The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

leisure battery

3 posters

Go down

leisure battery Empty leisure battery

Post by constable Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:16 am

I have a Devon 58 reg. The leisure battery which is 18 months old recently lost power and shut down the system.  I have a 65 watt solar panel on the roof and access to MHU.  How long should I leave the battery on charge to fully charge it, and, can I put an old fashioned ammeter between the battery and van to check any discharge.  also which terminal do I connect  it to please?. confused3

Male

Member Age : 85
Auto-Sleeper : Devon
Vehicle Year : Vehicle

Back to top Go down

leisure battery Empty Re: leisure battery

Post by Molly3 Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:08 pm

constable wrote:I have a Devon 58 reg. The leisure battery which is 18 months old recently lost power and shut down the system.  I have a 65 watt solar panel on the roof and access to MHU.  How long should I leave the battery on charge to fully charge it, and, can I put an old fashioned ammeter between the battery and van to check any discharge.  also which terminal do I connect  it to please?. confused3
You could buy a clamp meter  it  has to be   12 v about £25 some are just 240 v about £6   very useful for checking amps .
Molly3
Molly3

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

leisure battery Empty Re: leisure battery

Post by Paulmold Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:40 pm

Make sure a clamp meter will measure current low enough for your use, many will not register below 2amp whereas we are looking for current in milliamps. An ordinary multimeter is more likely to measure such low values.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down