The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fuel gauge not registering when tank is full

3 posters

Go down

Fuel gauge not registering when tank is full Empty Fuel gauge not registering when tank is full

Post by Peter Parkes Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:16 am

Good morning everyone - any one experienced their fuel gauge not registering when the tank is full but starts to register when tank gets to three quarters full?

Picked up our Rienza on a Transit base in November and used it for Wells carnival weekend - had a couple of points that needed addressing under the warranty and the dealer was very good at getting these addressed. That included dropping the tank and fitting a new Ford fuel sensor unit but regrettably this did not cure the problem.

I am thinking fuel gauge but..............any ideas please?
Peter Parkes
Peter Parkes

Male

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper : Rienza
Vehicle Year : 2004

Back to top Go down

Fuel gauge not registering when tank is full Empty Re: Fuel gauge not registering when tank is full

Post by BobK Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:29 am

In the dark corners of my memory, there was (still is??) a voltage stabilisor on the instrument panel which controlled any surge in power and kept the gauges from flicking about.   This could be a pointer to your problem.     Sorry can't be more helpful  ..   haven't touched these things for years  !!   scratch head  

Bob
BobK
BobK

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Autosleepless!!

Back to top Go down

Fuel gauge not registering when tank is full Empty Re: Fuel gauge not registering when tank is full

Post by Peter Parkes Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:44 am

Thanks Bob - big help mate.

I think it is an anti surge pcb to smooth/average the voltage reading - guess the dealer might need to check & replace this as a next step.

Thank you.
Peter Parkes
Peter Parkes

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Parkes Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:37 pm

Using the motor home over Christmas so arrangements made for dealer to have it afterwards as they want to get it on Ford diagnostics to see if new instrument cluster needed. Watch this space.
Peter Parkes
Peter Parkes

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by BobK Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:29 pm

Good luck.   by the way ... are you Stonehouse, Lanarkshire ??   

Great van, the Rienza, had one for a number of years.

cheers
BobK
BobK

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Autosleepless!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave 418 Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:18 pm

When we got our Rienza the milage reading was unreadable and after a couple of weeks the speedo froze. Aparantly the digital dash on most cars suffered from printed circuit board problems at this time. Maybe there is a link to youre problems.
I found a firm in Bradford that sorted this whilst we waited. I took the intrument pod out myself but they can take it out if you require. My repairs included a new updated circuit board costing about £80.
Dave 418
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Parkes Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:56 am

Thanks guys - vehicle still under warranty and dealer being very good to date so letting them handle it at the moment.I will post an update when sorted out of interest.

Its Stone house Gloucestershire Bob.
Peter Parkes
Peter Parkes

Male

Back to top Go down