The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Maiden voyage in the Broadway

+13
Maasai Warrior
Molly3
Gromit
safariboy
Quilter
harrysp
jennyandpeter
Kingham
Paramedic
meanchris
Paulmold
inspiredron
big'nuf
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Maiden voyage in the Broadway  - Page 2 Empty Re: Maiden voyage in the Broadway

Post by big'nuf Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:45 am

Just an update on recent minor issues with my Broadway...

Cigarette lighter socket not working - The fuse is not where the OM says it is..it is in fact under the bonnet. To access it you have to remove the NS headlamp unit. Job done.

Sink drain poor - I heated up and put a slight bend in the horizontal pipe from the sink to the elbow then cut an inch off the down pipe from the elbow, refitted it all....perfect fast draining..job done.

Window rattle when closed - rattles where there is still a small gap between the catch lever and the bracket when closed tight, so thin spacer stuck between should stop it....job done.

Fog lamp coming on and off  - still ongoing.

TV and microwave issue - not going to worry about it.

Wind deflectors cutting down view - cannot find clear ones, so going to try cutting them down a bit.

Thanks to everyone with their thoughts, advice and help...great forum !

Looking forward to next weekend for another voyage in the Broadway.
big'nuf
big'nuf

Male

Member Age : 61
Auto-Sleeper : Stanton and Broadway
Vehicle Year : 2013/201

Back to top Go down

Post by Gromit Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:00 am

big'nuf wrote:Sink drain poor - I heated up and put a slight bend in the horizontal pipe from the sink to the elbow then cut an inch off the down pipe from the elbow, refitted it all....perfect fast draining..job done.  up!

Wind deflectors cutting down view - cannot find clear ones, so going to try cutting them down a bit.
Morning Biggie

Your sink drain fix is interesting - not quite the same as some ideas I had heard before. I think that might have to be the next job on our van - thanks.

The wind deflectors. If you wanted to buy clear ones, try Climair. Theirs are very good quality and I know some of their models come in clear plastic, although I don't know about the motorhome type. We have had them on all our cars for years and they are excellent, not only against the wind but they deflect the torrents of water off the roof when you get into a stationary vehicle.    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by meanchris Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:14 am

The wind deflector thing is strange; in both our previous X230 and X244 Peugeot Execs I would comment that, if anything, not enough air came in through the open windows in hot weather, even at speed.

In fact the door profile seemed to be a good aerofoil, in that at high speed the trailing edges of the doors would lift off the door seals.

I don't know what the X250 is like, no doubt I'll soon find out though.
meanchris

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : None
Vehicle Year : N/A

Back to top Go down

Post by big'nuf Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:38 pm

Gromit wrote:
big'nuf wrote:Sink drain poor - I heated up and put a slight bend in the horizontal pipe from the sink to the elbow then cut an inch off the down pipe from the elbow, refitted it all....perfect fast draining..job done.  up!

Morning Biggie

Your sink drain fix is interesting - not quite the same as some ideas I had heard before. I think that might have to be the next job on our van - thanks.

The wind deflectors. If you wanted to buy clear ones, try Climair. Theirs are very good quality and I know some of their models come in clear plastic, although I don't know about the motorhome type. We have had them on all our cars for years and they are excellent, not only against the wind but they deflect the torrents of water off the roof when you get into a stationary vehicle.    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Thank you
The sink thing was quick and easy...just take out all the drawers and you have good access to the pipe. They are all just plastic push fit. Remove the horizontal pipe from the sink, the 90 degree elbow and the down pipe.
Nip an inch off the down pipe, warm the horizontal pipe over the gas ring gently and bend it slightly. Re fit is the reversal...

Thanks for info on ClimAir...I have been in touch and they are helping me out.

Thank you
big'nuf
big'nuf

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by big'nuf Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:40 pm

meanchris wrote:The wind deflector thing is strange; in both our previous X230 and X244 Peugeot Execs I would comment that, if anything, not enough air came in through the open windows in hot weather, even at speed.

In fact the door profile seemed to be a good aerofoil, in that at high speed the trailing edges of the doors would lift off the door seals.

I don't know what the X250 is like, no doubt I'll soon find out though.

I only fit them so we can leave the front windows open half an inch to provide a fresh air flow in the van when parked up - especially good when in storage, whilst we sleep and in hot weather.

Les
big'nuf
big'nuf

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Molly3 Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:23 pm

Paulmold wrote:Thanks Harrysp. We have to spin seats round in our Nuevo, the passenger side is not a problem but the drivers side is a bit of a pain as you have to wind the seat back up so that it passes the steering wheel and shunt the seat back and forth until facing backwards. This may not be the case on a 2 berth Nuevo but ours is an ES and I'd just like to be able to crash out on a bed without the hassle. So it's an EK version we need. Unfortunately they seem in short supply around here, plenty of EB and FB (longer at 6.7m).
On my nuevo ek i have to lower the handbrake to swivel drivers seat
Molly3
Molly3

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by Gromit Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:49 pm

Molly3 wrote:On my nuevo ek i have to lower the handbrake to swivel drivers seat
Hi Molly

This is where it helps if you enter the year of your van. The most recent ones don't have that problem.

