experience please Empty Re: Autosleeper Neuvo owners experience please

Post by CC Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:13 pm

Hi Helen

We know exactly how you feel... we paid a considerable sum for our Nuevo several months back and were hesitant incase we hadn't done the right thing, but in all honesty it's the best thing we did! Our previous Trident camper struggled on some hills, it was fine on short steep hills just hills over a gradual inclines and it would just run out of steam (nothing a bit of gear changing didn't fix) but our Nuevo is totally different, we have a hill on the way home from Kings Lynn that in the Trident we had to go into third, the Nuevo will pull up the hill in 5th with barely a decrease in speed... you do not need to worry the engines are very powerful with turbos and have vast amounts of torque!

We love the Nuevo, the layout works very well for us and we use the two benches as single beds... storage coming from a van conversion is incredible... in the Trident we were at the limit but we are yet to more than half fill the Nuevo (despite taking more gear) on the several trips away since having it, which we still find amazing. The bathroom is superb and you will love the swing wall which gives you a seperate shower cubicle, the shower also works incredibly well. You will also love the external storage like access to the under bed locker, as well as the lower wet locker which is a god send for cables, chocks etc.

Driving the X250 Boxer base is excellent, at first I found the ride harsh but this was mainly down to incorrect tyre pressures. It feels reassuringly glued to the road unlike our Trident which you had to take roundabouts with extreme caution as it would wallow around and lean over, the Trident had a real soft ride but since driving our Nuevo I think the X250 is a superior drive but it does take a little adjustment until you get used to it.

What many fail to remember is the boxer X250 base was built from the ground up to be a motorhome. The Sevel factory (PSA) was / is a joint venture between Peugeot, Citroen and Fiat who produce all the vehicles but with just different name badges on, it's not just a work van that's converted... it was purposely designed and built for the motohome industry which is why it's now the most commonly used base vehicle for conversions by all the major convertors.

The Nuevo has always been one of Auto-Sleepers best sellers since it was launched in 2002 and that's because it's a very workable layout that seems very spacious (despite being compact on the outside) and it is very bright and airey, the huge Heki rooflight helps achieve this and offers welcome ventilation in hot weather. We had a number of rattles in our Nuevo, infact when we drove it at the dealers our hearts sank it was that bad, having worked through most of these since owning it though I can honestly say it drives almost silently now so don't let that put you off as it is fixable.

Hope this helps, there are a number of other Nuevo owners who should be able to reassure you up!

CC

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Actionmike Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:59 am

Hi Happyhelen,
we bought our Nuevo in Dec' last year, best thing we've done!!. Had a '91 AS 2.5TD Talisman before, our Nuevo is a '07 3.0ltr, Wow! Pulls like a train, goes like a rocket, and returns 27mpg! We want a big engine to tow things later on, so its ideal for us. Ours is very quiet at speed aswell, you can have a normal conversation at 70mph, only minor rattles from the back. Great van. Hope you have fun!. Mike
Actionmike
Actionmike

Male

Auto-Sleeper : NUEVO EK 3.0
Vehicle Year : 2007

Back to top Go down

Autosleeper Neuvo owners experience please Empty neuvo owners experience

Post by murph Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:57 am

Hi Helen,
Ours is a Lancashire which is a Marquis special version of the Neuvo, so my comments will apply to yours. 2007 was about the change over period from MK1 (ours) to mk 2 the X250 model as owned by Cruizing Comet and others, note the different shaped headlights between my avatar and some later ones. Ours is a 2.2 litre engine the more powerfull of the 2 engines available, which I find adequate for power but I do not rush about like some, for me 60mph on motorways, and 40 to 50 on normal roads is plenty, what I particularly like about the Neuvo design is the ability to park (almost) within a normal parking space wheels inside with only a couple of feet overhang at the front. however the space inside though adequate for 2 is rather cramped if you want to use it as a 4 berth, we like the luton (above the cab) for the extra storage space. You dont say which engine you have but If you have the 2 litre, the smaller one, and you find it unaceptable climbing hills I would suggest that you have the engine remapped but specify that you want extra torque not top end power, I had one van we owned done and it made a huge difference to its drivability.

