The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sargent control panel switched itself off

+2
Gromit
AliKat
6 posters

Go down

Sargent control panel switched itself off  Empty Sargent control panel switched itself off

Post by AliKat Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:36 pm

Hi

Very excited about getting our new (to us) Broadway EB, (2014 model), but, after our first night out we woke up to find that all the lights on the control panel were out. Everything started up again without any problem, but we did notice that the leisure battery reading was lower than previously, which shouldn't have happened, as we were on mains electricity. Is there something we should have done that would have prevented this from happening? Must admit that we found the handbook unhelpful in describing how the control panel works, so we may have overlooked something vital. 
Any suggestions gratefully received, as we don't want to go back to the dealer if its just a simple thing to put right.
AliKat
AliKat

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Sargent control panel switched itself off  Empty Re: Sargent control panel switched itself off

Post by Gromit Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:47 pm

Don't they go out automatically after a few minutes - presumably to save power, and for the benefit of those who need total darkness to sleep?

I've never really noticed anything odd in the morning, but that might be me being dozy?  Whistle1

If it's the same 325 or 328 LED panel like ours, I presume you don't mean that the screen was completely blank???
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Sargent control panel switched itself off  Empty Re: Sargent control panel switched itself off

Post by -mojo- Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:01 pm

What model power controller does your van have? Do you have a solar panel?
-mojo-
-mojo-

Male

Member Age : 24
Auto-Sleeper : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down

Post by Rincewind Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:21 pm

Might sound simple but was the charger switched on?
Rincewind
Rincewind

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire

Back to top Go down

Post by inspiredron Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:08 pm

The control panels do switch off if you start the engine. Then you have to switch on again. We can advise properly once we know what panel and charged you have. On my 2012 both panel and mains unit are marked EC328. The power unit in the wardrobe won't charge unless it is switched on and showing a red light.

Male

Member Age : 82
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Post by AliKat Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:42 pm

Thanks for all the replies. In answer to the queries:
Our control panel is an EC480 and our power supply unit is an EC 500. 
We don't have a solar panel.
The charger was switched on.
On that particular night, at the time of going to sleep, all three top lights on the control panel were on, as I remember commenting on how bright they were. When we woke up there were no lights on at all. 
Having seen the suggestion that the lights may have gone out automatically to save power, I assumed that was what had happened. However, we've just been away again and this time, even though our end of day routines were exactly the same, the lights on the control panel stayed on all night. 
Not a major problem, but a bit of a puzzle!
AliKat
AliKat

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway

Back to top Go down

Post by woodlice Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:11 pm

Those 3 blue lights should stay on unless you turn off the ec480, the main display turns off automatically. As to why it turned itself off I haven't a clue as it's never happened to me unless I start the engine.
woodlice
woodlice

Male

Member Age : 65
Auto-Sleeper : Warick xl
Vehicle Year : 17

Back to top Go down