There is an easy fix for it, but I can't find it just now. Cymro might remember as he did it to his van I think. It's on here somewhere, and is the job of only a few minutes.
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK LP

Back to top Go down

Post by Maasai Warrior Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:45 am

Paulmold, just seen this Broadway ek tb on SMCs (Newark) website if you are interested.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Pete
Maasai Warrior
Maasai Warrior
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Ex Broadway EB owner
Vehicle Year : Mar 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:23 am

Maasai Warrior wrote:Paulmold, just seen this Broadway ek tb on SMCs (Newark) website if you are interested.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Pete
Thanks Pete. I'll give them a call but unless they give a super trade-in it's probably over budget.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymro Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:26 am

Gromit wrote:Cymro might remember as he did it to his van I think.
Sorry for delay in picking this up, but have been enjoying a short break at Broadway. Lots of Autosleepers there.

I have indeed implemented two modifications to the handbrake on my Boxer-based Nuevo. The first was to buy a Rare-Spares handbrake extender (another tip from PaulMold I seem to recall). It works very well.

The other was also recommended on the Forum, but my quick search didn't find the source so I can't acknowledge it.  But in short, the base of the handbrake lever has a plastic cover; remove it to reveal three nuts which secure the lever. The 3 nuts were loosened; the top two were removed and a washer (in my case 2 x 3mm was all I had available) was fitted before the 2 nuts were reattached. All 3 nuts then secured. Replace plastic cover. Even I could do it!

That has the effect of moving the lever to the offside when it's pulled up - and that's just enough to allow the seat to be rotated and left facing the rear without fouling the handbrake lever.

In my case, the Extender first has to be unhinged (it has a little ring-pull bolt) to permit the extender to tip forward to the floor. The seat can then be rotated. In practice, when on gravel or similar level hardstanding - having allowed the van to find its stationary position when I parked it  - I leave the vehicle in gear and rarely apply the handbrake. If a brick or similar chock is available, I might use that for peace of mind.

Cymro
Cymro
Cymro
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES

Back to top Go down

Post by rgermain Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:20 pm

Molly3 wrote:
Paulmold wrote:Thanks Harrysp. We have to spin seats round in our Nuevo, the passenger side is not a problem but the drivers side is a bit of a pain as you have to wind the seat back up so that it passes the steering wheel and shunt the seat back and forth until facing backwards. This may not be the case on a 2 berth Nuevo but ours is an ES and I'd just like to be able to crash out on a bed without the hassle. So it's an EK version we need. Unfortunately they seem in short supply around here, plenty of EB and FB (longer at 6.7m).
On my nuevo ek i have to lower the handbrake to swivel drivers seat

Sounds like the Topaz we sold, with the handbrake and seats.

Warwick duo now, never looked back, nice all over.
rgermain
rgermain
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper : Warwick duo

Back to top Go down

Post by ajrm Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:32 pm

You might want to take out those sink drawers and look at those push fit joints again. We had one come adrift in our 2013 Broadway fb in the middle of winter down in the south of France, at night, as we emptied a bowl full of washing up water down the sink. It flooded the floor and all the wiring under the side sofa, then another joint fell apart a few months later, doing the same again. Push fit joints and bumpy roads don’t go well together. I ended up using plastic weld to glue all the joints together. 
Why AS don’t do that I will never know.

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Ex 2013 Broadway FB
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by big'nuf Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:54 pm

Great Ajrm, 
Those were my thoughts exactly when I put it back together...I put some paper under for now to see if there are any small leaks, I will certainly check them at every pitch-up, and probably glue them once I know it all works fine (but I was a bit reluctant in case I ever need to change it again)....
big'nuf
big'nuf

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by cruisecontrol Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:52 pm

Cymro wrote:
Gromit wrote:Cymro might remember as he did it to his van I think.
Sorry for delay in picking this up, but have been enjoying a short break at Broadway. Lots of Autosleepers there.

I have indeed implemented two modifications to the handbrake on my Boxer-based Nuevo. The first was to buy a Rare-Spares handbrake extender (another tip from PaulMold I seem to recall). It works very well.

The other was also recommended on the Forum, but my quick search didn't find the source so I can't acknowledge it.  But in short, the base of the handbrake lever has a plastic cover; remove it to reveal three nuts which secure the lever. The 3 nuts were loosened; the top two were removed and a washer (in my case 2 x 3mm was all I had available) was fitted before the 2 nuts were reattached. All 3 nuts then secured. Replace plastic cover. Even I could do it!

That has the effect of moving the lever to the offside when it's pulled up - and that's just enough to allow the seat to be rotated and left facing the rear without fouling the handbrake lever.

In my case, the Extender first has to be unhinged (it has a little ring-pull bolt) to permit the extender to tip forward to the floor. The seat can then be rotated. In practice, when on gravel or similar level hardstanding - having allowed the van to find its stationary position when I parked it  - I leave the vehicle in gear and rarely apply the handbrake. If a brick or similar chock is available, I might use that for peace of mind.

Cymro
Cymro

Thanks for the tip. Just adjusted my handbrake to allow the seat to swivel. Mine is a 2015 Broadway and would seem to be a slightly different fitting, having a triangular flange where just the top bolt needed spacers. The cover also needed a bit of filing to allow free movement of the handle. No more chocking the wheels to prevent it rolling, then swivelling the seat and applying handbrake or leaving in gear!
cruisecontrol
cruisecontrol

Male

Member Age : 81
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2