The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Broadway EKTBLP door and drawer

3 posters

Go down

Broadway EKTBLP door and drawer Empty Broadway EKTBLP door and drawer

Post by Eribiste Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:11 pm

Here's a conundrum for you. I've just done a snagging inspection of what will (probably) be our new Broadway EK TB LP. I say probably because, on this layout, there is a significant design oversight with respect to the cutlery drawer and the habitation door.

Despite having just come off the stand at the NEC, the vehicle is in lovely order, generally. However, when the habitation door is closed, the cutlery drawer can only be opened by about 4 inches (not 100mm; no devil's measure here thank you!) before it strikes the interior handle of the habitation door. Might not be a problem on a nice day on site with the door open and the awning out, but stopped in a layby for a mid trip coffee? A bit inconvenient at the very least. Has anybody else noticed this? It looks to me like a bit of a re-think is going to be needed at Willersey to square this one away.

I'm not one to accept a codge, I expect a proper fix, but I don't know what that's going to entail, and I've got a handover date of 14th March looming.
Eribiste
Eribiste

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EK TB LP
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by cyclo Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:04 am

On the 2018 models the cutlery drawer on EK models will not pull out fully with the habitation door closed. The habitation door is a Hartal with a long vertical handle.

When fully withdrawn the cutlery drawer opens 11 inches, when the habitation door is closed this is limited to 10 inches. This is not perfect but we have not found it

to be a problem. The habitation doors have now been changed to Metalarte and have a short handle as used to be the case on pre 2018 Hartal doors. When I looked 

at a 2019 model the cutlery drawer could be fully opened with the habitation door closed. As far as I am aware the cutlery drawers and habitation doors are the same

on all Peugeot EK models perhaps someone with another model could confirm this. I have also seen photographs of a new model with the cutlery drawer fully open

and the habitation door closed. If the vehicle you have looked at is different I wonder why. A bit long winded but I hope this helps.

David
cyclo
cyclo

Male

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EKTBLP
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by cyclo Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:47 am

It may be worth checking that the drawer is fitted correctly in the sliding mechanism. It is possible with some drawers to

fit them incorrectly which will allow them to open & close but not in the correct position.

David
cyclo
cyclo

Male

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EKTBLP
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Broadway EKTBLP door and drawer Empty Re: Broadway EKTBLP door and drawer

Post by merv Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:28 pm

Our 2016 Broadway  cutlery drawer was exactly as Eribiste describes.  We simply transferred the cutlery tray to the second drawer down under the sink. We use the limited opening drawer for bits and bobs that we don't use often.
merv

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : Symbol Plus

Back to top Go down

Broadway EKTBLP door and drawer Empty Re: Broadway EKTBLP door and drawer

Post by Eribiste Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:28 pm

Before this Broadway we had a 2016 Nuevo EK TB LP, which I thought has the same layout as Broadway aft of the 'fridge. That bus gave us no difficulty at all with the drawer and door handle, so it was a surprise to find the new door type puts the handle in the way of the drawer. If there does turn out to be no correction I guess we'll just have to get used to using another drawer; not a big drama.

Just a thought, you don't suppose these vans are really made in Italy.......
Eribiste
Eribiste

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EK TB LP

Back to top Go down