The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Swivel seats + security Autosleeper Neuvo

+6
roli
murph
grasscutter
Huchon
CC
happyhelen
10 posters

Go down

Swivel seats + security Autosleeper Neuvo Empty Swivel seats + security Autosleeper Neuvo

Post by happyhelen Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:04 pm

We are about to pick up our 2007 EK Neuvo from a dealer. We have asked for the drivers seat to be changed to swivel and are pondering whether we should have extra security fitted. It just has the standard immobiliser at present. Is it worth having an alarm fitted and / or a security device on the rear door? We previously had an old Renault Recro (Autosleeper - which is what got us hooked on Autosleeper) but this is much newer and different altogether. Any advice or tips would be greatly received.

Thanks HH
happyhelen
happyhelen

Auto-Sleeper : Neuvo

Back to top Go down

Swivel seats + security Autosleeper Neuvo Empty Re: Swivel seats + security Autosleeper Neuvo

Post by CC Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:18 pm

Hi Happyhelen

The Nuevo seat should fully rotate / swivel as standard ?

As for extra security, personally I don't think you really need it... we have 24hr CCTV monitoring our property which also has a detection alarm option to alert you of activity, and a decent wheel clamp. But the least I would have is a good quality wheel clamp while it's on your drive is probably the best investment against theft. You could go for an alarm but in my experience when they go off no one seems unduly bothered anyway but it may panic the thief to decamp in a hurry content

Here is our clamp

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

More info here [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

CC

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Swivel seats + security Autosleeper Neuvo Empty New to Neuvo

Post by happyhelen Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:58 pm

Hi CC

Thanks for reply.
Can I check with you about the swivel seats being standard. Im assuming it is an EK as the kitchen is at the end. It is an 07 model, 2 berth but the dealer told us it only had one swivel seat on the passenger seat and we would have to pay to have one fitted on the drivers seat???

Also we have ploughed all our savings into this and are feeling a bit apprehensive if we have gone for the right motorhome. Are you happy with it. What about engine performance (our camper van struggled to get up hills)

Thanks HH
happyhelen
happyhelen

Back to top Go down

Swivel seats + security Autosleeper Neuvo Empty Re: Swivel seats + security Autosleeper Neuvo

Post by CC Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:21 pm

happyhelen wrote:Hi CC

Thanks for reply.
Can I check with you about the swivel seats being standard. Im assuming it is an EK as the kitchen is at the end. It is an 07 model, 2 berth but the dealer told us it only had one swivel seat on the passenger seat and we would have to pay to have one fitted on the drivers seat???

Don't understand as the Nuevo's seats rotate fully so you can use the two bench seats as single beds, without this feature you wouldn't be able to use the beds in a single bed configuration shrugg I'm pretty sure this is a standard feature on all Nuevos unless I'm mistaken, if so someone will soon correct me.

I would double check with the dealer and explain about the beds and it not being possible to use them as singles without the seat turning and see what they say? They could just be trying it on or the previous owner could have made alterations? either way you shouldn't have to pay as most dealers would include something like this in the cost even if they did have to change it! (remember they make enough profit to cover stuff like this)

I have responded to your other questions in your other post in order to keep this thread on topic.

CC

Male

Back to top Go down

Swivel seats + security Autosleeper Neuvo Empty swivel seats

Post by Huchon Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:04 pm

Just to confirm CC

we have just bought a 2006 Nuevo EK and both the passenger and the drivers seats swivel, otherwise you cannot use the seats as single beds, not long enough.

H

Huchon
Huchon

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo

Back to top Go down

Swivel seats + security Autosleeper Neuvo Empty swivel seats

Post by grasscutter Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:19 pm

I have just looked at the A/S Peugeot range brochure for 2007 and both Nuevos are definitely specified with driver & passenger swivel seats. G
grasscutter
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : sigma

Back to top Go down

Swivel seats + security Autosleeper Neuvo Empty Neuvo security

Post by murph Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:09 am

Here is another security idea, simply a bolt with a hole in it with a piece of metal welded to it as a handle. Our van has a hole in the swivel and a hole in the base which line up and acommodate the bolt which can be locked with the padlock.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Brian
murph
murph

Male

Member Age : 86
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire EK,ES.

