The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where can I find the power inverter.

+2
vwt4
Ourboy
6 posters

Go down

Where can I find the power inverter. Empty Where can I find the power inverter.

Post by Ourboy Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:36 pm

I have a Peugoet Boxer symbol campervan and need to locate the power inverter and was wondering if anyone has found its hiding place.

Thanks for any help on this
Ourboy
Ourboy

Auto-Sleeper : symbol

Back to top Go down

Where can I find the power inverter. Empty Re: Where can I find the power inverter.

Post by vwt4 Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:29 pm

Durboy
welcome to the forum, it might be better if you introduce yourself on the new members section there are quite a few Symbol owners on here but they won,t know you are here if you see what I mean
vwt4
vwt4
vwt4

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : Trophy
Vehicle Year : 1994

Back to top Go down

Where can I find the power inverter. Empty Re: Where can I find the power inverter.

Post by tcarne Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:51 pm

hi,

i have just acquired a symbol. i'm not sure what an inverter looks like although i know its something to do with the electrics.

if so, mine is in the cupboard under the oven - lift out the wooden floor of cupboard (i have a finger hole to use) - it is there next to the water pump.

hope this helps

trish
tcarne
tcarne

Female

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper : Symbol

Back to top Go down

Where can I find the power inverter. Empty Inverter

Post by murph Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:05 pm

Hi Ourboy
An inverter is not something that AS would fit as standard, if one is fitted to your van it will be an after market fitting by a previous owner, consequently it could be anywhere. It is a piece of electrical equipment to enable you to run 240volt appliances from your leisure battery when electric hookup is not available, such as when wild camping. To see what one looks like try Roadpro's website, they have a website shop which includes all sorts of electrical and TV equipment. The company are not cheap, but they do test most of the stuff that they sell before advertising it for sale and in my experience their service is good.

Brian

Last edited by murph on Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:07 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : addresed to wrong person)
murph
murph

Male

Member Age : 86
Auto-Sleeper : Lancashire EK,ES.

Back to top Go down

Post by tcarne Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:43 pm

many thanks for the info about what an inverter is and does murph - and for the website direction.

sorry i wasn't much help to you ourboy - we have both learned a thing or two today.

trish

tcarne
tcarne

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by johnandeva Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:12 pm

agree with Murph on this one, i have got a 99 symbol and i havent got an inverter fitted, johnandeva
johnandeva
johnandeva

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by squip Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:55 pm

tcarne wrote:hi,

if so, mine is in the cupboard under the oven - lift out the wooden floor of cupboard (i have a finger hole to use) - it is there next to the water pump.

hope this helps

trish

The thing under the floor of the cupboard under the oven is the battery charger.

squip
squip
squip
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down