The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Water pump fuse blowing

2 posters

Go down

Water pump fuse blowing Empty Water pump fuse blowing

Post by Sunbeampizza Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:53 pm

Just filled the fresh water tank on our Broadway for the first outing this year and find that the 10amp fuse keeps blowing. The van was winterisd ok ie drained with taps left open and the dump valve switched to open. Where is the pump on the van anyway (2012 broadway EK) as the hand book is not very explicit. I suspect it is in the fresh water tank. Any suggestions welcome before I motor 50 miles each way to get the darn thing sorted.
Sunbeampizza
Sunbeampizza

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Water pump fuse blowing Empty Re: Water pump fuse blowing

Post by Gromit Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:19 pm

More info would be useful Sunbeam.

Assuming it is a submersible, has it worked at all since you filled the tank, or did it start blowing fuses as soon as you switched it on? If so, it sounds as if the impeller might have seized, so you could be in a bit of trouble.

If the pump is busted I would strongly suggest you consider getting a Shurflo Trail King instead. There's lots of info on here if you have a search, and by now there have been quite a few members with submersible pump problems - all completely cured by fitting a Shurflo.

The submersibles seem either to work faultlessly, or they are a constant pain in the backside. The big problem is how to get one fixed if it dies in the middle of a French holiday - or after the first hour if Mr Sod is on duty!!!! With a Shurflo it's just a few minutes with a screwdriver.

Have a browse and see what you think from the experience of others.
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down