The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Neuvo ES

4 posters

Go down

Neuvo ES Empty Neuvo ES

Post by Jamie D Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:41 pm

We have a 2017 ES and are novice Motorhomers and welcome your views on the use of the Water Tank Heaters. The owners manual is not clear (to us) on the use of the Water Tank Heater isolation switch (page 9-20) which is located above the Hab door on our model. On handover day, we were told we didn't need to touch the switch but the OM suggest it needs to be switched on to provide power to the Water tank heater blankets, when low temperatures are expected. Our vehicle is fitted with the Sargent EC328CP which does not have a defrost button on the control panel, unlike the EC480CP which according to the OM does. Do owners with thE EC328CP set up, turn on the switch above the door to power up the Water Tank heater blankets?
Jamie D
Jamie D

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Neuvo LT
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Neuvo ES Empty Re: Neuvo ES

Post by Cymro Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:29 am

Briefly cos am in a rush:
Only use tank heaters when connected to mains as they drain the leisure battery;
Switch for fresh water tank is where you describe;
Switch for grey water tank is under o/s bench on the vertical face of wardrobe - very well hidden!!
Cymro
Cymro
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamie D Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:23 am

Thank you so much for confirmation, didn't realise there was another switch for the grey water! Will have to have a look for it. The mystique of owning a motorhome and the wonders of the forum!
Jamie D
Jamie D

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymro Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:43 am

Yes - this Forum is excellent!

I should have mentioned that of course the tank heaters will only work when the engine is not running. And as has been pointed out on a recent thread here, they won't stop the unlagged pipework under the van from freezing, albeit that the sloshing water in the tanks is unlikely to freeze whilst on the move.

If it be of any help, Jamie, since early 2015 when I bought our NuevoES  I have compiled a list of "Tips gleaned from others" from this wonderful Forum. I've indexed it, and it has some photos. There are 28 entries, running to 24 pages. Of course, the selection of items reflects my ignorance of those topics, or are tips which are or might be very useful for me. Examples include lengthy but very helpful explanations from Sargent as to how to operate their systems; how to mount the spare wheel; lubricant for rubber seals; how to remove / refit fridge vents; etc etc.

You (or any other ES owner) are welcome to a copy, by sending me a pm with your email address (I don't think it's possible to add attachments to a pm, so the file must be sent to you direct by email.). As we're off to the Cotswolds this morning, I won't be able to reply until early next week.

Cymro
Cymro
Cymro
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Bad Penny Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:47 am

The heater blankets are there for when the temperature outside is likely to freeze, switch on the blanket to prevent your tanks from freezing.

As Cymro says, only use when on electric hook up otherwise you will drain your leisure battery.

Leighton.

Bad Penny
Bad Penny
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper : Ex Broadway owner
Vehicle Year : 2014 mod

Back to top Go down

Neuvo ES Empty Messaging

Post by Jamie D Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:07 pm

Being new to the forum, how do you PM please?
Jamie D
Jamie D

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Quilter Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:18 pm

Jamie D wrote:Being new to the forum, how do you PM please?

When you are logged in to the forum look in the left hand side column of any post the person you want to PM has written. At the bottom right of that column there is a small button with “pm” on it. Click on that and take it from there.  You won’t see the pm button if you are logged out.
Quilter
Quilter
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EK TB LP
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamie D Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:16 pm

Thank you for the info on posting.
Jamie D