The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Floor Panel between cab seats - Mercedes

3 posters

Go down

Floor Panel between cab seats - Mercedes Empty Floor Panel between cab seats - Mercedes

Post by MikeJJ Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:40 am

Hi,

I wondered if the floor panel between the two front cab seats can be easily raised.  It seems to be covered with a coarse carpet material to match the panels around the seat bases.  All the cables from the batteries run under this panel from the left side to the right.  I have tugged at it but don't want to break anything.  I have looked from underneath the vehicle and cant see any bolts from that side.  Any suggestions?  Thanks
MikeJJ
MikeJJ
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : MB - Burford
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Floor Panel between cab seats - Mercedes Empty Re: Floor Panel between cab seats - Mercedes

Post by Peter Brown Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:52 am

Just curious, why are you thinking of raising it?

Peter #1
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Floor Panel between cab seats - Mercedes Empty Re: Floor Panel between cab seats - Mercedes

Post by MikeJJ Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:02 am

Peter, at the moment just inquisitive having seen so many cables disappear under it from one side.

Longer term there may be a couple of accessories I was thinking of hardwiring in and wondered if this was a suitable route to follow.
MikeJJ
MikeJJ
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:19 am

I expect the current Mercedes are no too different to mine in that the interface wiring/fusing between the habitation and vehicle electrics is all under the drivers seat so there is quite a bit of wiring between the starter/leisure batteries that are on the passenger side and the drivers side.

I don't think running extra cables on that route would require any modification but my back says I mustn't go and look at the moment!

Peter #1
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by chrisk Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:50 am

Mine as been raised, think it was done so carpet in habitation was level with the cab carpet.
chrisk
chrisk
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Berkshire
Vehicle Year : 2009

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeJJ Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:01 am

Trying to peer underneath it with a torch I think I can see metal bracketry to raise it, as you say, to be level with habitation floor.  But wondered if I could easily lift it out of the way if I wanted to lay cables across that space along the channel route of the Merc cables.  

If not then I can see there is also a groove across just to the rear of that panel and to the rear of the seat bases which AS have used for some of their cabling eg mains to under-sofa sockets.
MikeJJ
MikeJJ
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeJJ Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:33 am

After advice from Mark at AS I found 3 long screws which go through the panel all in a row along the rear edge.  Panel then lifts up and with a bit of wriggling can be removed.  All wires are underneath as expected and have access to the Mercedes cableways..
MikeJJ
MikeJJ
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down