The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The South Coast Caravan & Motorhome Show

+2
daisy mae
sqwifeve
6 posters

Go down

The South Coast Caravan & Motorhome Show Empty The South Coast Caravan & Motorhome Show

Post by sqwifeve Wed 14 Sep 2016 - 23:51

Hi

Anyone going to the South Coast Caravan & Motorhome Show at Romsey, Hampshire?  The South Coast Caravan & Motorhome Show 938305172It's on 16-18th September. We had a lot of difficulty finding a wheelclamp locally that actually fit our motorhome and we felt quite anxious with it being on the road, so wanted to get one straight away. We thought we might be able to get a few more things in one place if we were lucky. Hopefully we won't just end up spending money on tempting gadgets that you use once or twice. Never having been to one of these shows, I'm not sure how good or bad they are? I'd better take one of those essential lists with me! The South Coast Caravan & Motorhome Show 2470514257
sqwifeve
sqwifeve

Female

Member Age : 66
Auto-Sleeper : Nuevo ES
Vehicle Year : Vehicle

Back to top Go down

The South Coast Caravan & Motorhome Show Empty Re: The South Coast Caravan & Motorhome Show

Post by daisy mae Thu 15 Sep 2016 - 8:07

I have been to a few shows, booked to go next week to Lincoln, the last big show of the year,  good for looking round, but do not be taken in by gadgets, a lot of MHomers  have lots of gadgets bought but not used.

Good place for ideas, best to go with a list you feel are essentials, not just nice to have. I found a fold up sink bowl, brilliant for my van, can actually get dinner plates in it, also stays in sink and the cover closes over the sink, a drainer with a lid, that is a container when travelling , holds crockery, racks for cutlery and cup holders, with a draining tray, one of my best buys .doesn`t take up a lot of room.

Enjoy your show and happy hunting.
Best regards,
Margaret

Dr. Seuss
daisy mae
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper : Hampshire Topaz
Vehicle Year : 2008 98

Back to top Go down

The South Coast Caravan & Motorhome Show Empty Re: The South Coast Caravan & Motorhome Show

Post by Paulmold Thu 15 Sep 2016 - 8:14

That show is run by Appletree Exhibitions whose shows are quite small by comparison to Warner Shows. So don't expect it to be heaving with stalls. Pity you're a long way from Lincoln as that is the last big show of the year.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by rose49f Thu 15 Sep 2016 - 9:20

Sqwifeve.  Sounds like you still haven't got a wheelclamp. http://www.towsure.com/milenco-original-wheel-clamp-m15  have got a wheelclamp that fits. 10% off orders over £100. Give them a ring so you get the right size allthumbz
rose49f
rose49f
Donator
Donator

Female

Member Age : 74
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down

Post by SteveUK Thu 15 Sep 2016 - 12:15

rose49f wrote:Sqwifeve.  Sounds like you still haven't got a wheelclamp. http://www.towsure.com/milenco-original-wheel-clamp-m15  have got a wheelclamp that fits. 10% off orders over £100. Give them a ring so you get the right size allthumbz

Your link had spurious characters at the end.  Try this one.
SteveUK
SteveUK
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 67
Auto-Sleeper : Clubman GL
Vehicle Year : 2001

Back to top Go down

Post by rose49f Thu 15 Sep 2016 - 12:53

Ohh. Dont know how that happened
rose49f
rose49f
Donator
Donator

Female

Member Age : 74
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down

Post by sqwifeve Thu 15 Sep 2016 - 22:26

The typical thing is that I won a competition to be able to camp this weekend but we probably won't have time as we already have a holiday booked from Sunday! I hope we will be allowed to just use the entry for the show on the Saturday.

We did eventually get a wheelclamp from Southdowns, a Stronghold. Not cheap at £129  but it very sturdy and heavy. It was quite a faff to fit, and him indoors was getting quite hot under the collar. I offered to help but when the air started getting bluer by the minute, I left him too it! rolleyes
sqwifeve
sqwifeve

Female

Vehicle Year : Vehicle

Back to top Go down

Post by AndyLouch Fri 16 Sep 2016 - 21:11

All, popped down to the South Coast show this afternoon and Paulmold is absolutely correct - a small show with plenty of used MHs (only a handful of AS vans!) to have a look at and a couple of stalls selling 'bits and bobs' which were quite useful as I made a couple of local contacts as we live about 2 miles away!
Glad I was able to cycle down and would have been a bit 'underwhelmed' if I'd traveled a long way! Andy
AndyLouch
AndyLouch
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper : Winchcombe
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down