The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bluetooth earphones and TV; sharing ?

4 posters

Go down

Bluetooth earphones and TV; sharing ? Empty Bluetooth earphones and TV; sharing ?

Post by Quilter Sun 28 Jan 2018 - 20:13

Can 2 people, using 2 sets of Bluetooth earphones, listen to a TV ( Avtex ) at the same time ?
Quilter
Quilter
Donator
Donator

Female

Posts : 2757
Joined : 2014-04-14
Location : Oxfordshire
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EK TB LP
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Bluetooth earphones and TV; sharing ? Empty Re: Bluetooth earphones and TV; sharing ?

Post by meanchris Sun 28 Jan 2018 - 21:06

As far as I'm aware, the Avtex TVs don't have bluetooth built in.

We have a spare L188DR in its box in the spare bedroom, I'll have a look but, even if they do have BT, it's unlikely that the service will allow two connections at once.

You never know, let me have a look...

EDIT: Our L188DR definitely doesn't have bluetooth.

Your best bet may be a BT transmitter that has the capability to pair with two devices at the same time.
Be aware that there may be bluetooth latency, a delay in the sound with respect to the video using a BT transmitter. The TV will not be able to be adjusted to fix this.


Last edited by meanchris on Sun 28 Jan 2018 - 21:17; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Tested our TV)
avatar
meanchris
Member
Member

Male

Posts : 2386
Joined : 2013-08-10
Member Age : 67
Location : North West
Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : N/A

Back to top Go down

Bluetooth earphones and TV; sharing ? Empty Re: Bluetooth earphones and TV; sharing ?

Post by Peter Brown Mon 29 Jan 2018 - 9:51

meanchris wrote:
Be aware that there may be bluetooth latency, a delay in the sound with respect to the video using a BT transmitter. The TV will not be able to be adjusted to fix this.

I have the L188DRS, there is no built Bluetooth and that is because of the loss of synchronisation between vision and sound (I've spoken to an Avtex engineer on this) caused by the delay in BT transmission.

That said, I use a BT transmitter plugged into the headphone socket and a BT speaker that we move around the van with us. We find that very effective. I guess, as Kim suggests, you could find a 2 channel BT transmitter but, being hard of hearing and wearing hearing aids, I feel vulnerable with both ears blocked.

_________________
Peter #1
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Posts : 8551
Joined : 2012-11-10
Member Age : 70
Location : Staffs
Auto-Sleeper : Malvern
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Bluetooth earphones and TV; sharing ? Empty Re: Bluetooth earphones and TV; sharing ?

Post by brodco Mon 29 Jan 2018 - 10:47

Hi
Peter Brown” wrote: I have the L188DRS, there is no built Bluetooth and that is because of the loss of synchronisation between vision and sound (I've spoken to an Avtex engineer on this) caused by the delay in BT transmission.
How long ago was that Peter?  

Bluetooth “aptX” should be capable of a latency of 40ms and i’s claimed this is good enough for lip sync (I haven’t tried it myself).

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Avantree-Bluetooth-Transmitter-Computer-Headphones-No-Battery-Fixed-Location-dual-link-aptX-LL-Priva-III/dp/B01N5KKUR0

This unit does  need an external  5V power supply.

Don’t forget that the headphones also must be aptX compatible.

Brod
brodco
brodco
Donator
Donator

Male

Posts : 1228
Joined : 2012-07-30
Member Age : 67
Location : Worthing
Auto-Sleeper : Duetto
Vehicle Year : 1997

https://www.eurotherm.com/en/eurotherm-products/

Back to top Go down

Bluetooth earphones and TV; sharing ? Empty Re: Bluetooth earphones and TV; sharing ?

Post by meanchris Mon 29 Jan 2018 - 10:52

Peter Brown wrote:
meanchris wrote:
Be aware that there may be bluetooth latency, a delay in the sound with respect to the video using a BT transmitter. The TV will not be able to be adjusted to fix this.

I have the L188DRS, there is no built Bluetooth and that is because of the loss of synchronisation between vision and sound (I've spoken to an Avtex engineer on this) caused by the delay in BT transmission.

That said, I use a BT transmitter plugged into the headphone socket and a  BT speaker that we move around the van with us.  We find that very effective.  I guess, as Kim suggests, you could find a 2 channel BT transmitter but, being hard of hearing and wearing hearing aids, I feel vulnerable with both ears blocked.

Our Samsung TV does have the capability to advance or retard the BT audio stream with respect to the video Peter. I haven't checked the specs for BT 4.1 onwards, but ISTR that the latency issue is better handled in the most recent BT versions.

I suspect that adding Bluetooth to the spec of Avtex TVs would raise an already astronomical price to dizzying heights. hugegrins

We too use a tiny BT transmitter like this one, when the need arises:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bluetooth-Stereo-Music-Transmitter-A2DP-Audio-Adapter-Dongle-3-5mm-For-TV-PC/253358741121?_trkparms=aid%3D555019%26algo%3DPL.BANDIT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20151005190705%26meid%3D9f61f6f1c49d42838f444f3ce2192a68%26pid%3D100506%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D1%26%26itm%3D253358741121&_trksid=p2045573.c100506.m3226

EDIT: 40ms as Brodco says should be almost imperceptible. up!

More editing, that looks like a nice piece of kit Brodco, I'd be 'having some of that' in the OP's situation. I can't think of a good enough excuse to buy one anyway at the moment though. hugegrins
avatar
meanchris
Member
Member

Male

Posts : 2386
Joined : 2013-08-10
Member Age : 67
Location : North West
Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : N/A

Back to top Go down

Bluetooth earphones and TV; sharing ? Empty Re: Bluetooth earphones and TV; sharing ?

Post by Peter Brown Mon 29 Jan 2018 - 10:54

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00Q2EGQQU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

That is the TX I bought 2 years ago. It must be getting on for two years ago that I spoke to Avtex. I definitely have the lip sync problem but blame it on the whisky.

_________________
Peter #1
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Posts : 8551
Joined : 2012-11-10
Member Age : 70
Location : Staffs
Auto-Sleeper : Malvern
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Bluetooth earphones and TV; sharing ? Empty Re: Bluetooth earphones and TV; sharing ?

Post by Quilter Mon 29 Jan 2018 - 13:45

Thank you everyone for your help. We now need to do the rounds of electrical and China shops.....or I need to get my ears syringed.
Quilter
Quilter
Donator
Donator

Female

Posts : 2757
Joined : 2014-04-14
Location : Oxfordshire
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EK TB LP
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum