The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spotted between Perth and Pitlochry today

3 posters

Go down

Spotted between Perth and Pitlochry today Empty Spotted between Perth and Pitlochry today

Post by kaspian Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:53 pm

Spotted 3 golden white A/s van conversions and a white Nuevo heading north on A9 between Perth and Pitlochry today having just spent 3 nights at Blair Atholl and been the only A/s seen on site!
kaspian

Male

Member Age : 64
Auto-Sleeper : WARWICK XL
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Spotted between Perth and Pitlochry today Empty Re: Spotted between Perth and Pitlochry today

Post by burlingtonboaby Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:00 pm

Maybe heading up to start the NC 500 ? Hope to with them soon.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Spotted between Perth and Pitlochry today Empty Re: Spotted between Perth and Pitlochry today

Post by Askit Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:08 pm

Spent many happy holidays at the Blair Castle site, mostly with our various tents and once with our "wheels". We were on a site at Pitlochry over the weekend and only spotted one AS there, a Neuvo II ? Now up at Grantown on Spey (in the sunshine) and a Ravenna left earlier. Plenty of motorhomes but no AS vans.

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Neuvo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by kaspian Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:45 pm

Hi Askit , yes the Bkair Castle site is superb but getting pricey.Was busy when we were there and only got a fully serviced pitch at £33 per night . It was so big that you could have parked 8 of our vans on it mind you ! Didnt pay much more than that for a beautiful modern city centre flat in Warsaw the week before with all amenities inc great wifi.Makes you wonder if the van is worth it.....maybe need to try wild camping!
kaspian

Male

Member Age : 64
Auto-Sleeper : WARWICK XL
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:14 pm

Askit wrote:Spent many happy holidays at the Blair Castle site, mostly with our various tents and once with our "wheels". We were on a site at Pitlochry over the weekend and only spotted one AS there, a Neuvo II ? Now up at Grantown on Spey (in the sunshine) and a Ravenna left earlier. Plenty of motorhomes but no AS vans.
Hi Tony
We stopped over at the Pitlochry site ,the one next to the river ? Anyway we had a roasting hot weekend for the Highland games , listened to the"Vale " pipes and drums, wonderfull, the Vale used come over to Bute and stop at a small hotel in Port Bannertyne.
Before they went into their digs, the band would treat the locals to a few tunes, really great .
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Askit Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:57 pm

Kaspian, I think all the sites are getting a bit greedy. This is a great site but at £32 a night for a basic hardstanding with leccie. They do have "superfast wifi", what the omit to say is that is only on the "super" pitches. The ISP kept blocking ASOF so i'm using my own mifi to send this. 

Boaby, I think we're talking the same place, Milton of Fonab. Good site with great access to the town and other amenities, local walks, the theatre, not to mention the Edradour distillery  allthumbz

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Askit Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:36 pm

Askit wrote:Kaspian, I think all the sites are getting a bit greedy. This is a great site but at £32 a night for a basic hardstanding with leccie. They do have "superfast wifi", what the omit to say is that is only on the "super" pitches. The ISP kept blocking ASOF so i'm using my own mifi to send this. 

Boaby, I think we're talking the same place, Milton of Fonab. Good site with great access to the town and other amenities, local walks, the theatre, not to mention the Edradour distillery  allthumbz
I should have pointed out that there is a discount on the price quoted if you are a member of the CAMC............of £1 a night   content

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:37 pm

Askit wrote:Kaspian, I think all the sites are getting a bit greedy. This is a great site but at £32 a night for a basic hardstanding with leccie. They do have "superfast wifi", what the omit to say is that is only on the "super" pitches. The ISP kept blocking ASOF so i'm using my own mifi to send this. 

That's the one Tony, it was a really hot weekend in September .really fast running river .
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down