The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Control Panel

+5
Askit
burlingtonboaby
Paramedic
dbroada
AJRG
9 posters

Go down

Control Panel Empty Control Panel

Post by AJRG Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:33 pm

New to the forum
I have a 2013 Broadway EB.

The Waste indicator shows as "full" even though the waste tank has been fully emptied. Has anyone else experienced this problem.  Is there a reset option.  All suggestions welcome
Thanks
AJRG
AJRG

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

Control Panel Empty Re: Control Panel

Post by dbroada Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:20 pm

I offer you my cheap solution, ignore it.

When our van goes in for its habitation check I will mention it but I doubt if it will be fixed. It was fixed last year for a few months but soon went to 100% full again. The fix they did to the fresh water gauge HAS been successful which to me is more important.

Obviously you will need to keep emptying the grey tank but I tend to do that at the same time as filling the fresh. The gauge will flash and start shouting at you when it wants but if I press the sideways arrow button it behaves itself.

dbroada
dbroada
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK (Stolen)
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Paramedic Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:47 pm

AJRG, hello and welcome to this most friendly and informative forum. asof_welcome2

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper : Broadway FB
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:12 am

AJRG wrote:New to the forum

The Waste indicator shows as "full" even though the waste tank has been fully emptied. Has anyone else experienced this problem.  Is there a reset option.  All suggestions welcome
Thanks
Hi and welcome to the forum .
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by Askit Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:47 am

R
AJRG wrote:New to the forum

Thanks

Welcome to the forum AJRN. If you do a search on this thread you will find several posts on the same topic with suggestions on how to remedy the issue.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Neuvo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by ajrm Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:15 am

Best remedy is to disconnect the wiring to the waste tank sensors and empty the tank every time you fill up.
We had the sensors cleaned 3 times on our '13 Broadway FB, each time the gauge lasted a week before acting up again. It's just a bad design I reckon.

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Ex 2013 Broadway FB

Back to top Go down

Post by Maasai Warrior Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:23 am

Our 2014 Broadway has similiar issues, even after they were supposedly sorted by AS. The waste gives false readings most of the time, so, as I have always done, I empty every day.
The yellow full band on the waste is a common sight even after I have emptied the tank. I just ignore it and get on and enjoy my holiday. I know it's supposed to work and I have been irritated in the past by it, but there seems to be no solution. Funnily enough we have had no problems with the fresh water gauge, it works perfectly, at the moment, touch wood!

Pete
Maasai Warrior
Maasai Warrior
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Ex Broadway EB owner
Vehicle Year : Mar 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:49 am

asof_welcome2
As you can see this is a common problem which can be fixed or like many, just ignore it and empty regularly.  There are some on the forum who have had "repaired" several times. At the moment we are sitting with fingers crossed
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by ajrm Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:25 pm

The first time the dealer cleaned the tank and sensors for me, he showed me how it was a poor design. The sensors in the tank are stainless steel probes which complete a circuit to earth when they are in water. The problem is, these sensors are short and any bit of crud in the waste water could bridge the very small gap between the probe and the earth connection. These probes need to be longer with the tip a good way from the earth terminal so the gap can only be bridged by water. 
The same probes are on the fresh tank and it is unlikely there is any crud or bits of greasy food in the tank to cause the problem

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Ex 2013 Broadway FB

Back to top Go down

Post by Gromit Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:23 pm

I'm with ajrm and others.

By the time you've lugged a dozen or so watering cans full to top up the fresh tank, it's very likely the waste tank will need emptying soon. Simple logic.

It's always a pest when something doesn't work, but this is one of the least serious snags with the modern water system!!  fedup
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down