Brian
murph
murph

Male

Member Age : 86
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire EK,ES.

Back to top Go down

Autosleeper Neuvo owners experience please Empty Autosleeper Neuvo owners experience please

Post by peugeotboxer Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:10 pm

Hi happyhelen

Welcome to the forum

PB
peugeotboxer
peugeotboxer
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Harmony
Vehicle Year : 2000

Back to top Go down

Autosleeper Neuvo owners experience please Empty Neuvo advice

Post by happyhelen Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:49 pm

Not really sure about when I post a reply if its to all the responses or one in particular but just want to say thanks to all who responded. I do feel reassured somewhat. Sounds daft but its been a big jump to purchase a Neuvo from our 19 year old Renault recro.
Not really sure which model it is we are waiting to collect but guess it must be one of the latest models of the Mk1 from the comments made, it is a 2007, 2.0 litre and has the older style of headlights. Hoping to collect on Friday.
Again thanks for advice all. Hope to be able to share in discussions.

HH :
happyhelen
happyhelen

Auto-Sleeper : Neuvo

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:57 pm

Yes it sounds like you do have the Series1 Helen like Murph's Lancashire...

I have an interesting review where the two models were compared, if I can find it I will post it as it was an interesting read. Some of the ASOC members who participated preferred the Series1 over the newer SeriesII Nuevo's. Don't forget to push the dealer to fit the swivel seat base at their expense not yours.... up!

CC

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL Duo

Back to top Go down

Autosleeper Neuvo owners experience please Empty Neovo experience

Post by murph Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:41 am

Hi All,
I prefer the series 1 because it is 9 inches shorter and easier to park(no crumple zone in the bonnet area) but the washroom in the series 2 is far superior, it is only slightly larger but the layout in my humble opinion is much better. If you dont use the shower in the van(we do all the time) it wont matter much.

Brian
murph
murph

Male

Member Age : 86
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire EK,ES.

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:18 am

For those with Nuevo's or those considering one, here is a report I found on them (I kept it as we would consider one if ever we decide to change) which you may find interesting..

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Paulmold
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo

Back to top Go down

Post by breakaleg Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:00 am

Hi HappyHelen,
We have a 06 Lancashire like Murph, almost perfect in all respects, I am six foot four and everything fits beds/seats/shower/headroom etc
Regularly get 32mpg even with a tank of water on board, flies up hills with excellent acceleration when needed.
Pete
breakaleg
breakaleg

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo Ek
Vehicle Year : 2021

Back to top Go down

Autosleeper Neuvo owners experience please Empty Happy Helen

Post by shapfell Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:34 pm

Hi There. I have had a 2003 Nuevo on a 2.0ltr Peugeot base vehicle owned since 2006. Have done many miles in it. Engine can labour up the hills when loaded but the gearing is good enough to get you up them easily. I manage around 30 - 35 miles to the gallonin it which is good. There are a few shortcomings in it, like I wish the bathroom fittings had been of better quality, the doors fall open etc and the shower track has hairline in cracks in it but the cab interior is better made than most others. One problem I have encountered very recently, and seen another Nuevo with same problem, is regarding the leisure battery. When it no longer holds a charge for long try to remember to turn the switch back to vehicle battery on the console as I discovered to my cost this can be a problem if you don't. Smoke came out from under the seat and I found that one of the fuses had melted. The dead battery was stilll being charged and it caused meltdown. I found this out the hard way. Getting a replacement fuse and relay box is proving a challenge!! I am a solo lady traveller and with two dogs and a cat on board I have found it a great vehicle, in spite of the battery prob. You will enjoy owning it and Autosleeper help is of the best.
shapfell
shapfell

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo

Back to top Go down