The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Breakdown cover for my Nuevo

3 posters

Go down

Breakdown cover for my Nuevo Empty Breakdown cover for my Nuevo

Post by melcragg Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:12 pm

Evening all. I've just insured my motorhome that I'm collecting in the morning. I agreed to pay for the optional roadside assistance for £65.

I've received the policy document by email and there are some conditions attached. 

A maximum of 6 claims a year and the maximum claim each time of £300. This doesn't feel competitive and I'm minded to cancel the roadside assistance in the morning in my cooling off period. 

Does the collective have any advice? Is this competitive and if not where can I get a better deal?

Thanks
melcragg

Male

Member Age : 57
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Breakdown cover for my Nuevo Empty Re: Breakdown cover for my Nuevo

Post by rogerblack Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:10 pm

You don't say what you paid for the insurance; our motorhome insurance with Safeguard includes UK AA and equivalent European wide breakdown cover without additional cost. There are no limitations such as those you've detailed above; the only limit is the motorhome must be no more than twenty years old.  The AA service is via a dedicated account with its own contact phone number and on the two or three occasions we've used them over the years they have responded very well, in one case the AA patrolman was also a motor-homer, presumably coincidentally.  

So maybe worth getting a comparison from them whilst you still have the window to cancel the whole thing with your current provider. If you give their office in Leeds a quick call in the morning I'm sure they'll give you a quote then you can decide.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

rogerblack
rogerblack
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper : Pollensa/Boxer2.8HDi
Vehicle Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Breakdown cover for my Nuevo Empty Re: Breakdown cover for my Nuevo

Post by bikeralw Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:27 pm

Or you could open a Nationwide FlexPlus account. UK & European breakdown and recovery with none of the limitations you mention. 
There are other perks as well, travel and phone insurance, all at a cost of £13 a month, reduced to £7 a month if you maintain £2500 in the account.
Al.
bikeralw
bikeralw
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2004

Back to top Go down