The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rear Staberlisers Nuevo11 2011.

5 posters

Go down

Rear Staberlisers Nuevo11  2011. Empty Rear Staberlisers Nuevo11 2011.

Post by Neuvosleeper Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:05 pm

I'm not happy carrying these unused attatchments, (rear Staberlisers as necessary on caravans.) I will be removing the pair from our Nuevo 11. However I wonder if this may "void" the very detailed A/S guarantee. further comments appreciated, especially from Motor-homeing solicitors ? who may have studied the warranty. agree3
Neuvosleeper
Neuvosleeper

Male

Member Age : 87
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo 11
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Rear Staberlisers Nuevo11  2011. Empty stabilisers

Post by CC Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:17 pm

Hi Neuvosleeper... Why remove them? Why don't you Just not use them, or am I missing something ??

CC

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Rear Staberlisers Nuevo11  2011. Empty Re: Rear Staberlisers Nuevo11 2011.

Post by roli Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:55 am

I wouldnt have thought it would invalidate the warranty as they are bolt on item, but unless you are looking at the weight of the van, like CC I cant see any reason to remove them.
We have never used the steady legs on the two AS vans we have owned but have left them on (no choice on the Exec as they were welded to the towbar)
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Rear Staberlisers Nuevo11  2011. Empty Remove Stabilisers.

Post by Neuvosleeper Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:03 am

Hi C. C. Well I'm surprised, as I said, I have never "used" them or any others. Surely motorhomers go on about "the weight" problem. Take one off and see how many bottles of wine you could import safely ( police weigh bridges , ) in their place. Or to end on a silly note---leave that very heavy "spare wheel" at home, I have needed one once, in Italy 20 years ago. and before someone replies m.o.t I know I know ---replace it,take it, and test it. Sunday morning too in north Cotswolds?. Happy to help. Brian K.
Neuvosleeper
Neuvosleeper

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Neuvosleeper Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:25 am

Hi Roli, Obviously you hav'nt read the latest A/S warranty schedule, these stabilisers are supplied as an AS fixture then read the warranty, if they break we must argue with the supplier of them--according to A/S as with all other fittings --Fridge-- Heaters---Pumps etc.-- thats how "I" read the Warranty. However, I met with a Fridge replacment situation and stood my ground at Willersley. The replacment took place at my residence by Thetford -yes Thetford. we have sponsored 2 of em so far. The warranty states any alterations to the A/S design invalidates the warranty. Remember, Charles is no longer available !! I mentioned "solicitor" in my initial post, thats why I hoped one would reply having read the warranty as its easy for me to "get it wrong", has no forum members read the small print of the warranty or am I the only member with one ? 2011 Nuevo 11. innocent Brian K.
Neuvosleeper
Neuvosleeper

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:55 am

OK Brian, point taken on reading the warranty
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by orian Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:59 pm

Here is another unusual thought. smile!

My first van was a Lancashire with rear steadies which we rarely used.

However, one day in France I was waiting at a junction when a French car hit the rear end of the van. Luckily he was at a slight angle and although he made a mess of the bumper his car was much the worse for the impact. I could not believe how much damage he had incurred and my vehicle so little. And then I realised the rear steady had taken the impact and caused him grief. To my amazement the rear steady still functioned and did not need replacing. I feel sure it saved the rear panel of my van from a direct hit from this poor French car. up!

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Symbol 2011

Back to top Go down

Rear Staberlisers Nuevo11  2011. Empty Rear Stabilisers Neuvo 2011

Post by Neuvosleeper Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:26 pm

Hi Roli, so having read the "warranty" how do you feel about it, surely A/S cant write themselves out of responsibility, they purchase all the fittings selling them on. surely the initial purchaser is the one entitled to warranty cover. any fitted unit could be damaged on fitting or whenever, dealers etc: prior to the "sale" hence worth a lawyers eyeball--if only for fun !! thanks for the interest mate. scratch head Brian K.
Neuvosleeper
Neuvosleeper

Male

Back to top Go down

Rear Staberlisers Nuevo11  2011. Empty Rear Stabilisers Neuvo 2011

Post by Neuvosleeper Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:39 pm

Hi Bob, Glad the Stabs: proved strong and robust, I know they are thats the reason to remove them "useless weight" good point raised re rear impact tho, best fit a T/bar and 50mm ball to tow something far more use giving it a quick thought. MMM readers letters sub: said the stabilisers were removed and the immense space recovered meant he could carry the levellers and track stuff under-slung, on brackrts. makes sense a. up! Brian K.
Neuvosleeper
Neuvosleeper

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony F Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:04 pm

We use ours, and welcome the effect they have. A weighty luxury perhaps, but one we appreciate .

Tony
Tony F
Tony F

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper : Windsor on Mk 6

Back to top Go down