The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weather

Page 8 of 42 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 25 ... 42  Next

Go down

Weather - Page 8 Empty Re: Weather

Post by Paulmold on Sun Dec 15, 2019 5:48 pm

Paulmold wrote:Rain overnight again and strong wind but this morning so far sunshine but very cold.
Didn't last long , rain on and off all day, chucking down again right now.

_________________
If life just doesn't add up, start subtracting
Paulmold
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Posts : 17296
Joined : 2011-02-21
Member Age : 69
Location : North East Wales
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Weather - Page 8 Empty Re: Weather

Post by burlingtonboaby on Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:06 am

Chilly,breezy morning,no cloud cover (yet) heavy overnight rain,country roads muddy.
Have a nice day
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Posts : 9331
Joined : 2011-11-15
Member Age : 70
Location : Bridlington
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Weather - Page 8 Empty Re: Weather

Post by Paulmold on Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:06 am

36 hours without rain, that's a change. Good frost overnight and quite a bright day forecast.

_________________
If life just doesn't add up, start subtracting
Paulmold
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Posts : 17296
Joined : 2011-02-21
Member Age : 69
Location : North East Wales
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Weather - Page 8 Empty Re: Weather

Post by burlingtonboaby on Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:56 am

Good ole crisp white frost this morning, no wind , chilly though.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Posts : 9331
Joined : 2011-11-15
Member Age : 70
Location : Bridlington
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Weather - Page 8 Empty Re: Weather

Post by nuevoboy on Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:28 pm

Thankfully, I'd plugged into the mains last night as I thought it felt a bit chilly out and I haven't drained the 'van yet. I'd set the heating at 6 degrees to hopefully keep the boiler full.
We don't often have frost this close to the coast, but it was well below freezing all morning and all was well.
The freezing fog has lifted here and there's a strange yellow glow in the sky at the moment.
nuevoboy
nuevoboy
Donator
Donator

Male

Posts : 715
Joined : 2013-02-14
Member Age : 67
Location : Wild West Wales
Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Weather - Page 8 Empty Re: Weather

Post by burlingtonboaby on Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:00 pm

nuevoboThankfully, I'd plugged into the mains last night as I thought it felt a bit chilly out and I haven't drained the 'van yet. I'd set the heating at 6 degrees to hopefully keep the boiler full. wrote:We don't often have frost this close to the coast, but it was well below freezing all morning and all was well.
The freezing fog has lifted here and there's a strange yellow glow in the sky at the moment.
We live about a Mile from the coast as the gull flys NB and regularly get frosts,( forecasted for tonight too) must be the North Sea effect, unlike when we lived on Bute where frosts almost unheard of ( Gulf Stream) .
Boaby.    cold
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Posts : 9331
Joined : 2011-11-15
Member Age : 70
Location : Bridlington
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Weather - Page 8 Empty Re: Weather

Post by groundhog on Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:22 am

We are half way up Mount Benson on Vancouver Island the snow should be deep and crisp and even but it is 8 degrees and misty. The World is sure changing
groundhog
groundhog
Donator
Donator

Posts : 2827
Joined : 2011-08-01
Location : Poldarkland
Auto-Sleeper : Worcester

Back to top Go down

Weather - Page 8 Empty Re: Weather

Post by bikeralw on Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:45 am

Blowing a force 8 gale here, but blue sky and sunny.
Weather - Page 8 79425510
bikeralw
bikeralw
Donator
Donator

Male

Posts : 2575
Joined : 2013-04-22
Member Age : 69
Location : High Peak & New Zealand.
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2004

Back to top Go down

Weather - Page 8 Empty Re: Weather

Post by burlingtonboaby on Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:01 am

groundhog wrote:We are half way up Mount Benson on Vancouver Island the snow should be deep and crisp and even but it is 8 degrees and misty. The World is sure changing
Hi Gh
Watch out for the Bears.    hugegrins    Keep warm ,stay safe, icy under foot this morning,not good for dog walking.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Posts : 9331
Joined : 2011-11-15
Member Age : 70
Location : Bridlington
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Weather - Page 8 Empty Re: Weather

