The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rienza Service

2 posters

Go down

Rienza Service Empty Rienza Service

Post by Dave 418 Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:14 pm

allthumbz Our Rienza has just had its first Service and MOT since we bought it. I wasnt exspecting any major problems because its only done 30,000 miles. 
There were two items on the advisory, stone chipped windscreen in the swept area and mildly scored front brake discs.
The garage said the brake fluid the had a high viscosity reading so they changed the fluid apart from that it was just a normal service, oil and filters and adjust the handbrake. Hopefully that should give us another year on the road to look forward to.
After being out last weekend the van was thick with mud  shrugg. I was very surprised  to get the van back washed and the cab hoovered out, sadly only the cab.  winks

Garages that care for there customers are hard to find these days.
P.S Car Services, King Edward st, Grimsby, if any one is in the area and need of help.
Dave 418
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Rienza
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Rienza Service Empty Re: Rienza Service

Post by burlingtonboaby Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:51 am

Rare treat these days Dave "customer care " in the day , the drivers seat and floor at the drivers feet was protected from muck.
I hate having to clean the front step and foot pedals of garage crud .
Watch out for the high pressure washers, see JTs post.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave 418 Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:45 pm

When I was working at the roadside we did customer care courses, care bear courses as they were know. I use this garage because they looked after customers I took to them during my 22 years at the roadside. 
I am a bit wary of the use of pressure washers on motorhomes but I dont think this one off should be a problem. Whilst tidying the van today I cant see any water ingress. The guy that washes the cars isnt one of the younger staff so he has a bit of common sense.
 The MOT staff dont wear overalls and seat covers and carpet covers are always fitted.
  I worked at a main dealers for six weeks. The workshop floor was oily and grotty. Working on new cars was a nightmare to keep the interiors from being marked. I had to use my own seat cover. The bus workshop I moved to was cleaner !!!!.
Dave 418
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave 418 Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:02 pm

allthumbz Just to add to my last post. The habitation check and service was done on Tuesday by the people we bought the van from. They could find nothing to report, the highest damp reading was in the locker under the middle seat at the back "10%". If that is a true reading on a cold wet day in January we have no problems at all. Maybe this is a good omen for the forthcoming year. After that walking along Hunstanton sea front in the cold was not a problem. cold 
 Back to reality now as I need to get my head round a coach trip to Austria for my birthday this month.   birthday_cake!  Managements thinks we should have a break from the van occasionally.  tap_fingers
Dave 418
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down