The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nuevo II Battery Re: position ?

3 posters

Go down

Nuevo II Battery Re: position ? Empty Nuevo II Battery Re: position ?

Post by Neuvosleeper Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:40 pm

May I go on, again ----I find the position of the Leisure battery in o/s bed box as fitted by A/S beggars belief---really. We could all have an "extra" heating outlet behind the drivers seat end of bed box, instead of just the one against the heater !! IF there were more space to T off with a 16mm heating trunking to said 16mm outlet ( trunking available from C.A.K. Tanks Kenilworth good catalogue for all stuff ) [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] tanks.co.uk So best place I regard for this battery is forward of the "gas box" where we store clothes--these will then go over the ducting space not lost. Anyone have any comment on this? Brian K. p.s. warmer cab seating area hope. see_hear_saynowt
Neuvosleeper
Neuvosleeper

Male

Member Age : 87
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo 11
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Nuevo II Battery Re: position ? Empty Re: Nuevo II Battery Re: position ?

Post by roli Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:40 pm

Depends on your ability or wallet. not quite the same as you want to do but when the silly little 85ahr battery failed at 3 years I decided to fit a 115ahr larger battery which required removal of the AS cradle, rerouting the cables and fabricating a new cradle and of course a new battery cover. I am glad i did it as I gained some space but lost some not so convenient space if you understand my meaning.
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:11 pm

Not sure how the latest Nuevo differs to ours.. but I understand what you are saying, there is a lot of space taken up under the sofa. Like you I feel the cab needs some of the heat and will probably fit an outlet in the future as there seems to be room by using a "T" but cant see it being so easy with a "Y" section.. one blower outlet seems totally inadequate for what seems quite a spacious interior.

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EL Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Neuvosleeper Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:46 pm

CruizingComet wrote:Not sure how the latest Nuevo differs to ours.. but I understand what you are saying, there is a lot of space taken up under the sofa. Like you I feel the cab needs some of the heat and will probably fit an outlet in the future as there seems to be room by using a "T" but cant see it being so easy with a "Y" section.. one blower outlet seems totally inadequate for what seems quite a spacious interior.
alittlesecret C.C, its simple once the battery has been placed around the corner. Fit a 65mm T into the heating trunking , push fit, measure to the outlet position you choose. copy A/S fit on the original ( an elbow here would be benificial) cutting a neat hole in bed box front will prove the awkward bit ?? you could hire a hole cutter, or purchase at great cost, saw arbour etc req: to suit the 65mm outlet/shutter. Do you know an electrician or carpenter, they use this tool and would do the job in 5mins t.abts. NOTE, please "check" the dia: is 65mm smaller section has been known, but usually of German origin >; Best obtain C.A.K. tanks Ltd. Catalogue, all the fittings are listed and much more. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] p.s C.C I dont understand your "y" idia. Brian K. censored!
Neuvosleeper
Neuvosleeper

Male

Member Age : 87
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo 11
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down