The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Chattering' noise from headlamp? 03 Nuevo...

4 posters

Go down

'Chattering' noise from headlamp? 03 Nuevo... Empty 'Chattering' noise from headlamp? 03 Nuevo...

Post by Dickles Thu 30 Nov 2017 - 10:33

2003 Peugeot Nuevo due for MOT so did a brief check of lights etc and noticed a chattering noise, apparently from the offside headlamp.  Playing with the up/down roller on the instrument panel either stopped it or did nothing, lights did not rise and fall.  I'm assuming the electric motor on the headlamp is playing up?  Is this an MOT failure?  Is it a DIY job, new headlamp or what?
Now gone for the MOT this morning so did not tell them about the noise and keeping my fingers crossed. confused3
Dickles
Dickles

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2003

Back to top Go down

'Chattering' noise from headlamp? 03 Nuevo... Empty Re: 'Chattering' noise from headlamp? 03 Nuevo...

Post by bikeralw Thu 30 Nov 2017 - 11:13

It won't be an MoT failure if the headlight beams fall into their specifications. Which should be fine with an unloaded van. I don't think you can set the headlights too high with the electric motors though. It's there so they can be lowered when carrying a lot of weight in the back so you're not lighting up the sky!
As an aside, I wouldn't use any electric servo motors, headlights or mirrors etc while the temperatures are at this present low. In the past I've stripped gears in winter by operating the mirror motors.
Al.
bikeralw
bikeralw
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Vehicle Year : 2004

Back to top Go down

'Chattering' noise from headlamp? 03 Nuevo... Empty Re: 'Chattering' noise from headlamp? 03 Nuevo...

Post by redturner37 Thu 30 Nov 2017 - 12:58

Check to see if you can physically move the glass unit by hand. Maybe it has become detached from the small ball joint that it pivots on.....
redturner37
redturner37

Male

Member Age : 86
Auto-Sleeper : Harmony
Vehicle Year : 1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Dickles Thu 30 Nov 2017 - 21:16

redturner37 wrote:Check to see if you can physically move the glass unit by hand. Maybe it has become detached from the small ball joint that it pivots on.....
Update - Passed the MOT ok, no problems apart from replacement stop & tail lamp(worked ok when tested earlier...).  I'll certainly check if the headlamp can be moved - needs more investigation when it gets a bit warmer.
Many thanks everyone for your advice. smile!
Dickles
Dickles

Male

Vehicle Year : 2003

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss DaisyMay Fri 1 Dec 2017 - 21:29

Good to hear MOT was passed ok xx
Miss DaisyMay
Miss DaisyMay

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Winchcombe
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down