The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Satellite

+5
Mrgeoffrey
meanchris
Justus2
greycaster
rich g
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Satellite  - Page 2 Empty Re: Satellite

Post by brodco Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:10 pm

Hi  wave

Peter Brown wrote:Another vote for the LH socket to be the input:

Confirmed by the instruction manual - OK it's in German but the legend on the device is in English! allthumbz

http://cdn.billiger.com/dynimg/PU7_6Wv1ttI68oo-7LJyGft4H9rycHjeBa9LTdXG2DADM17miBramQum085HTVd1STFRGNfHpBb-KgdqOxIRSU/MICROELECTRONIC-MicroM25-SC-Bedienungsanleitung-06efe8.pdf

Haven't found the English manual - yet!

Brod
brodco
brodco
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Duetto
Vehicle Year : 1997

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:15 pm

Interested how this obviously Germany population focused device ended up in an AS?

Peter #1
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by meanchris Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:15 pm

Zey haf vays of making you confused. winks hugegrins
meanchris

Male

Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : N/A

Back to top Go down

Post by rich g Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:34 pm

meanchris wrote:You'll need an extra (preferably short) satellite cable with a plug at each end.

Disconnect the existing cable from the receiver and plug it into the L/H socket on the finder marked 'Satellite', then plug the short extension cable into the socket marked 'Receiver' on the finder and the other end into the socket on the 'Micro M25 SC' receiver.

Follow the finder instructions to move and align the satellite dish.

EDIT: Is the dish cable currently plugged into the correct socket on the M25 SC Receiver? I can't find any helpful pictures on the net which show the legends on the two connectors.
It's worth checking that you have the cable into the correct connector at the moment, as this picture seems to show the dish cable in the other socket from the one in your picture:

Satellite  - Page 2 B002DPTLSM-PG
Its me again,i have Disconnected the cable from the Micro receiver(marked LNB in) and attached it to the sat finder(marked satellite) then a cable from the sat finder(marked receiver ) to the Micro receiver marked LNB in.
When i look at the TV i can see a signal as normal,but nothing is showing on the sat finder.
Have i connected it up wrong ?
p.s i know i can find a satellite without the new sat finder but as i have just bought it,i thought i would try it to see if it may be quicker to set up.
rich g
rich g

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper : Peugeot Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2009

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:48 pm

rich g wrote:
Its me again,i have Disconnected the cable from the Micro receiver(marked LNB in) and attached it to the sat finder(marked satellite) then a cable from the sat finder(marked receiver ) to the Micro receiver marked LNB in.
When i look at the TV i can see a signal as normal,but nothing is showing on the sat finder.
Have i connected it up wrong ?
p.s i know i can find a satellite without the new sat finder but as i have just bought it,i thought i would try it to see if it may be quicker to set up.

If its the unit you posted a link too from Maplins, apparently their are no instructions. I would guess the buzzer button switches the tone on and off and that you use the left and right ATT buttons to adjust the gain of the device. Again a guess, use the right button until you hit max sensitivity and you should have a continuous loud tone when you are pointing at the sat. Reduce the sensitivity with the ATT left then right buttons until the point when there is just a tone. Moving the dish you should lose the tone and listening for the tome to return should help alignment. I would expect the closer to the sat position you are, the louder the tone. Again - all just guess work.

Peter #1
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by meanchris Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:54 pm

That's how my cheap Aldi one worked Peter, a rising tone to indicate a stronger signal, falling as the signal faded when you move the dish around.

It won't appear to do much Rich if the satellite dish is already receiving a good signal. As Peter says, you have to adjust the sensitivity while looking for the satellite so that moving the dish around produces the rising/falling tone.

Don't forget that changing lat/long means that you may have to alter the 'skew' of the LNB, and you should be OK.
If you forget, you may get a strong signal but the quality will be poor, so still no picture. I've come across a few people confused by this on sites around France.
meanchris

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rich g Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:36 pm

What i don't understand is without the sat finder i can get satellite TV,but with the sat finder i thought i would be quicker.
But nothing registers on the finder i thought i may have connected it wrong.
Have i connected it right as in my earlier post
rich g
rich g

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper : Peugeot Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2009

Back to top Go down

Post by meanchris Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:42 pm

rich g wrote:What i don't understand is without the sat finder i can get satellite TV,but with the sat finder i thought i would be quicker.
But nothing registers on the finder i thought i may have connected it wrong.
Have i connected it right as in my earlier post

Yes, that's how you should connect the finder.

Peter's post explains why it doesn't appear to do anything. You have to increase the 'gain' (amplification) of the finder to make it register the signal by adjusting the little knobs.

It still won't tell you anything useful, unless you're moving the dish so that you can hear the rise and fall of the tone, (and see the meter needle move, if it has one).
meanchris

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rich g Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:59 pm

Thank for your help,Peter and meanchris
rich g
rich g

Male