The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Autosleeper Sigma Fresh Water Tank Cap

4 posters

Go down

Autosleeper Sigma Fresh Water Tank Cap Empty Autosleeper Sigma Fresh Water Tank Cap

Post by grasscutter Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:26 pm

I have often thought that the outlet system fromthe Fresh Tank does not allow comprehensive flushing of the tank. The outlet pipe exits a few cms. above the bottom and the pipe itself wanders upwards under the van before reaching the tap which itself can be lowered but to little effect so far as extracting the residual contents. The other day I detected a drip below the Tank and on inspection realised that there was a 15 cms. dia. approx. screw cap complete with finger lugs in the centre of the bottom. The drip was sorted by wiping the rubber seal of the cap and retightening. It was surprising just how much water was still in the tank when I had supposedly 'drained' it via the tap. Am I the only idiot who who was not aware that this cleaning access was there. The Manual doesn't mention it, only that the waste tank has such a thing in the top but you need to drop it for access. Waterproofs are advisable. G
grasscutter
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : sigma

Back to top Go down

Autosleeper Sigma Fresh Water Tank Cap Empty Re: Autosleeper Sigma Fresh Water Tank Cap

Post by roli Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:01 am

You are not an idiot as you found the problem. If you dont have a handbook for the vehicle or the handbook doesnt explain these things how are you expected to know ?
One of the greatest features of online forums is the exchange of information quickly when we find things out.
Thanks for posting your findings
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Autosleeper Sigma Fresh Water Tank Cap Empty Re: Autosleeper Sigma Fresh Water Tank Cap

Post by nzowner Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:57 am

Hi G.
Pleased to hear the fix is simple as I have just returned from an extensive trip with the same leak problem. Had to drain tank before boarding ferry to avoid being accused of allowing waste to discharge inappropriately (we are a little neurotic about such things in New Zealand!). On preliminary inspection back home managed to reduce the leak to a drip by tightening the inspection cover a little by hand, which we will live with for our next trip. I was then proposing to assist tightening using rubber mallet on the finger lugs but now I think I will inspect the rubber seal thanks.
nzowner
nzowner

Auto-Sleeper : Sigma EK

Back to top Go down

Post by grasscutter Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:48 am

hi NZ, Glad to hear of the quick fix. I know what you mean about the NZ carefulness from when I flew into Aukland a few years ago to visit a cousin and do some fly fishing. I had the ignominy of being sprayed like a rose bush on board and then after landing having my waders taken away and dunked in something. Cheers G
grasscutter
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : sigma

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:13 pm

Our Nuevo has this same red screw cap and we also had a small leak / drip from it... someone had previously had a go at sealing it and made a right pigs ear of it as there was silicone all over the tank, so when we went to Auto-Sleepers recently they looked at it and said it needed re-sealing... the tank had to be dry so we had to drain it the day before, they then removed the cap and cleaned all the gunk off before resealing it with "special sealant" and we had to then leave it a minimum of 3-4 days before refilling the tank, been fine ever since! Can't say what sealant they used as they never said but they did say standard silicone is not suitable.

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down