The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Burglars - Shopping Early For Christmas !!

4 posters

Go down

Burglars - Shopping Early For Christmas !! Empty Burglars - Shopping Early For Christmas !!

Post by Kingham Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:58 pm

I reviewed my home CCTV earlier and at 3.55am on Thursday, a dark coloured estate car parked up in my cul-de-sac, three lads got out, with their faces covered and started checking my house and my immediate neighbours’. Thankfully, they paid very little attention to my van, other than a quick glance in the passenger door window.
They were in the street less than 3 minutes, before driving off and because the car was side on to my cameras, I couldn’t read the registration number.

My bedroom windows are fully open tonight and being a light sleeper, I’m guessing I’ll be up at every little noise censored!

Local beat officer is popping round tomorrow to review the footage.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 61
Auto-Sleeper : Kingham
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Burglars - Shopping Early For Christmas !! Empty Re: Burglars - Shopping Early For Christmas !!

Post by Askit Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:21 am

We had "visitors" earlier this year in our back garden, they appear to have looked around and left our greenhouse door open after taking a large plastic bottle. They tried to lever open our neighbours patio door and smash their lower rear window using the bottle filled with water scratch head (where my neighbour had left a laptop in full view). Although they weren't successful, a significant amount of damage was done. My neighbours were at home during all this and heard nothing.

I've got a security light and alarm but there's only so much you can do, like not leaving temptation in full view shrugg

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Neuvo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Burglars - Shopping Early For Christmas !! Empty Re: Burglars - Shopping Early For Christmas !!

Post by RogerThat Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:30 am

It's worrying for sure.

Our neighbour opposite was broken in to just a few months ago.  Two lads threw a brick though their conservatory door, they (and we) never heard a thing...

I've since bought two of these:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00WG2VVV2/

I've stuck one one the outside living room window (Velcro) and one on the conservatory.

The chime / plug is in our bedroom and it's bloody loud when it goes DIIINNGG DOOONNGG!!! You'll not sleep through that...

Does it look pretty, stuck to my windows outside? No.

Is it effective? Hell yeah!

The only downside is the occasional cat sets it off at 2:30AM and I leap out of bed to rush to the window...
RogerThat
RogerThat
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Stanway
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by rose49f Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:19 pm

RogerThat wrote:It's worrying for sure.

Our neighbour opposite was broken in to just a few months ago.  Two lads threw a brick though their conservatory door, they (and we) never heard a thing...

I've since bought two of these:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00WG2VVV2/

I've stuck one one the outside living room window (Velcro) and one on the conservatory.

The chime / plug is in our bedroom and it's bloody loud when it goes DIIINNGG DOOONNGG!!! You'll not sleep through that...

Does it look pretty, stuck to my windows outside? No.

Is it effective? Hell yeah!

The only downside is the occasional cat sets it off at 2:30AM and I leap out of bed to rush to the window...

I have one of these on my gate and two in the van. The gate one I have taped up half the sensor which cuts it off reaching the ground so stopping foxes and cats setting it off. And it works. The van ones once stopped mice setting home. It was going off and couldn'd understand as nobody in it. then spotted some droppings and out came the mice traps. That was two years ago and no mice since. I put lavender oil in the van now. They would certainly work if someone opens the  door as I have postioned them to do that. I also have a wheel clamp and steering wheel lock in case you think once the door is opened they'll be away. Oh and I have a gun.

rose49f
rose49f
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingham Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:37 pm

Rose, why do you bother with all that other stuff if you have a gun Whistle1 up!

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 61
Auto-Sleeper : Kingham
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:44 pm

Kingham wrote:Rose, why do you bother with all that other stuff if you have a gun Whistle1 up!
So he knows when to grab it.

Alarms don't stop theft, somebody appearing with a gun in response to it just might
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by rose49f Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:07 am

Takes a few minutes to open the gun cabinet so while the alarms are going off and wheel clamp being removed, cabinet open. 999 dialed, situation explained and before l get outside a police helicopter hovering above looking for me with the gun. Touch wood it never happens but that's what would happen.
rose49f
rose49f
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:18 pm

Using the gun would!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down