Post by nuevoboy on Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:40 am

burlingtonboaby wrote:
nuevoboThankfully, I'd plugged into the mains last night as I thought it felt a bit chilly out and I haven't drained the 'van yet. I'd set the heating at 6 degrees to hopefully keep the boiler full. wrote:We don't often have frost this close to the coast, but it was well below freezing all morning and all was well.
The freezing fog has lifted here and there's a strange yellow glow in the sky at the moment.
We live about a Mile from the coast as the gull flys NB and regularly get frosts,( forecasted for tonight too) must be the North Sea effect, unlike when we lived on Bute where frosts almost unheard of ( Gulf Stream) .
Boaby.    cold
We're just over a mile inland as the choughs fly (actually, they don't come so far inland) but are supposedly blessed with those Gulf Stream winds you mention.
Mind you, most of the time they're just Atlantic Gales, which do tend to keep Jack Frost at bay. There's a wind turbine on a farm just south of us and flags on top of the castle just to the north, so we always look at them to see which way (and how strong) the wind is blowing.
It's a very rare day indeed when both are inactive.
As ever, it's blowing a hooley again this morning, which is accompanied by the usual rain.
I much preferred that crisp and dry spell we had yesterday.
nuevoboy
nuevoboy
Donator
Donator

Male

Posts : 715
Joined : 2013-02-14
Member Age : 67
Location : Wild West Wales
Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Weather - Page 8 Empty Re: Weather

Post by Paulmold on Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:52 am

Still no rain here, frost again overnight, and despite a rather red sky first thing this morning we have  pretty thick fog now. Temp yesterday was a high of 4, today expected 7 and only dropping to 6 overnight. No further frost expected for at least a week.

_________________
If life just doesn't add up, start subtracting
Paulmold
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Posts : 17296
Joined : 2011-02-21
Member Age : 69
Location : North East Wales
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Weather - Page 8 Empty Re: Weather

Post by burlingtonboaby on Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:38 pm

Real pea souper all the way along the coast up to Whitby,frost is finally thawing.
My son is up in the north of Mull (Sunart) and enjoying the Gulf Stream effect, 
However it does get breezy up there .
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Posts : 9331
Joined : 2011-11-15
Member Age : 70
Location : Bridlington
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Weather - Page 8 Empty Re: Weather

Post by groundhog on Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:28 pm

burlingtonboaby wrote:
groundhog wrote:We are half way up Mount Benson on Vancouver Island the snow should be deep and crisp and even but it is 8 degrees and misty. The World is sure changing
Hi Gh
Watch out for the Bears.    hugegrins    Keep warm ,stay safe, icy under foot this morning,not good for dog walking.
Boaby
Thanks. Boaby you take care too
We see lots of deer in the grounds, sometimes black bears but it is the cougars you have to worry about
groundhog
groundhog
Donator
Donator

Posts : 2827
Joined : 2011-08-01
Location : Poldarkland
Auto-Sleeper : Worcester

Back to top Go down

Weather - Page 8 Empty Re: Weather

Post by Askit on Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:53 pm

groundhog wrote:
burlingtonboaby wrote:
groundhog wrote:We are half way up Mount Benson on Vancouver Island the snow should be deep and crisp and even but it is 8 degrees and misty. The World is sure changing
Hi Gh
Watch out for the Bears.    hugegrins    Keep warm ,stay safe, icy under foot this morning,not good for dog walking.
Boaby
Thanks. Boaby you take care too
We see lots of deer in the grounds, sometimes black bears but it is the cougars you have to worry about

Unfortunately I'm too old for them now  rolleyes hugegrins

_________________
Tony
Askit
Askit
Donator
Donator

Male

Posts : 2446
Joined : 2015-05-16
Member Age : 71
Location : West of Scotland
Auto-Sleeper : Neuvo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Weather - Page 8 Empty Re: Weather

Post by burlingtonboaby on Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:05 am

heavy rain overnight, lots of surface water on side roads, NO frost whippe,
No bears,only skelly Cougars out at night.    hugegrins
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Posts : 9331
Joined : 2011-11-15
Member Age : 70
Location : Bridlington
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Weather - Page 8 Empty Re: Weather

Post by Paulmold on Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:38 am

Heavy rain overnight here as well , always happens when temperatures a little milder.

_________________
If life just doesn't add up, start subtracting
Paulmold
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Posts : 17296
Joined : 2011-02-21
Member Age : 69
Location : North East Wales
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Weather - Page 8 Empty Re: Weather

Post by burlingtonboaby on Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:45 am

Turned out nice now, a weather window I think it's called, not nice for Friday though.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Posts : 9331
Joined : 2011-11-15
Member Age : 70
Location : Bridlington
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Weather - Page 8 Empty Re: Weather

Post by Paulmold on Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:21 pm

It's a bit overcast here but temp 11 degrees, get the Barbie out !!

