The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Truma S3002 Heater

4 posters

Go down

Truma S3002 Heater Empty Truma S3002 Heater

Post by Dave 418 Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:50 pm

tap_fingers The top on our Truma heater, the bit on the wall under the wardrobe has had a loose top since we bought it. Whilst in the process of cleaning the inside I had look  at the top. It wasnt attached at one end so I took the front off suss out why it was loose. 
 There should be screws at both ends to secure the top to the front. One of the screws was missing and the bit to attach the screw to was inside the bottom of the heater. Thinking of making a repair I took the other screw out and the top fell in two halves. frustrating Some ones bad bodge I presume.

After a search on the tintenet I found our local motorhome parts people Magnum Motorhomes stock the top., Truma S3002 Fire Top Shelf. Part number 3040-6300. And they are cheaper that other suppliers. A phone call in the morning should resolve this. allthumbz

Whilst I had the Dyson out of its lair I hoovered all the fluff out of the heater. I have seen less fluff in our tumble dryer. Another bit that cant have been serviced before we collected the van. Photos will be going with me when it is in for its habitation check:tap_fingers:
Dave 418
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper : Rienza
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Truma S3002 Heater Empty Re: Truma S3002 Heater

Post by PLOUGHLIN Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:59 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

£31.03 inc delivery. Better ?

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 54
Auto-Sleeper : MB Gloucester
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:11 pm

Habitation check is just that, a check to see if it works. It is not a service.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave 418 Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:29 am

According to Magnums web site £25.95 for the top . No delivery as they are across town from were I live. I need some other supplies from them any way so that seems the place to go.
Youre right about the Habitation check Paul. I was a bit miffed when I typed that. It is just another thing I have found that really should have been done on the pre-ollection service. We were given a list of things they had checked  pre-delivery on our first van and I didnt find anything they had missed. Different dealers, not caravan sales people. 
 As I have said we are only going to them for the habitation check because it is  part of the sales package and we are going to Norfolk any way. Any work that is required after the check I will try and have done locally. 
 Next Monday is MOT day so we are planning a day out on the Sunday to give the engine a good warm through. Nothing worse than a vehicle that is presented for test that has been stood for a couple of weeks.
Dave 418
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave 418 Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:20 am

allthumbz Top cover bought and fitted. The  bodge with a screw through one end had damaged the mounting point for the top but with a little straightening the new top is now fitted. No more rattles and the smell of singing dust has gone as well. 
We had our tumble dryer modified to prevent the fluff from building up and getting on to the heating element causing a fire risk. The amount of fluff in our heater was getting very close to the heater bits. I always thought it was just a better heater than the one in the Duetto, it was never hot enough to make funny smells. 
Cant wait for our first trip, we will be nice and toasty warm without a rattling heater. allthumbz
Dave 418
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:47 am

Have a nice first trip Dave, without the nasty niffs. up!
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down