The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

bike rack for the malvern

4 posters

Go down

bike rack for the malvern Empty bike rack for the malvern

Post by toffee1956 Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:38 pm

After phoning around and sent from one place to another, i was told this model was the one, and was informed i could purchase it if i wanted and Marquis would fit it.So i bought it off eBay for £159.00 . Contacted Marquis Ivybridge who told me 4 weeks lead time, 3hours labour at £78 an hour. Contacted Marquis Poole Dorset as i live in Weymouth 2hours labour at £78 an hour also around the 4 week lead time.I am new to this and go on holiday to France on September 5th.Rang several NCC approved trained technicians regarding fitting, as the motorhome is still under warranty.I was told by them it had to be fitted by Marquis as they are part owners of auto sleeper. Now very confused, having been a cabinet maker all my life, is something like a bike rack that complicated, and where can i join the secret handshake club  to find out where the secret re-enforcement timber bars go on the malvern.
Any help would be much appreciated.
toffee1956
toffee1956

Male

Member Age : 67
Auto-Sleeper : auto sleeper malvern
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

bike rack for the malvern Empty Re: bike rack for the malvern

Post by PLOUGHLIN Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:04 pm

When I asked AS for reinforcement positions for the approved rack, was told "won't tell you, fitment is a professional task".

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 54
Auto-Sleeper : MB Gloucester
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Paramedic Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:40 pm

Our user manual readily states in sec. 4-1 that "the rear panel coach work has been strengthened accordingly. Timber is bonded into the bodywork immediately above the rear light units, laterally across the vehicle. This allows the lower mounting brackets for the Fiamma Pro-C cycle rack to be fitted in in a suitably reinforced area. Your A/S dealer will give further advice or assistance if required" Abiding by this instruction applicable to our van, sees the rack mounted quite high up off the ground (perhaps too high for some for manual lift) that does not hide the Broadway logo positioned between said light clusters. Perhaps not for the feint hearted but the fitting instructions by way of illustration, does give a comprehensive guide.

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway FB
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post by crosgor Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:26 am

We gave up on wall mounted bike racks as we were struggling to lift the bikes that high safely. On our current and previous van we have used a tow bar mounted rack, rock solid and very easy to load/unload.
crosgor
crosgor
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : ex-Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down