The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nuevo / Boxer Rear light cluster

2 posters

Go down

Nuevo / Boxer Rear light cluster Empty Nuevo / Boxer Rear light cluster

Post by jaffa Sat May 20, 2017 4:31 pm

I have had the real light unit off my 2003 Nuevo, as the Reversing light and Rear light aren't working. I replaced the bulbs, to no avail. Now I'm thinking this is unlikely to be a fuse issue, as the indicator works fine,  has anybody got any words of wisdom before I find someone to fix it? - wires just disappear into the void, and I have no idea where to start, if it can be fixed by a mere mortal such as myself!! confused3 
/Cheers, in advance!
jaffa
jaffa

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2003

Back to top Go down

Nuevo / Boxer Rear light cluster Empty Re: Nuevo / Boxer Rear light cluster

Post by Gromit Sat May 20, 2017 5:00 pm

Can you get to check the earth connection?

That's often the problem when some work but others don't.
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by jaffa Sat May 20, 2017 5:38 pm

I've not done this yet, as had to get home. Am going back on monday and I'll check it first. There is an on-site engineer where we keep the van, so if all else fails i can get him on it, but I'd like to have a fiddle first! There has been water ingress, I should add, the metal chassis of the cluster has oxidised somewhat, so I'll also need to try and re-seal it!
jaffa
jaffa

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by jaffa Tue May 23, 2017 10:03 am

Well, that was simple enough! I'm guessing that the water ingress was down to one of those pesky pressure washers, but it had caused the chassis of the cluster to oxidise. I stripped it all down, dipped all the spade terminals in vinegar, which got them shiny new in about 2 minutes, then used wet & dry to thoroughly clean all the points of contact, and voila, all is good. All very easy, but as a new owner, with little experience in any vehicle maintenance, I was all set to hand it over to a man and pay him to fix it, but with a little encouragement from here and a facebook group for MH maintenance, I did it myself. Very satisfying! Thanks.
jaffa
jaffa

Male

Back to top Go down