The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Outdoor Revolution Movelite T2 Air Awning

3 posters

Go down

Outdoor Revolution Movelite T2 Air Awning Empty Outdoor Revolution Movelite T2 Air Awning

Post by MarieJ Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:08 pm

I have been thinking about buying an air awning and have been impressed with the outdoor revolution range due to the safety valve. Does anyone have experience of using one? The main reason for having the awning is for growing children or ageing parents  to sleep.  I am slightly concerned that it will not be warm enough.  I'm also interested to learn as to whether many campsites will charge extra for an awning. There is a bit of a deal with Black Friday at Winfields Outdoors, however I would prefer to do a bit more research rather than impulse buy.  Any advice most welcome.
Marie J
MarieJ
MarieJ

Female

Member Age : 58
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo es
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Outdoor Revolution Movelite T2 Air Awning Empty Re: Outdoor Revolution Movelite T2 Air Awning

Post by T25Pete Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:53 pm

Hi there,
We have a Movelite Duo, great once you get the hang of putting it up. It has proved to be tough including being turned over by a big gust without the storm straps on. No damage or bent poles to worry about. 
Sites generally charge for an awning and some don’t like the sewn in ground sheets.
We don’t sleep in the awning but think that you would need an inner so that you could keep the bugs out.
Pete
T25Pete
T25Pete

Male

Member Age : 65
Auto-Sleeper : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Outdoor Revolution Movelite T2 Air Awning Empty Re: Outdoor Revolution Movelite T2 Air Awning

Post by MarieJ Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:31 pm

Hi Pete, thanks for the information. The T2 is on offer for £449 for black friday, a good saving but still an expensive purchase hence apprehension. An inner tent and groundsheet are also available at reduced black friday prices.  I looked at the Duo but didn't think it would reach the 2.9m height of our van and is currently out of stock. The sales man said putting up the awning was a ten minute job, is this accurate?  Can I ask how high your van is and how you are attaching the awning?  I have been told I can clip onto the Fiamma roll out already fitted.
Regards, Marie J
MarieJ
MarieJ

Female

Member Age : 58
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo es
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy mae Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:51 am

We had one for the caravan, found it far too heavy not just in the van but when erecting, we decided to sell it unused.

Dr. Seuss
daisy mae
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Hampshire Topaz
Vehicle Year : 2008 98

Back to top Go down

Post by T25Pete Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:29 pm

Our Awning is a Tall and fits nicely onto the awning rail of the built in Roll out. We needed to buy a figure of 8 strip. To be honest it takes about 20 mins to erect once you get the hang of it. Most of this is the pegging out which would be the same as a pole awning. We use a small camping trainer for all of the awning kit as I want to keep the van clear inside when travelling. 
Pete
T25Pete
T25Pete

Male

Member Age : 65
Auto-Sleeper : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down