_________________
If life just doesn't add up, start subtracting
Paulmold
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Posts : 17296
Joined : 2011-02-21
Member Age : 69
Location : North East Wales
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Weather - Page 8 Empty Re: Weather

Post by nuevoboy on Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:26 pm

Last night we had an incredible storm and I thought the trees were going to come down on the house.
Some of the local roads were flooding as friends visited us.
It was dry this morning when I drove into town for a few odds and ends and to use my 10p off voucher to fill the 'van. 
The forecast was heavy rain from 11 o'clock and for once they were right. It's been tippling down since and I really am wondering where it's all coming from.
The weather warning of heavy rain we have here is in force until mid-day tomorrow!
nuevoboy
nuevoboy
Donator
Donator

Male

Posts : 715
Joined : 2013-02-14
Member Age : 67
Location : Wild West Wales
Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Weather - Page 8 Empty Re: Weather

Post by burlingtonboaby on Thu Dec 19, 2019 2:03 pm

Paulmold wrote:It's a bit overcast here but temp 11 degrees, get the Barbie out !!
I was abit slow, I should have got the BBQ out to grill some burgers, my meat order doesn't arrive tell next tuesday, so no steaks today.
Grilled them under the grill/cooker in the house, tasty, rains on now anyway 
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Posts : 9331
Joined : 2011-11-15
Member Age : 70
Location : Bridlington
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Weather - Page 8 Empty Re: Weather

Post by Dave 418 on Wed Dec 25, 2019 11:06 pm

We complain about the weather in the UK. I have just come back from seven weeks in Australia and I actually glad to be back in a normal climate that’s liveable.
Getting off an air conditioned train in Brisbane to 38 to 40 degrees was not good. In the mornings you woke up stuck to the sheets feeling like you had been licking the pavement in the night.
The bush fires restricted were you could travel or trips were cancelled at short notice. A craft market was cancelled due to storm coming. The storm lasted fifteen mins. We get better showers in the UK.
Walking out of the airport in Manchester to a cold wet night felt quite normal.
During our last evening we both said how much we looked forward to getting back to our travels and were we would go on our first trip now we are both fully retired.

avatar
Dave 418
Donator
Donator

Male

Posts : 1204
Joined : 2012-10-17
Member Age : 65
Location : N/E Lincolnshire
Auto-Sleeper : Rienza
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Weather - Page 8 Empty Re: Weather

Post by burlingtonboaby on Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:03 am

Nice to see you back Dave and not to badly scorched, been watching the news footage recently and hope the fires subside soon.
Dry up the coast here this morning, nice walk with Tag earlier.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Posts : 9331
Joined : 2011-11-15
Member Age : 70
Location : Bridlington
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Weather - Page 8 Empty Re: Weather

Post by Askit on Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:43 am

burlingtonboaby wrote:Nice to see you back Dave and not to badly scorched, been watching the news footage recently and hope the fires subside soon.
Dry up the coast here this morning, nice walk with Tag earlier.
Boaby

Watching the breakfast news, they're doing a story on the swimmers going into the North sea for a dip at Whitby this morning. Not tempted Boaby  hugegrins cold

_________________
Tony
Askit
Askit
Donator
Donator

Male

Posts : 2446
Joined : 2015-05-16
Member Age : 71
Location : West of Scotland
Auto-Sleeper : Neuvo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Weather - Page 8 Empty Re: Weather

Post by Dave 418 on Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:20 am

I saw the article about the Whitby swim. I admire there charitable cause but I would find something a bit warmer .
Just walking on the beach in Australia was painful. I can’t remember sand so hot. When you did get to the sea there were nasties like jelly fish lurking to sting. The pool we normally used out there was standing room only most days.
We are going away for New Year if we can make up our mind we’re to go. It won’t matter what the weather is like by midnight hopefully. Some were with a pub in walking distance would be a good idea. So far it is a matter of do we go North or South, probably near the coast.???.
avatar
Dave 418
Donator
Donator

Male

Posts : 1204
Joined : 2012-10-17
Member Age : 65
Location : N/E Lincolnshire
Auto-Sleeper : Rienza
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Weather - Page 8 Empty Re: Weather

Post by burlingtonboaby on Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:57 am

Askit wrote:
burlingtonboaby wrote:Nice to see you back Dave and not to badly scorched, been watching the news footage recently and hope the fires subside soon.
Dry up the coast here this morning, nice walk with Tag earlier.
Boaby

Watching the breakfast news, they're doing a story on the swimmers going into the North sea for a dip at Whitby this morning. Not tempted Boaby  hugegrins cold
I think I would seize up and be looking for a welder Tony,   hugegrins   North Sea is far to cold for me , mind I used join in the around Bute swim in my wet -suit back in the day.
Enjoy a swim in the local pool (heated) most mornings here in Bridlington, good luck to them up in Whitby, made of hard stuff up there.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Posts : 9331
Joined : 2011-11-15
Member Age : 70
Location : Bridlington
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 42 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 25 ... 42  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum