The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tracker

+10
OAPtraveller
woodlice
MikeJJ
Brumloz
RogerThat
daisy mae
roli
TeamRienza
Toffee
Miss DaisyMay
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Tracker - Page 2 Empty Re: Tracker

Post by Kemerton-bath Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:31 pm

I did a fair bit of research before settling on a Metatrack-6 system.  It's approved by my insurer and results in a discount on the premium.  I wanted a straightforward tracker without additional fobs or the hassle of sending texts before moving the vehicle.  I simply wanted a system that alerted both me (via an App on my phone) and the monitoring centre if the vehicle is moved without the keys.  

The annual fee for the monitoring service can vary widely and I took the view that approx £100 per year was reasonable.  That's about what it costs for an intruder alarm in a building to be monitored, so anything more than that I felt was a rip-off.

I used the company in the link below and was pleased with them.  They came to where the van is kept and fitted it, and will travel widely to do so.  I'd already chosen the Metatrack and they confirmed it was one of the best performing trackers and good value for money, though they do supply and fit other makes.

The App is clear and easy to use.  It has other features too, including monitoring the voltage of the vehicle battery and will send a warning message if the battery drops too low - useful information for vehicles kept in storage.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

1996 - Autosleeper Symphony   2010 - Autosleeper Symbol    2018 - Autosleeper Kemerton   2023 - Autosleeper Kemerton XL (Fiat)
Kemerton-bath
Kemerton-bath
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 64
Auto-Sleeper : Kemerton XL (Fiat)
Vehicle Year : 2020

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2