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:42 am

You continue to amaze me Brian - good idea but so simple
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Swivel seats + security Autosleeper Neuvo Empty security

Post by murph Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:06 pm

Hi All,
A further thought on this one, if the vehicle is in long term storage you could fit it with an ordinary bolt, head end up preferably with a lock nut underneath or you could fit the padlock underneath to make it more difficult to get at . Then with the drivers seat slid towards the steering wheel it would be covered up and not obvious even if the potential thief moved the seat. Of course there is nothing you can do against the serious thief with a recovery truck as they would just hook up the winch drag it up the ramp and drive off.

Brian
murph
murph

Male

Back to top Go down

Swivel seats + security Autosleeper Neuvo Empty Swivel seats

Post by happyhelen Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:51 pm

I rang the dealers today to put to them that the swivel seats should be standard and that the two single beds were not an option without them. (I had actually mentioned this when we visited as the spec blurb displayed on the van stated single bed options but it was not long enough on the driver side without the swivel seat). I was told the van was a used van and was bought as it is and perhaps the previous owner had changed it. So we will have to pay for it ourselves. Anyway I tried!
We live a long way from the dealer so just hope all is well (I know advice is to buy near home!!)

Finding this forum very helpful. Thanks all.

HH
happyhelen
happyhelen

Back to top Go down

Post by DuxDeluxe Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:23 pm

I wonder why it was changed in the first place? Strange...... Very best of luck with the new van - enjoy it, up!
DuxDeluxe
DuxDeluxe
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Ex Broadway Crown

Back to top Go down

Swivel seats + security Autosleeper Neuvo Empty swivels

Post by murph Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:32 am

Hi Helen,
Swivels are not a difficult thing to fit, 6 nuts and bolts and 2 allan screws, and could be supplied by most dealers. If you are not up for it yourself then maybe you have a friend with a bit more expertise, or a dealer nearer home. If that is the dealers attitude I would not give them the job except as a last resort.

Brian
murph
murph

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by deckie Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:51 am

happyhelen wrote:I rang the dealers today to put to them that the swivel seats should be standard and that the two single beds were not an option without them. (I had actually mentioned this when we visited as the spec blurb displayed on the van stated single bed options but it was not long enough on the driver side without the swivel seat). I was told the van was a used van and was bought as it is and perhaps the previous owner had changed it. So we will have to pay for it ourselves. Anyway I tried!
We live a long way from the dealer so just hope all is well (I know advice is to buy near home!!)

Finding this forum very helpful. Thanks all.

HH

Hi Helen,

Pity you didn't take a pic of this at the time, as therefore "Not fit for purpose" ...... I think another call to the dealer is in order ..... mentioning the "power of the internet" and "name and shame" ...... (as they are a long way from you .. perhaps they will then send a swivel out !!)

Good luck,

Brian

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 79
Auto-Sleeper : Clubman GL

Back to top Go down

Swivel seats + security Autosleeper Neuvo Empty Mean dealer and swivels!

Post by happyhelen Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:52 pm

I'm afraid we agreed to the swivel being fitted and to paying for it (I think it was about £180) when were up in Lancashire last week viewing the motorhomes. We then came back home to South Wales and it was only after finding out more info from you forum guys that we realised that they were fitted as standard and also perhaps how easy it may have been to do it ourselves or have it done here. I did ring the dealers and actually spoke to one of the directors and did plead the "fit for purpose line" but to no avail. He said it was bought as it is now. We travel back up there on Friday to collect. Hindsight is a wonderful thing but we live and learn. You never know they may pleasantly surprise us when we go up!
Anyway at least I feel more confident now about the vehicle we are about to acquire and the possible little things to look out for. Will let you know how it goes!

HH
happyhelen
happyhelen

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:05 pm

Hi Happy Helen... think I tend to go along with deckie that it seems quite mean of the dealer not to fix the seat base for you at their cost shrugg it costs a lot less for them to do it than what they are likely to charge you and most "reputable dealers" are quite accommodating. When we viewed our Nuevo at Spinney motorhomes the sales manager Andrew Cooper told us to take the vehicle for a drive, then make a list with anything we were unhappy about, we presented him with a list of things we felt needed doing and he was happy to address all of them.. Admitedly, some of the fixes were not necessarily sorted that well and have since been put right (at our expense) by Auto-Sleepers but that's another story...

What I'm trying to say is, if the dealer was so reluctant to replace the base for you then I would be very wary of the aftersales and hope you have some kind of warranty in place, personally speaking if it were me I'd like to think I would have had the strength to walk away (probably would have changed his mind) but I understand when you've been looking for sometime how much effort it takes and at the end of the day it's probably the vehicle for you.. so I wish you well and hope it all works out for you!

Keep us posted on your Nuevo when you get it home gimmefive

CC

Male

Back to top Go down

Swivel seats + security Autosleeper Neuvo Empty swivels

Post by murph Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:35 pm

Hi Helen,
You have a private message, to read click on you have 1 new massage at the top of the page.

Brian
murph
murph

Male

Back to top Go down

Swivel seats + security Autosleeper Neuvo Empty Taken delivery of new Nuevo

Post by happyhelen Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:06 pm

After discussion about the swivel seats took delivery of our van. Did end up having to pay for Driver seat swivel to be put in but dealers argued second hand vehicles are sold as they are (with any adaptions made or not). Suppose it can work both ways as it had an awning and bike carrier with back box. Previous owner used part of bike bars but removed others and had a box on. Dealers gave us spare bars to convert to carrier if needed and also hook up lead as none left in van. So in end was happy.

Had a long drive home and good try out and seems good. (Two lots of people came up to us during pre-delivery session to say they had Nuevos and loved them so looking forward to trips ahead.

Have realised was spelling Nuevo wrong previously (Neuvo). No excuses for Teacher!!!
happyhelen
happyhelen

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:59 pm

Glad to hear you now have your Nuevo HappyHelen, now all you have to do is travel and enjoy yourself in it! up!

CC

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by deckie Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:12 pm

Hi Helen,

Glad all turned out OK in the end and you had a safe trip back up!

Naw ryte uht 100 tyms "eye muzt jet mi spelin crect" hugegrins

Brian

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 79
Auto-Sleeper : Clubman GL

Back to top Go down

Swivel seats + security Autosleeper Neuvo Empty Swivel Seats

Post by besty Mon May 21, 2012 9:20 pm

Just to change the subject slightly.... I can manage to completely swivel my passenger seat through 180 degrees but seem to have a problem of the steering wheel in the way when it comes to the driver seat! I know there is a lever which allows the steering wheel to be moved but even after playing with that the seat still doesn't swivel 180 degrees. Is it me or ....! scratch head

My vehicle is a 2001 model Nuevo
besty
besty

Male

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo 2001 model

Back to top Go down

Swivel seats + security Autosleeper Neuvo Empty seat swivel

Post by murph Tue May 22, 2012 8:16 am

Hi Besty,
Ease of swiveling depends on the angle of the seat backrest, if it is leaned back a bit it fouls the steering wheel or the door armrest, when rotating the seat use the knob which alters the backrest angle to adjust to a position where you have clearance.

Brian
murph
murph

Male

Back to top Go down

Swivel seats + security Autosleeper Neuvo Empty Swivel Seats

Post by besty Tue May 22, 2012 4:50 pm

Thank you Brian, I've only had the vehicle for 5 years and never worked this out!!!!!!! rolleyes
besty
besty

Male

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo 2001 model

Back to top Go down

Swivel seats + security Autosleeper Neuvo Empty Swivel seats Nuevo E,K

Post by Neuvosleeper Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:36 pm

I have a 2011 E.K purchased from "Spinney" May last year, I dealt with Andrew Cooper, after a ding dong with the salesman there re P.X. value,,Andrew is sales manager and was more than helpful when I explained the error made by his charge, I'm sure he would have supplied the "swivel" necessary to put this problem to bed, anyway this dealer in Lancashire did'nt inspect the camper very well on valuing it / purchase, I bet it was "bought in cheap" what miles has it done ? the previous owner is who I would have a word with and get the history, its always worth doing and usually puts minds at rest, fingers crossed. £180- 00 bit steep too " we all should avoid these creeps " usually about £4000 smackers are earned on a s/h sale. Its a rip off hobby. Sorry H.H. for my late 4 penath been away North of the Border for 6 weeks, used both swivels every night !!. Brian K. lets_dance
Neuvosleeper
Neuvosleeper

Male

Member Age : 87
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo 11
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Swivel seats + security Autosleeper Neuvo Empty seat swivels

Post by murph Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:32 am

Hi All,
I do know who Helen's dealer is, they are well known, and I always thought them to be reputable, but this to me lowers thier tone, and means that if anyone asked me about them I would advise them to be very careful, haggle strongly, or if this fails walk away. they have lost their reputation in my eyes.

Brian
murph
murph

Male

Back to top Go down