The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vw LT35 Medalion Goods on Body type V5?

2 posters

Go down

Vw LT35 Medalion Goods on Body type V5? Empty Vw LT35 Medalion Goods on Body type V5?

Post by Big Erb 98 Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:03 am

can any one please tell me if they also have (on the V5) "GOODS" instead of "MOTORHOME" in the Bodytype section my van has never been changed over it's a 1998 VW LT35 Auto-Sleeper Medalion thanks. confused3
Big Erb 98
Big Erb 98
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 61
Auto-Sleeper : Medallion
Vehicle Year : 1998

Back to top Go down

Vw LT35 Medalion Goods on Body type V5? Empty Re: Vw LT35 Medalion Goods on Body type V5?

Post by -mojo- Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:47 pm

There are very few Medallion owners here so you're not likely to get a huge range of replies to choose from!

If the body type is not shown as "Motor Caravan" then for a start you will be restricted to commercial vehicle speed limits, and subject to fines if you exceed them.

It would be a bit unusual for A/S or the dealer to have made that mistake from new - is it possible that it has been rebodied (or more accurately, the body removed and put on a different chassis)?
-mojo-
-mojo-

Male

Member Age : 24
Auto-Sleeper : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down

Vw LT35 Medalion Goods on Body type V5? Empty Re: Vw LT35 Medalion Goods on Body type V5?

Post by Big Erb 98 Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:54 pm

-mojo- wrote:There are very few Medallion owners here so you're not likely to get a huge range of replies to choose from!

If the body type is not shown as "Motor Caravan" then for a start you will be restricted to commercial vehicle speed limits, and subject to fines if you exceed them.

It would be a bit unusual for A/S or the dealer to have made that mistake from new - is it possible that it has been rebodied (or more accurately, the body removed and put on a different chassis)?
Thanks for the reply mojo everything seems in order vin etc even the chassis rails look like they are original I phoned the DVLA and the woman said to change it to MOTORHOME in the blue section of the V5 (is that correct or does it say MOTOR CARAVAN on one's that are correct?) she said to take photographs of the inside and to take a photo of the van showing the number plates on ,
the colour is correct on the V5 it says white/grey which the body is.

on a diffrent topic does anyone know where the glow plug relay is on a LT35 medallion Iv'e looked where the normal LT35 says it is and it's not there!!! the van has only done 67K and has had new glow plugs fitted at sometime (old one's are in glovebox) but the yellow glow plug light comes on for a few seconds and you have to crank for about 10 seconds it then starts but you can smell the unburnt diesel and it's very smokey until about a minuet or so I think that the relay might have a blade fuse (the old LT35's had 1) that has blown any ideas would be helpful thanks in advance.
Big Erb 98
Big Erb 98
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 61
Auto-Sleeper : Medallion
Vehicle Year : 1998

Back to top Go down

Post by -mojo- Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:29 am

I've never seen a Body Type of MOTORHOME. As far as I'm aware the only valid entry in that field for a motorhome or camper is MOTOR CARAVAN. Seems archaic but that's how it is.

I don't know LT35s at all and you may not find many people here who do - because it was only used very rarely by A/S as a conversion base. You may be able to find out more by getting hold of a copy of ELSA - I guess it covers the LT35 but I confess I've never checked.
-mojo-
-mojo-

Male

Member Age : 24
Auto-Sleeper : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down